The Morning After

No Words Needed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How long has it been? Glancing around at the unfamiliar surrounding before pulling her cellphone out to check the time. 


4am??!!!


Well, good thing dad would have been at the hospital, looking after mom or it would have been an awkward conversation later while trying to explain to him where I had been all night.  Her sister, Somi, on the other hand might have just gone crazy worrying what could have happened. Seeing the amount of unread text messages and missed calls from her sister since last night, Soeun gave herself a mental kick for forgetting that Somi is on break from college and is home for the month. 


Pushing the duvet off her body, Soeun look around the room, wanting to gain a better understanding of its owner. Shelves filled with books and memorabilia seem to encompass the entirety of the room with two guitars on display in a corner. A lone music stand to the left of a desk situated in front of a window, looking out into Seoul's illuminated skyline. She wants to stay longer but dismisses the idea when it dawned on her that she needed to rush home before her father walks through the door. She also needed to calm her sister's vivid imagination, so Somi does not blurt out unnecessary nonsense to their father about her time unaccounted for, missing in action. 


Soeun carefully turn the knob of the door, trying to make as little noise as possible to avoid waking a particular person in the process. She made her way into the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter