Turn-over

[Multi-shot] Sunset Resignation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gayoon was turning her body into every position she could on her small squeaky bed. It was 9am in the morning and she’s fully awake with her cellphone beside her. There were no new messages.

 

Her morning was ruined.

 

She gave her number to Jiyoon after their so-called “dinner after the sunset”. She was sure the pink-haired girl was so excited to finally get her number.

 

So why isn’t she receiving any messages from her?

 

Gayoon rolled again on her bed, facing the ceiling.

 

Maybe Jiyoon was still asleep.

 

Right?

 

But how come she didn’t even text her that night if she had already arrived her apartment, or even just a goodnight text?

 

Gayoon was confused. Did the sunset story even mean anything to Jiyoon? Was that really just a simple comparison to her and the sunset?

 

Gayoon put her palm on her forehead.

What if she’s interpreting Jiyoon’s actions in a gay way?

 

What if…she’s liking a straight girl?

 

She ended up burying her face on the pillow and screamed like a whiny girl.

 

Why does everything around her have to be complicated?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gayoon woke up with a loud sound on her phone. She was too groggy to think straight and just pressed anything on the phone and put it near her ear.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Who’s this?” Gayoon yawned, her mood still dark as her eyebags.

 

“So you still haven’t read my messages?”

 

“What messages?” She groaned slowly while stretching her body. She could feel her sweat and how it the heat was calling her for a shower. She had overslept, she thought.

 

“I thought you’ll read the messages first so I would know what to text you.”

 

Gayoon squinted her eyes and rubbed it. “I just woke up. Who is this?”

 

“It’s me, Jiyoon.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah.” There was an awkward laugh on the line.

 

“How come you sound so different?”

 

“I got colds.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah. Haha! So you just woke up?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“I woke you up?”

 

“Sort of.”

 

“Oh. Sorry.”

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“Okay, good!”

 

“What were the messages by the way?”

 

There was silence on the other line, but Gayoon waited.

 

“I wanted to ask if you have a boyfriend.”

 

“A boyfriend?” Gayoon snickered.

 

“You might have one on your hometown, that’s why you’re going back.”

 

“No no.”

 

“That’s a no?”

 

“Yes.”

 

There was another silence. But this time, she could imagine the girl smiling on the other line. Gayoon wanted to enjoy it too. But she wanted to know more about the questions.

 

“So is that your out-of-the-line questions?”

 

“Oh no.”

 

“What is it?’

 

“I wanted to ask your favorite stuff.”

 

“My what?’

 

“Your favorite stuff. Your favorite color. Your favorite food.”

 

“How come it’s out of the line?’

 

“Cause I sent you about 20 questions about it… Separate messages.”

 

Gayoon couldn’t help it. She laughed way too unlady about it. It was so funny to her, and yet she couldn’t understand how somehow it seemed important to Jiyoon.

 

“Why does it sound so important to you?”

 

“Well,” Jiyoon laughed. “Don’t you wanna know all the things of the person you like?”

 

Gayoon didn’t know if it’s the heat making her cheeks feel like burning or it’s Jiyoon’s statement. She shook her head and grinned like a teen.

 

“I guess my favorite color is pink.”

 

“Pink?” Gayoon swore she could imagine Jiyoon’s sheepish smile at the moment.

 

“I guess.”

 

“Do you wanna know mine, Gayoon?”

 

Gayoon rest comfortably in her bed while hugging another pillow.

 

“Why not?”

 

 

Their call ended up with asking one another’s favorite things and those small things people would never thought was important.

 

But Gayoon understood why it was so important to Jiyoon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter