Chapter 16 [FINAL]

Step Closer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16

As he finished mumbling, Mino straightened his back up and walked towards Jinwoo’s mother with his hands gripped tight into a fist with anxiety, apprehensive with the reply he was about to hear in a few steps away. The few seconds he took to reach in front of Jinwoo’s mother felt likes hours.

As he stepped in front of her, his lips parted apart slowly, “what did the doctor say?” he asked with a weak voice.

She looked up with her hand over , tears welling in her eyes, “they managed to remove the tumour and he is out of danger, but…” she paused for a moment to suppress her tears from flowing.

Mino’s pupils trembled as he stared at her, waiting for her to continue her sentence.

“But he is still in a coma now, they said they aren’t sure when he will wake up. He may wake up shortly after the anaesthesia but he may also not wake up forever” she continued her words as drops of tears rolled down her cheeks uncontrollably.

Mino was at a loss on what to feel, on a side, he was relieved that Jinwoo is out of danger and that piece of tumor is finally out of his brain but on another side, there is a chance he might never wake up again. That meant, he could not hear Jinwoo’s chirpy voice calling out his name, he could not hear his lame jokes again, most importantly, he could not hold Jinwoo in his arms, hearing him say “I love you”.

 

“As time goes by
Longing for love is getting bigger
I can’t do anything else
please save me from this”

 

As he stepped outside of Jinwoo’s room, his hand held on the piercing cold handle as he pushed the door open. The sight of the machines surrounding around Jinwoo feared him, Jinwoo’s body was attached with wires and tubes, his head, his hands, his body, his legs. There wasn’t a part that wasn’t free from all the monitoring devices. Every step he walked towards Jinwoo was heavy. As he stood beside Jinwoo’s bedside, the scent of medicines hit him strongly, he sat down on a chair beside Jinwoo’s bedside. He slid his warm hand under Jinwoo’s cold chilly hand, gripping it tight.

“Jinwoo…”

There was no answer.

“What’s wrong, come on, wake up and annoy me like you always do. Tell me your lame jokes, follow me around annoyingly…” the words left his mouth desperately.

There was still no answer.

“WHY AREN’T YOU WAKING UP? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME”

Mino burst out, tears rolled down his cheeks e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter