06 Tutor Sessions

Elastic Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun admitted that he has made a ton of mistakes, but nothing felt worse than breaking up with Saera.

It didn’t feel right- why did he break up with her? Did his feelings for her change? Was it because she did not pay as much attention to him like she used to? Did he break up with her because of Seulgi?

He hated admitting this, but Sehun just knows that Seulgi was partly the reason he broke up with his long time girlfriend. He thought that maybe, maybe he could start something with Seulgi. And what made him chuckle deeper was that Seulgi wasn’t even at fault to begin with.

Seulgi wasn’t into him like he thought she was. She was sincere. She thought Sehun needed company after their dancing classes, and she was being just that- a considerate companion. And besides, who knew she would be more interested than his own friend, Jongin?

But then again, as Sehun weighed, it probably made more sense. Seulgi has always been a nice person, and nice people don’t go for attached men- which in fact made the situation ten times worse. It would only mean that Sehun was the one who pulled the strings. Sehun was the one who started it to begin with.

And Sehun also, was unfortunately that ended things for himself.

 

 

Saera hears from Luhan that he has a Chinese friend and that she will hit it off with him, and the more Saera stalls from meeting this super awesome friend (Luhan’s words), the more he wouldn’t shut up about it.

She was in the middle of stacking up the flowers into their respective boxes while humming to her favourite acoustic tunes when Luhan enters with a man trailing at the back. One look at him and Saera finally knew how it felt like to have her breath taken away.

She learned that his name is Yixing, and he’s currently working as a music composer at one of the smaller entertainment companies around the corner. He has eyes that glint whenever he smiles, and deep dimples that have her swooning like a silly girl. He has a voice that’s soft and melodious, that would make her smile even wider.

 

“Oh, so you play the piano too? When do I get to see you play?” Yixing inquires, his sweet voice resonating in her ears.

“But I… I’m not that great, really. I only play whatever I learned at church,” Saera hates it whenever she gets too shy and sheepish for her own good, and nothing kills her more than laughing awkwardly at the guy she just met an hour ago.

“You know what I think? I think you’re selling yourself short. From what I hear from Luhan, you sound like a really amazing person. He speaks highly of you, of course,”

Saera blushes even harder, now unable to hide them from his peripheral view. “Well… it’s… it’s Luhan anyway. Isn’t that what he does? And if it makes you feel better, he wouldn’t shut up about you either. Pesters me to meet you all the time,”

“Oh really? That’s good to know,”

Saera hides her blush behind the mug of coffee she prepared for the both of them earlier. Luhan was there earlier before he excused himself to buy lunch for the three of them, which has probably been the first time he’s ever done that ever since Saera started out at Bloom.

“I’m… I’m sorry for cutting to the chase, but… I’d like to take you out sometime, if you don’t mind,”

Yixing definitely catches Saera off guard as she merely stares back in disbelief. She has not been single for almost three years, and she still think she’s too rusty to be getting back into the market.

“W-why?” She croaks out, it being the first thing that comes out of .

“Why?” Saera watches as he chuckles in response. “Simply because I think you’re an interesting person, and I’d like to know you better,”

“But I’m not that interesting, if I have to be honest…”

“Oh really? Go out with me- just one time. And I’ll be the judge of that,”

 

 

Sehun is unable to look away from the window as he stays rooted to the ground. His hand is shaking, threatening to drop the bag filled with the waffles that is meant to be shared to the ground. So this is what a heartbreak feels like, he thinks. It’s heart wrenching and catches you in disbelief, and the worst part is that you can’t really do anything about it. You’re helpless.

“Can I help you?”

Sehun turns to the direction of the voice interrupting his train of thoughts. Standing not too far from him is Luhan with two bags of possibly food for the crowd of three.

“I-uh… I’m-” Sehun stammers, shifting his weight from left to right.

 

“Are you here to get more flowers, Sehun?”

“I-uh…”

“You know, Saera doesn’t need any of this,”

Sehun starts to feel infuriated the moment Luhan cuts him off before he has the chance to complete his sentence.

 

“She doesn’t need you showing up after three months of silence with food and friendly banter,” Luhan continues with eyes judging the paper bag in his hand. “I know guys like you,”

“You don’t know anything about me, so shut the up-”

“You break up with her because you were bored, because you got tired of her. You’re done- you thought she changed and she didn’t give you the love you deserved. And suddenly, you wake up one day and realise that you lost it all- you lost her, and you lost your chance. And now here you are crawling back at her feet, trying your best to win her back. Please tell me I at least got half of it correct,”

 

Sehun hates the way Luhan stares into him right now, because he knows whatever that comes out of his mouth hits the nail on the head. For once, he’s speechless. He has nothing to defend himself- and even if he does, it’s useless anyway. Luhan figures him out like a goddamn Rubik’s cube even before Sehun could stop him.

“Do you know what I feel you should do? Leave. Leave her alone. You don’t get to break her heart like that and expect her to take you back. That’s too… that’s too heartless, Oh Sehun. You don’t deserve Saera,”

As much as Sehun wants to deny it, he couldn’t do so. Those words begin to embed itself into his head. The more he hears it, the truer it sounds, and the more he wants to believe them.

 

 

Saera has never looked forward to a tutor session as much as this one. She spent the whole night scouring over textbooks and mathematical equations just to prepare for her session with Sehun. She doesn’t know what it is- it’s most probably the general excitement over spending more time with him or that tutoring him brings back fond memories.

 

Saera practically skips her way to his house, taking the right turns and ends up breathless right in front of his door. She readjusts the strap of her cotton bag, suppressing her smile from growing too wide. Even though it’s Sehun and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter