Chapter 15: You Don't Know my Feelings (남의 속도 모르고 )

The End...Not?

 

The one in blue is spoken in English.

 

Day 4

Taera’s POV

 

                My shoulders unknowingly slumped in disappointment as I opened the main door on my way going to the office. I don’t know why, but I was expecting to see him waiting for me today; to be explaining why he did not come yesterday morning. But, he did not. It has been two days in a row. To tell you the truth, I was already considering in giving both of us another chance in this relationship. I mean, I missed my kids running around seeking for my attention, my house which I am no longer sure looked like a decent one by now, my life as a married woman and of course, I missed my husband. I missed Jonghoon very much.

                I missed his touches, his cheesy lines, and the warmth he offers whenever those arms wrapped around me. I just missed him regardless of just being away for few days. I sighed inwardly as I thought how am I supposed to carry on with my life if we were really splitting up. I laughed at myself for being stupid to think that refraining myself from replying to his love could stop my love towards him. Yes, I do love him. I have loved him since I do not know when. I had just realised my feelings when I was studying overseas.

                When I was studying in the US, he would call me occasionally to check on me. I would wait for his phone call everyday as he would call me at random days in the week. But there was one time when he exceeded the two weeks period. I could not call him as I do not know his schedule. He might be in the middle of recording or anything. I was so anxious that even my roommate sensed that something was bothering me at that time.

 

[Flashback]

 

                “Annyooong~ Jagiya kekeke. Goodluck for your exam tomorrow, ne? Don’t get nervous, or else it’ll make you even more nervous. Eh what am I saying? Ah forget it! Take care of yourself during your exam weeks and even after it has ended. I’m not there to attend you if you’re sick like last time, arasseo? Don’t skip your meal, don’t sleep too late and don’t forget me kekeke. I might inspire you hahaha. Ahn Taera hwaiting!! Jarhaebwa, neo halsu isseo! Get good grades and I’ll buy you something delicious. Yaksok! Ja, ajikkaji, ne aein hahaha. Annyooong aegiyaa~.” I was about to replay the voice message again when my roommate, Li Yi approached me who was lying on the bed. (Annyong - a way to say 'Annyeong' with aegyo; Jagiya - Honey; Jarhaebwa - Good Luck; Neo halsu isseo - You can do it; Yaksok - Promise; Ajikkaji - Till now; Ne aein - Your lover; Aegi - Baby)

                “Hey, Taera. What’s wrong? You seemed troubled,” she asked as she sat at the end of my bed. I sat up straight upon hearing her voice and smoothened my crinkled clothes after laying there for God knows how long.

                “Oh, nothing. I was just daydreaming,” I said, faking a smile. However, she did not buy that. She took my hand in between hers and gaze straight into my eyes. She put on that soft smile of hers.

                “Taera, I’ve been with you for almost two years already. I can tell that you are troubled, dear. I would have not in if it doesn’t affect your studies. But, yes, it does. You were supposed to pass up your assignment two days ago, but you didn’t. You’re making me worry. I missed the old Taera.” I looked into her eyes to see the flowing sincerity in her words; how she was worried about me, how she was really concerned about me.

                “I..I…It was nothing, really. It’s just that I’m waiting for a call from home.”

                “From him?” she said, referring to a photo of me with Jonghoon ssaem on my study table. I nodded as an answer.  She frowned as if she was contemplating something.

                “Uhm, I’m sorry if I’m being a bee, but do you love him?

                “Of course I do. He’s like my br…

                “I mean, romantically.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

                I was cut of my trance as I suddenly felt a raindrop on my face. I looked up to the sky, to see dark clouds above my head. I hurriedly got into my car before I rushed my way to the academy. ‘I miss you, Jonghoon.’

 

 

A/N: A filler chapter after months of no updates! Whew. Had just finished my trial exams last week and tell you what? It's suicidal XP The real exams will be on 5th November  till 27th November. The next update will be after the exams because I really really need to get straight A+ in this exam. Or else, say bye bye to my dreams to further studies at the overseas. Haih.

I sincerely apologises to each one of you who have been loyal to this fic even though I hadn't update it for so long. I'm very grateful, you guys! Thank you so much for the support and I LOVE YOU!! EVERY AND EACH ONE OF YOU!! 

 

Till we meet again next time, 

Love, ChocoBun.