Page 2

Alice In Never Land SAMPLE

“Thanks Alice! You can go home now!” My boss, Ms.Lee said. “Thanks! See you tomorrow!”

I say leaving the cafe I work at. As I walk home I wonder about the book I saw in the attic. “why doesn't it have a title?” I whisper to myself. I really found it that strange, I mean when is it when you see a golden-silver book with no title? Pretty strange. I made it to the front step of the house, its only like a 3 to 5 minute walk from the cafe and back. I open the door to see my grandma making dinner, and I didn't see my grandpa anywhere. I shut the door and sat my phone on the counter next to my door. “Oh, Hello Alice, do mind finishing dinner for me while I find your grandpa?” Probably in the basement cleaning or something” My grandma ask. I nod “ Sure, no problem” I say heading to the kitchen. “Thank you Alice.” She says making her way to the basement. I get the sauce out and the rest and finish dinner about 5-10 minutes later. I get the food on the plates and set the table. “Grandma, foods ready!” I yell, making my way to the basement. “Alice, we will be right there, Grandpa was just taking a nap.” Grandma says. Coming back from the basement, grandpa following right from behind. “Thanks, for setting the table for use.” grandma say's. I smile sitting at the table. “Grandpa, why were you sleeping in the basement?” I ask taking a bit out my food. “I went down there to sleep because, your grandma over here kept on banging pots and pans!” He says shaking his head. I laugh, “Grandma, is that true?”. Grandma nods her head. “Maybe.” I roll my eyes and giggle. “I'am glad I have you guy's as my grandparent's” I say finishing my food. I take my plate and put it in the sink waiting for grandma and grandpa to get finished.  “Alice, honey you don’t have to wash the dishes tonight. I’ll do it.” I shake my head. “ No, grandma. I want to do it” I say grabbing their plates. Grandma shakes her head. “No. You have school tomorrow and you have to go to work. You will be very busy and you need your rest.” I look down. I totally forgot about school. “OK, grandma. But tomorrow I am doing it all!” I say smiling. “Grandma chuckles. I stretch and start heading upstairs. “Grandma, Grandpa, I am going to start going bed in a few.”  I say. I head to the bathroom and take a shower, when I got done I brushed my teeth. I head to my room and that’s when the book popped in my head. “Oh yeh! I forgot!!” I say running to the attic when I got there I opened the door and found the book laying on the boxes. I smile glad it’s still there. I pick it up and take it back to my room. I put it under my pillow and fell asleep.