Put Your Hearts Up

Put Your Hearts Up

Making Seo Joohyun give off any form of human emotion is nothing like taking a candy from a baby. No, everyone who has the honor of working with her will attest to this fact; especially her husband, Jung Yonghwa. He received a lot of questions on what went through his head to make him went and get married to the most frigid woman to ever cross the seas to Seoul. He would casually shrug them off whilst shaking his head. After all, he knows better.

 
She would hide her emotions well, a skill she honed that even after years of marriage she would only be so open about her affections when Yonghwa was asleep. He discovered this one morning when he woke up to her tracing the lines on his face with her fingers. Thankfully, he was able to keep his eyes closed or he could have scared her off. He kept still while Joohyun continued for a few more seconds. Despite having his eyes closed, he could almost see a smile upon his wife's face and soon after the sound of her footsteps down the hallway only he get out of bed. 
 
He would carry on getting ready for the day, walking into the kitchen finding her sitting at their dining table reading the newspaper with a cup of tea placed in front of her. The smell of coffee caught his attention and he proceeded to pour himself a cup. He took a seat in front of his wife and then added sugar to his coffee. "Good morning," Joohyun's voice came from behind the paper she was reading, "slept well?"
 
"I did." He replied his lips forming a smirk, "but I have to say I woke up even better." Joohyun simply responded with a raised eyebrow at him. 
 
 
"Look at him sleep, he's so cute." Yonghwa hears her coo. It is a Sunday morning, and on Sundays he sleeps in. He feels Joohyun sit next to his body, placing her hand gently on his face and he could feel the smile that formed on his wife's face. He then feels her lean forward to press a kiss on his forehead. He could not help but to grin at his wife's actions, cracking an eye open to see if he was caught, but she is already on her way out of their room.