Final

My Heart Beats For U
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
My Heart Beats For U

 

 

 

 

 

Kai was sitting by the large window in the cafe’s corner staring at the florist shop across and mindlessly doodling over his notebook.

 

Everything was silent even if the cafe was bustling with teenagers who just finished their school hours.

 

He opened the window and let the cool breeze ruffle his bangs and inhaled the fragrance of fresh flowers, carnation his favourite.

 

Meanwhile Kyungsoo was at the counter, taking orders and handling drinks looking in his direction every once awhile and giving a warm smile.

 

Kai would smile back before turning his attention back to people around, carefully observing their actions and mouths, trying to read their lip moment.

 

Kai  was deaf since birth and after his parents passed away in an accident when he was two he turned mute, mostly by initial trauma and afterwards by choice.

 

He moved to his grandparent's house where he met Kyungsoo for the first time when he was three and the elder four.

 

Initially he was afraid that the elder will mock and bully him like the other kids in his previous neighbourhood. But Kyungsoo was different, the minute he saw a small timid kid getting out of the car that evening years ago he gave a bright smile thinking he would get a new friend.

 

And that’s exactly he got, a new friend, Kai.

 

Soon he learned the younger couldn’t speak nor hear but that never bothered him. His smile, eyes, his touch was so expressing that he didn’t need any words to communicate, according to him.

 

Kyungsoo don’t know when he started learning sign language but over the years he did but didn’t get to use it much since Kai mastered lip reading before he turned seven.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo loves to sing, he wants to be a famous singer because that was his mom’s dream. She died when he was five because of brain tumour.

 

The only regret Kai has is he can’t hear him sing because he “knows” his voice is beautiful just like his heart. He makes it up while watching him practice, how he closes his eyes shut in concentration, cranes his neck upward, how he can see his veins pop and Adam apple bob when he grooves a note.

 

It’s breathtaking in his view, the passion Kyungsoo has makes kai feel guilty and sad and mostly angered.

 

He does not have any passion, even not a hobby, he does not know what to do with his life except observe people and see kyungsoo try so hard.

It’s unfair he thinks, how he who don’t need  it has it and while someone else like Kyungsoo who could do so much more with it lacks it.

 

He wished Kyungsoo had a heart, atleast one which would survive long enough for him to fulfil his mom’s wish.

 

 

He suffers from CCHD complex con heart defect, which is a combination of four defects. He was born with it but the symptoms were so acute that his family never took it serious. They thought his overweight to be the cause of his breathlessness and chest pains.

 

It was much later in his teens when doctor confirmed the disease. Doctor said “Rarely babies are born with multiple defects that are too complex to repair. I am sorry to say that your child is one of them. He needs heart transplant.

 

since then his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter