Act 5; Scarfs

The Greatest Love Story (최고의 사랑): The New Chapter of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae gasped when he heard Donghae’s voice just outside the door. He quickly looked around for a place to hide.

“Ah, someone help me, please!” He thought panicky.

 

Heechul eyes widened when Donghae opened the door. He almost had a heart attack. Heechul tried to pass through the tall manager but the boy kept hugging his waist tightly, telling him to go away and come again next time for the picture.

“Like hell I will!” Heechul thought.

Donghae got inside casually and walked to the makeup table to grab his script. Heechul blinked and looked around inside the room confusedly when he saw Hyukjae was nowhere in sight. That was until he saw the familiar blue sneakers behind all the clothes that were hanging beside the wall.

Suddenly the door shut in front of his face. “That little…!” Heechul cussed. He could just only hope Hyukjae would be fine in there all alone.

 

Donghae sat on the sofa as Kyuhyun walked toward him, sighing softly. “People these days…” He muttered under his breath and looked at Donghae. “Ah right, hyung. During the shooting, you should tell them you almost hurt your eardrums while rehearsing for the film.”

Hyukjae that was hiding blinked confusedly when he heard that. “Hurt his eardrums?” He furrowed his eyebrows confusedly. He did not mean to hear their conversation. But he could not help but to eavesdrop as they kept talking.

“I told you I don’t want to tell them.” Donghae sighed and looked down at the script, trying to remember it. “I don’t want to announce to the whole South Korea that I’m an injury-prone.”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “Why is it? I think it is good. People will love it and keep saying, ‘Oh, he work really hard for the film’.” Kyuhyun tried to impersonate a girl voice in the last few words.

Donghae looked up at Kyuhyun, sighing softly. “I already need to act nice in front of those cameras, I don’t want to act hurt.” He shook his head a bit.

Kyuhyun frowned a bit. “Are you acting? You were really hurt though.”

Hyukjae blinked and took a little peeked from behind the clothes.

“That’s enough.” Donghae said, looking at the script again.

“Ah right.” Donghae looked at Kyuhyun again curiously.

“Why isn’t there any news of working with Peter Jason?” Kyuhyun eyes widened a bit at the sudden mentioned of Peter Jason. “It’s in the question.” Donghae said as he flipped through the script that was given by the variety show.

“Oh…that…” He shifted on his foot uncomfortably.

Donghae grabbed the thick script book of the movie he was hoping to join, directed by Peter Jason, on the table and show it to Kyuhyun who looked pale like he had seen a ghost.

“There’s a rumor about me going to the Hollywood soon. Isn’t that what most people are curious about?” Why would he tell them about his injury? The news of him going to the Hollywood is better than announcing himself as injury-prone and ruin his image. Plus, his injury was not that severe.

“Well, we don’t have to exactly tell them.” Kyuhyun said real carefully.

“Why?” Donghae looked at his manager suspiciously. “Did you tell them to take out that question?”

“Can’t we talk about this after the recording?” Kyuhyun said quickly, far too quickly for Donghae’s liking.

“WHY?” He raised his voiced; looking at the younger with his eyebrows frowning.

Hyukjae that was hiding startled at the sudden rose of those deep voice.

Kyuhyun looked unsure to tell the elder about the news but the stern looked Donghae was sending him made him think twice. “I don’t think you would be able to film a movie with Peter Jason.” He said softly.

Hyukjae blinked confusedly, “Why?” He thought.

Donghae stared at his manager before staring at the script and threw it on the table while thinking. “You don’t think I would be able to?” He asked slowly. He looked like he would hit anything right now. He clenched unclenched his fist before taking a deep breath and let go. The actor glanced at his manager. The sudden realization in Donghae’s eyes made the younger one flinched.

Hyukjae fidgeted on his spot curiously at the sudden silence.

“Kyuhyun-ah.”

“N-Ne, hyung?”

“Did I really get rejected?”

Hyukjae gasped and covered his mouth.

There was a silence when it suddenly broke by Donghae.

“I got rejected by Peter Jason?!” Donghae asked in disbelieved. it, he could not believe this. “Why? I thought it was confirmed? Why?” Donghae cried out.

Hyukjae gulped and peeked a bit. Donghae looked fuming right now. An imaginary fire came out from his ears.

“I even sent him the expensive wine!” Donghae curled his fingers into a fist. “Did he just chug that all down and rejected me, huh?” 

Kyuhyun shook his head.

“Wine?” Hyukjae frowned a bit. Did Donghae just use a bribed? “Was that necessary?”

“Then, why? Why the hell is it that I get rejected by him?!”

Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his nape. “It seems someone else stuck until the end. Other Asian actor got the part that you want.”

“Who the hell is it?” Donghae glared at nothing.

“It’s a Chinese actor call Wang Yoo Ni.”

Hyukjae nodded his head, agreed with the director choices.

“He grew up in America so he’s good in English.” Kyuhyun explained.

Donghae got rejected because he could not speak English well? Hyukjae thought.

“So, because I’m not good in English, I got pushed over by this Wang Yoo Ni and got rejected by Peter?” Donghae asked, fuming. Kyuhyun nodded once.

That would answer Hyukjae’s question.

Donghae threw up his hands and threw away the script that he was holding earlier before standing up, making the blonde jumped in surprised before hiding behind the clothes again.

“Hyung~ listen—”

“Get out.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m not, so get out.”

“But hyung…”

“Do you want me to have a fit during the recording?” Donghae threatened, running his fingers through his hair shakily.

Kyuhyun frowned and shook his head. Better let this hot-tempered man cool down first. “I-I got it. I’ll leave.” Kyuhyun smiled sheepishly. “Please calm down first before the recording.” Kyuhyun quickly ran out from the room, closing the door behind him.

Donghae raised his hands up like he was going to choke anyone near him anytime soon.

“Aw !” He cursed.

Suddenly his heart rates watch was beeping. The red number flashing showed him that his heart beat reading had increased. Donghae groaned, trying to calm himself down.

“Cool down, Lee Donghae”.

He looked at the watch again and saw it decreasing from 110 to 100. “Ergh!” He sighed heavily and walked to the toilet inside the room weakly.

 

Hyukjae came out from his hiding once he saw Donghae had disappeared inside the toilet. He puffed his cheeks and turned around to look at his scarf before looking down at Donghae’s around his neck. He felt guilty suddenly. “There were many reports that Lee Donghae was going to Hollywood. I guess he got rejected.” Hyukjae pouted and hung Donghae’s scarf back to it place and grabbed his own wet scarf. “I guess just because you’re popular, you’re not forgiven for everything.” Hyukjae wrapped his scarf around his neck and sighed.

Suddenly the door opened and Donghae stepped out of the toilet. Hyukjae startled and turned around. Donghae looked up and looked shocked at the sudden appearance of a stranger inside his changing room.

“What is this?” Donghae eyes widened.

Hyukjae’s expression was mirroring Donghae’s. Hyukjae hugged his scarf and shifted nervously on his feet. He needed to think of something quickly. He looked at Donghae and bowed his head. “Hello, Lee Donghae-sshi.” He greeted politely.

 

“Who are you?” Donghae frowned and looked at him up and down.

Hyukjae bit his lower lips and looked at Donghae with his big eyes. “I-I was just passing by…and this happened to be your room.  I’m a fan.” He lied, although the last part was true. Heechul’s acting really was rubbing on him.

“I’m a fan and my nephew is also a fan….I just wanted to get your autograph.” His eyes teary a bit—faked tears mind you.

Donghae eyes widened when the guy looked like he was on the verge of crying. He cleared his throat and rubbed his nape.

“Well…”

“But if you’re not feeling well, then I’ll just get the autograph later.” Hyukjae looked down, like he was disappointed.

“I’m sorry.” Hyukjae bowed and tried to escape, running to the door.

“Wait a moment!” Donghae grabbed the blonde’s arm. Hyukjae’s eyes widened. Did Donghae already catch what he was doing earlier? He did not mean to eavesdrop at all!

“Where do you want it?”

Hyukjae blinked confusedly at the question and turn around, tilted his head while looking at Donghae confusedly.

“Here?” Donghae pointed at the scarf around Hyukjae’s neck before grabbing it.

“Huh?” Hyukjae startled. Donghae walked to the makeup table and put down the scarf before taking his marker pen and signed his autograph on it.

“E-Excuse me…” Hyukjae eyes widened when he saw what Donghae was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter