Act 1; 5 years later

The Greatest Love Story (최고의 사랑): The New Chapter of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ACT 1: 5 years later

 

Hyukjae’s POV

 

5 years later,

I carved a small smiled as I clapped along with the others. Today’s schedule was not that packed. Who am I kidding? This was the only show that I got involved with after one week. Sometimes, it took longer than that for me to have any other offer. This was good enough for me. At least people still remember me, barely. I put on the best smiled and clapped loudly. I managed to last this long. This was not the time to back down, Lee Hyukjae.

“A real variety show, ‘If I Say I will Do It, I will’!’” Both of the MC’s said. That was the program’s show. You need to do the best, Hyukjae! Just keep up with your character! I watched as the B-Boy group dance. They made me envious, seriously. I was too, just like that before all those craps happened five years ago. I shook my head, trying to get rid of the thought and watched the new girls group dance to their song. I saw Heechul hyung between the crew and he waved at me, mouthing a ‘hwaiting’ at me. I chuckled softly, knowing full well that he was trying to cheer me up.

“The founder of idols, the eponymous of idols, that’s right! Nation One’s Lee Hyukjae-sshi!” I blinked confusedly when someone called out my name and realized that they were introducing me. I quickly put on a smile and bowed. Concentrate, Lee Hyukjae!

“It’s been a long time since you’ve been with us, so we’re very thankful that you can make it.” I just smiled sheepishly and nodded at his words.

We moved onto the challenged and the first challenged was to sing 3 high notes which I never good at even until now. I managed until the second notes but the girl from the girl group that I did not give a damn about managed to pass the challenged easily. Well, it was not my fault that I am weak in singing! I pouted.

The second challenged was not any better. Why were they playing this stupid game anyway? Limbo? Huh! Argh…my back hurt! I forced a laughed as I fell on my . Stupid…game…

Okay the third challenged was the tumbling. You can do this, Hyukjae! I took a deep breath before running and did a tumbling successfully. I grinned as they clapped. I thought I’m going to win. But oh no, that girl just needed to show off by doing a double tumbling and a split! Just great…Hyukjae, you just lost to a girl.

“This week last place is, Lee Hyukjae-sshi!” They laughed at that. My cheeks flushed a bit. I’m already used to this. I tried my best to ignore them. How many years had past? Right, 5 full years, I suffered for something that was not my fault. Everyone despised me, all the hatred comments on the web and worst of all the fake scandals they created was a proof enough to show how I had suffered all these years. Everything I said, everything I did, all of it was wrong in their eyes. But, my love for this job never dimmed out. I would stay strong and never back down. Lee Hyukjae, hwaiting!

 

“So, while we ride this thing, I have to eat all of this until finish?” I was sitting on the roller coaster with Heechul hyung beside me. They just need to put us at the front seats!

The staff looked at the camera, making sure that the camera was on their place and strongly attached on the roller coaster.

“Yup.” He nodded.

“If I complete this challenge, will they call me back for next week?” I looked down at the black noodle inside the bowl. They wrapped the cello tape around my hand and attached it to the back of the bowl so it would not fall down during the ride. I’m more worry about the noodle actually. If I did not finish it quickly, who knows where the noodles would be flying to?

“That if you want to keep coming out every week.” He shrugged.

“Then, I must success.” I muttered. The roller coaster suddenly slowly moved. Heechul hyung held onto the rail tightly.

“Now, challenge!” The MC said.

“If I said I can, I will!” we both chanted.

The others cheered loudly.

Heechul hyung just could not sit quietly as he kept urging me to mix the noodle quickly. Could not he see he was making me nervous?

“Uwah hyung~~”

“We’re moving up!” I quickly mix the noodle with its sauce using a chopstick.

“Oh, I don’t like this!” he shrieked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter