Do I Want to Know?

Do I Want to Know?
Joohyun discovered it while eating lunch on the rooftop of her school: a detached place. Nothing could be heard from her soft breathing and twitching muscles. After a few seconds, she realises the silence has a sound of its own - an empty ringing tone. She told her boyfriend about it, but he told her it does not exist, that she was just scaring herself.
 
 
She tries it again the next day. 
 
There is nothing unique regarding it, she understands that her brain is simply trying to interpret the lack of stimuli to her hearing and therefore creating a filler sound. She feels like the ringing sound actually serves a more arcane purpose; they are covering up a noise she is not supposed to hear. She likes a challenge and they are taunting her. 
 
 
She has eggs and bacon for today's lunch, a typical American breakfast cooked by her sister who had just returned to Seoul but she places it aside. She closes her eyes, listening to the air around her fade to almost nothing. She leaves left ajar then starts screaming then she immediately stops and listens. She could almost hear a soft murmuring to her left. Joohyun looks it up during the last ten minutes of her break. What she experienced was just like a sportscaster relaying events occurring ten seconds into the future. As time go by, she could make the voices out under the every day chaos under any circumstances. She could react quickly to any immediate danger, evading danger in an almost impossible speed. Her friends stop catching her by surprise because she spoils it by turning to face them in zero point five seconds before they could scream in her ears. She never regrets discovering this new ability. 
 
 
However, what is the catch?
 
 
The tones of the voices is not exactly horrible, but she starts watching accidents unraveling in front of her, leaving her to wonder if she would predict her own death. And, how is there a voice without a body? Just like how she discover them, they will notice her. 
 
A/N: I got this idea while eating bacon
i love bacon