Enter Sandman

No Words Needed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Few hours ago*

 

Jaerim felt Soeun’s arms wrapped around his waist with her tears continuing to soak his t-shirt as he held her tightly, hoping his present would be of some comfort. What am I going to do with this girl? Lightly pushing her away from his body, cupping her face with his two rough hands, evident from his years of hardship in building a name for himself. His two thumbs gently used her tears to wipe clean any remaining trace of makeup from her face. Her eyes were closed, unwilling to look at him in her vulnerable state. 

 

“Who said anything about stopping the program? Do you know how busy I am? WGM is a little mini-vacation away from my daily mundane routine. Being with you, even if it just for one day is enough to recharge my battery for the weeks ahead. Knowing I get to see the face of an angel is something I have to look forward to. I don’t have any intention of stopping the program… Not yet. I’m not ready to wake up from my dream yet.” With his left arm around Soeun shoulder and hands caressing her head gently as he planted a kiss on her forehead, Jaerim fumbles around his pockets with his free hand in search for his cell phone. He calls his manager, Seung Joon, asking him to come pick them up so they can escape from the harsh winter's night. 

 

She was sitting in the seat next to Jaerim in the back of the van, his hand managed to grab ahold of Soeun’s as he her palm for assurance as their hands dangled in the empty space separating them. 

 

"It’s okay...” he repeatedly whispered over and over again, comforting her that everything will work out in due time. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars.” 

 

Still unable to look at Jaerim in the eyes, “That’s beautiful, oppa.” 

 

Finally a response from her. “It’s my favorite quote from Kahlil Gibran. It resonates my trust in fate, in knowing everything happens for a reason. It’s the flaws and the scars that we carry around that make us beautiful; that allow us some forward movement, growing with each and every step. I see great people and wonder what kind of paths they have traveled and what kind of pain they are masking with their smiles. What sort of hardship they have had to endure in order to gain the strength and conviction to truly be someone great. I trust that you will grow from this and become someone even greater in the future.” 

 

Her heart started to race while in-taking Jaerim’s sweet gesture and comforting words. Meeting him for the past few months, she has grown accustomed to his finger and toe curling comments, not only anticipating them but actually finding herself enjoying them. Watching and reading his interviews, she noticed a different side to her virtual husband, a side he rarely shows in front of her, until now. More so than his signature “cheesy lines”, his philosophical view on life managed to surprise her even more. Jaerim is truly a useful person to her, in the rawest sense of the word. Being in his present, she feels free to be herself, not letting public perception dictate her actions. 

 

Manager-oppa!!!!! “I have to call my manager.”  
He would surely give me a scolding for ditching him. 

 

“I have already called your manager, Soeun-shi.” Seung Joon interrupted. “He know you’re okay. You don’t have to hear him nagging you… well at least not tonight anyway. Can’t blame him for wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter