Seven

Love Again

It is December. The month where we have to attend awards and festivals. I was invited to attend MBC Entertainment Award as I was nominated for my radio show, Radiostar. I had to go alone as it was only me involved in this so I decided to have Minji to come with me. She had never come with me in public. Not anywhere. She tried to keep our relationship secret but to me, it’s time for us to have it announced to the public. People need to know who my future wife is. Even Sungmin had already been married and the fans are accepting well. I know, this will goes on well for me too.

“I don’t want to go. It’s not my thing. You know I’ve been living as a normal girl. A doctor doesn’t suit such events.” She objected.

“You’re a doctor with a celebrity as a future husband. I’m sorry but you have too, Dr. Choi.” I joked. She pouted in agreement that she had lost the argument and she must come with me for the award. I gave her a silver decent silky dress for the award while I will be wearing a grey set of suit.

I picked her up with a limousine that SMent provided for me to attend the award. The moment she stepped out of the building of her apartment, my eyes were glued on her. She was so beautiful. An angel. She clinged her arms around mine as we stepped off the limousine. “I’m scared.” She whispered. “I’m here. Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.” I smiled as I kissed her forehead. “Kyuhyun sshi.” She looked up to me. I smiled and walked her to the red carpet. The photographers started to take pictures of us. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“I’m attending this award for my nomination of Radiostar. Thank you to the ELFs for the support to Radiostar and I hope you guys will continue to support us. This year, this award is better and more special for me after past two years as today I’m coming with my fiancée, Choi Minji. Please do support us and give us your best wishes.” I smiled before kissing Minji’s head. Minji forced a smile in front of the cameras, reporters and fans despite her fear of revealing herself.

*             *             *             *             *

Tonight, I spent my night in Minji’s apartment. We ate and watched movies.

“Kyu..” she whispered. “Hm?” I looked over her and pulled her to lean on my shoulder. I can see that she’s still not comfortable with me, still confused with all the changes in her life after being my fiancée.

“This was what RaeJoon had to go through when she was still alive. She was a lawyer. Exactly like you, she refused to come with me attending any event of my celebrity-life. I forced her just like I forced you. I make her dress for events just like I did to you. There’s no difference between both of you. I made no difference. I admit that it is hard and still hard for me to forget RaeJoon. Every time I looked at you, I remembered her. I don’t want to love you as RaeJoon. I want to have you in my life as you. I promised you I will try and I am still trying now to get over these thoughts.” I said.

“I don’t want you to forget her. Heechul oppa said she was your first love and I don’t want to forget such a great woman like her. Yes, it’s hurting that you love her so much and still having her in your heart. But I can’t have her out of your life that easy. It might be there forever. I want to have you forever in my life, but the guilt is still there.”

“I’m sorry for making this hard for you, but I want to move on with my life. It has been two years, I haven’t be as happy as I am now. Your presence had brighten up my life again bit by bit. I love you, Choi Minji.” I smiled and kissed her, pulling her closer to me. She broke the kiss and looked into my eyes. “Don’t leave me?” she mumbled, tearing up her eyes. “I will never even though things are difficult. I will work things out for us. We will be the happiest couple in the world. RaeJoon will be proud and happy for us.” I convinced. “Okay?” I added.

She smiled as I wiped away her tears and hugged me.