Alternative Ending

My Heart Beats For U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He was standing at the poolside. A memory flashed by of when they were little and used to dip their feet in the cold water while letting the cool breeze ruffle their bangs.

 

He took out his cell phone and dialled for ambulance before entering into the warm water and submerging himself into it.

 

With warm water, cerebral anoxia becomes irreversible between 3 to 10 minutes. Consciousness is usually lost within 3 minutes of submersion. the struggle for life with rising and sinking of the body goes on for a variable period, depending on the vitality of a person, until he remains submerged. Convulsive movements then occur, followed by coma or suspended animation and death.

 

He is about to step into the pool when his phone flashes the light signalling a text arrived. His instant reaction is to ignore the text and go ahead. But the thought of kyungsoo texting him and whatever the text reads being the last word the older ever told him, makes him step back and walk towards the towel on which his phone is lying.

 

Sadly it’s not kyungsoo, but the intern’s number. He does not know what makes him open up the chat but he does. And the words that are peering back at him has his heart stopping.

 

“I found a donor. Please don’t be dead. God damn it!”

 

He has no idea for how long he stood there frozen but the sound of sirens have him recoiling back to present. There are paramedics rushing inside his home. And they all are looking at him initially with shock and then anger. None of them amused at Kai making the prank call. He vaguely remembers one of them saying that they are letting him off this once but to expect Jail Time next time it happens.

 

He wants to tell them the truth and for a moment he even forgets he can’t exactly tell them. He is still clutching the phone a little too tightly after they are gone. He finally comes to his complete senses after few minutes and dials the intern’s number.

“Do Kyungsoo”

 

“Yes”

 

“How do you feel? Is your new heart treating you well?” his doctor asks him as part of his routine follow up

 

“It is going fine. I feel a little different. Like suddenly i like candy and pink outfits” and he makes a face that peels out a laughter from the normally stern surgeon.

 

“I am sure that’s just you probably. But if you feel anything even remotely alarming, call up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter