Page 3

Alice In Never Land SAMPLE

*RING RING* “Shut up alarm clock!!” I yell turning it off. I threw the covers off of me. yawning I look under my pillow seeing the mystery book. I look at the clock to see how long I have till school starts, about an hour. Plenty of time, to look through the book and get ready. “Ok” I say to myself. I slowly open the book up to the first page. Nothing. I look in the middle and the end. Still nothing. Its probably a journal to right in it or a diary. I sigh, thinking it would be something more than a just plane paper in a book! I set it on my dresser and put my school uniform on

     I fixed my hair and did all that stuff and went downstairs. “Hey, grandma! Where’s grandpa?” I asked putting my stuff in my bag. “Good morning, Alice. Grandpa is at work remember?” She said looking through the mail. I thought he didn’t have work today, My grandpa works at the food market 2 blocks away from home. “OK. Grandma you don’t have to go through the trouble of making me breakfast. I’ll get some on the way to school.” I say heading towards the door. “Are you sure, Alice?” She ask from afar. I nod “I Am positive!” I say heading out the door and closing it. I sigh and walk to the cafe I work at to get something I want to eat.

    “Hey, Alice what are you doing here aren't you supposed to be at school?” One of my friends that work here said that. “Hi, minjung! I have 30 minutes till school starts, I just wanted something to eat before I go.” I say looking through the menu. Minjung smiled “Ok, Do you know anything you want?” She asked. I nod. “Yes, I want banana milk please!” I say smiling. I love banana milk If I could that would be the only thing I ever drink! “OK, Alice be right back with your love!” She said leaving. She knows I love my banana milk. I wait for my drink to be here. As the time passes I looked through my notes for school just to get a review from last week. “Alice, here you go” Minjung says setting the drink on the table. “Thanks, do mind if I take it with me on the way to school?” I ask. She nods eagerly. “Of course I don't want you late for school!” “ She says pushing me out the door. I laugh and make my way.

    I make my way into the school and see ALL the students running and talking with friends. I don’t have any friends because I have studies and work to do. Anyway I walk in the classroom and sit in the back. People are taking notes for tomorrow's test. I don’t need to take any I already know it all! So I decided to read a book instead, teacher won’t mind I hope. I open my bag and look through two books when one of my books glowed. “What?” I say taking the book out and it was that book with no cover, no words in it. The ‘mystery book’ I call it. What was it doing in here?? I don’t remember putting in there… It shined again. My eyes widened and looked around to see if anyone else noticed. I let out that breath I was holding in and opened it.

It said:   “Do You Believe?”   What? do I believe? I turned the page and there was chapter 1. Why is there a story all of a sudden? I put the book back and it flashed again.

    AFTER SCHOOL:

    My mind was flooded and told Minjung I couldn’t make it to work today. She didn’t say ‘why’ just a simple ‘OK’. I sighed in relief I didn’t feel like telling her about the book and all that. As I went in the house I felt really tired and washed up real quick. My grandparents were gone to visit some old friends. So I had the night to myself. I went to the kitchen and ate an apple. I went to get that book and went into my room and sat down. I opened it to the first chapter and went on.

“A long long time ago, there was a world with many creatures people never heard of! Well they were all in war and fought until each of the kind where dead. Villagers were deathly afraid of who would win, They hoped that their people would win. There many men getting destroyed and not saying their last goodbye to their loved ones. Wives and children were very sad and prayed that their family and relatives would win or come back home not half dead. This is the story about how all worlds came together and made peace.”  Wow! This sounds cool! I think and keep reading.

  *HOURS PASS* So cool! I smile to myself already on chapter 32. This book is in really great detail. I look at the clock 1AM. Dang I read a lot! I have to finish this. I guess not tonight though... I really hope to see how it's like at the end!!

I fall asleep happy that I found this book.