Whispers in the Wind

Whispers In The Wind
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Sehun.

 

The overwhelming happiness he feels morphs into a brilliant smile on his face as he enters the airport. Finally, Sehun is coming home.

 

 

~ 사랑해 ~

 

 

They have been best friends since forever. Being next-door neighbors since they were kids, Luhan can’t remember a time when he was without the younger. They were always together; whether it’d be playing, doing silly pranks, crying over oos, nap time, or even top secret missions such as Operation: Steal Mom’s Cookies.

 

At the end of the day, before they part ways and go home, the older would always hug the other and say, “I really like you, Sehunnie.” The latter would grin widely and blush before returning the hug and reply with, “I like you too, hyung. Thee you tomorrow!” He’d then run home while still waving his arms. Luhan would happily wave back, thinking ‘Adorable! Even with his lisp, Sehunnie is truly adorable.’ Yes. Luhan had always felt something special for Sehun.

 

 

~ 사랑해 ~

 

 

As they grew up, both boys had entered school with Luhan a year ahead of Sehun. The older would never forget that time when the younger begged him to attend their Show & Tell activity.

 

“Sehunnie…” Luhan whined. “I don’t want to go. Besides, I’m not even a pet! So I really can’t go.” Seriously, just because his name translates to a deer doesn’t mean that he’s an animal! “But hyung, that would be so cool!” The younger boy then fidgets and looks down before saying, “And I just really want everyone to meet you.”

 

Oh. Really? “Why so?” the older questioned. Silence ensued for a few seconds sparking Luhan’s curiosity further. “So I can show the world that I have the best hyung in the whole universe!” Sehun suddenly blurts out, smiling so brightly. He looked really cute, arms spread wide to give emphasis to his previous statement. “Aww… How sweet!” Luhan cooed. “And you’re the best dongsaeng in the world! That’s why I really like you, Sehunnie.”

 

“And also, to prove to the others that you’re really pretty. Much like a girl even though you’re a boy.” The younger mischievously quipped in a hushed whisper but the older heard it anyway. “Yah!” Luhan called out. He wasn’t angry. In fact, he was flattered. But that doesn’t mean that he wasn’t embarrassed. So he slapped Sehun’s arm to retaliate.

 

It ended up with Sehun bringing their pet cat Mr. Fluffy instead simply because he didn’t want to share his Luhan hyung with his classmates lest they would want to have the older as their hyung as well, which they surely would knowing how irresistible Luhan’s charm was. And it may also had something to do with Mr. and Mrs. Oh scolding their son when he placed a round bell around Luhan’s neck because he was cute like a little kitten. Well, he was lucky Sehun didn’t put him on a leash.

 

 

~ 사랑해 ~

 

 

Everything became complicated when high school came, well for Luhan at least. He couldn’t help but notice the changes within him. He wanted Sehun’s constant attention, always wanted to be with the younger despite having different schedules. He cherished the latter’s little praises and compliments, and treasured the times they get to spend together. Their daily routine of going to the bubble tea shop after school became something he looked forward to. Sehun became the center of his attention. He was his last thought before he slept at night and the first one when he would wake in the morning. Not to mention, he’s also the main star of Luhan’s dreams.

 

“Good morning, Luhan-hyung!” Sehun chirped as the older stepped out of their house. The younger would always wait by his door and greet him before they walk together to school. It was their routine, it’s perfectly normal. Except, now, it isn’t. Because the way his name rolls off of Sehun’s tongue makes Luhan’s heart skip a beat and the younger’s smile, the way his eyes crinkled at the corner, tugs his soul and makes his heart flutter. Yes, Luhan has fallen in love with his little Sehunnie.

 

“G-Good morning, Sehunnie.” I love you.

 

 

~ 사랑해 ~

 

 

Senior Prom came around. Despite having received tons of invitations from guys and girls alike, Luhan politely declined and turned them down. Instead, he opted to convincing Sehun to be his date.

 

“Are you sure about this, hyung?” I mean there are a lot of people willing to kill just to be your prom date. I wouldn’t want to be mobbed.” Sehun stated, nervously working on his tie. “Why should I choose them?” Luhan retorted. When you are the only one I want to be with. He notices that the younger keeps on fidgeting so he decided to joke it off. “They’re annoying.” He deadpans. “Besides, they wouldn’t dare lay a finger on you. They fear my wrath.” Sehun just laughed and shook his head. “But seriously, hyung. It’s never too late to change your mind. I just really want you to enjoy the night.” The younger said, causing Luhan to smile.

 

“Well, I’m pretty sure being with Mr. Fluffy is more fun than being with them. And what are you saying? Of course I’ll be enjoying the night. I’m with you, right?” Luhan fr

Please log in to read the full chapter