Rendering

[Multi-shot] Sunset Resignation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pink-haired girl was acting weird and awkward before she started speaking.

 

"Uhm, you know twitter, right?"

 

Both of them heard the sound of the elevator opening, together with some people waiting for them to get in.

 

Gayoon smiled widely, ignoring the elevator and focusing on Jiyoon.

 

"Do you want my help?" She wanted pretend not to be excited, so she . She watched the girl struggle with her thoughts and turned her gaze at the elevator.

 

"I'll just ask you later. Go ahead and have lunch." Jiyoon pointed on the opened lift, but Gayoon couldn't risk the opportunity. She walked away from the door and pulled Jiyoon with her. There was a foreign feeling upon realizing that she took the initiative to hold the other girl's hand. She noticed the softness of Jiyoon's palm and it made her feel conscious about her own.

 

"I'll help." Gayoon insisted before letting go of their intertwined hands.

 

"No, no. I just want to ask some stuff. It can wait after lunch."

 

"I'm not busy." She walked faster to the table and grabbed a chair. Jiyoon shyly smiled and sat at her own station.

 

"But you told me you were supposed to eat lunch?"

 

"Did you have lunch?"

 

"Not yet."

 

"We can just order and eat here."

 

Gayoon had never been so eager to work. She told all the things Jiyoon should know about the website while casually asking questions to know the other girl.

 

"So you can use this shortcut of composing a new tweet. Just press the N button."

 

"Oh. That's good."

 

"Yes." Gayoon grinned like a proud kid when she received a good response from the other girl. She pointed her finger on the screen to teach another one. "You can click this icon for your direct messages."

 

"This is like your inbox on facebook, right?"

 

"Yes. But you can only type 140 characters here. By the way," Gayoon paused and looked at her. "Are you a member of our company group on facebook?”

 

"Uhm, yes." Jiyoon clicked the icon and test it herself. "Why?"

 

"Oh no nothing." Gayoon returned her gaze on the screen and followed the movement of the mouse. "I just don't think I see you there."

 

"I don't really use facebook." Jiyoon opened another tab on the browser and typed the said website. "Hey, what's your name?"

 

Gayoon felt those words sting to her skin. She laughed awkwardly before answering her. "Gayoon..."

 

It's weird how she's so sensitive when it comes to the girl. But how could she forget her name so fast?

 

"Oh no. I mean your full name so I can add you." Gayoon felt a sense of relief when she heard it. Her eyes twinkled for hope. "I've been trying to search for you these days."

 

She was…searching for her?

 

Gayoon felt something unfamiliar in her chest. She couldn't help the happiness spreading on her lips.

 

She answered her with glee, "Heo. Heo Gayoon."

 

Jiyoon typed her name on the search bar. "My boss recommended you on my project but, I don't know how to approach you so I asked Sohyun. She said you don't give your number so I tried searching you on facebook but I couldn't see you."

 

"But," Gayoon hesitated on continuing her question. She wanted to ask about their encounter on the elevator yesterday and how she could have asked her there, but she was also thinking that Jiyoon might have forgotten it.

 

"Oh." Jiyoon clicked her profile picture to enlarge the view. "Y-You really look pretty."

 

Gayoon felt her blood rushing through her cheeks, her face felt hot and she wanted to fan herself. She didn't know how to counter the said compliment. She looked back at Jiyoon to see that the other girl was blushing as well.

 

Jiyoon awkwardly laughed and cleared the tab, "I-I just want to say you are."

 

Gayoon joined in with her nervous laugh. Her eyes diverted back to the boring screen, "T-thank you. I'm not used to it, so...”

 

Of course, she lied. There were a lot of people who told her those words with different intentions. Mostly, she ignored them or replied a dull response. But with Jiyoon, she didn't know what to do.

 

She didn't know why she felt so nervous with the other girl. There was a feeling of excitement and fear on her every action towards this girl.

 

"Really?" Jiyoon questioned her, which was followed by a faint smirk that Gayoon saw for the first time. "T-then, I should say that to you more often."

 

Was she initiating flirting? Gayoon couldn't read the other girl's mind. She decided to look at their take out foods and handed one to the pink-haired girl.

 

"Well, if you will treat me lunch everyday while making me feel like a queen, then why not?"

 

Jiyoon laughed, her cheeks still flustered as she took a spoonful of the chinese food. “Well,” her playful smile tugged a string in the brunette’s heart. “If that will make you smile then it’s a deal.”

 

Gayoon laughed, her hand positioned on her chest.

 

Did her heart just fell?

 

Crap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gayoon ended up staring at Jiyoon’s facebook profile for hours. She couldn’t stop clicking the pictures one by one. She studied Jiyoon’s smile, her eyes, her type of fashion (which she really hated to see most of the times) and stalked (slightly) some people that left comments on her profile. She didn’t notice that it was 5 in the afternoon and it was time to go home. Her fingers itched to ping her on the messenger but she was too shy. She bit her lips, looked at the mirror to apply some re-touch on her face and logged out.

 

Jiyoon gave her a pleasure of that cute giddy feeling. That fresh young beat of hope. Seeing a pretty lady talking to her made her heart beat like a happy child. She hid a playful smile to herself. It’s been so long since she felt this—having a crush on someone.

 

Her smile grew more when she saw Jiyoon already waiting at the elevator. The girl was busy looking at her phone.

 

“Hey.” Gayoon said.

 

“Hi.” Jiyoon laughed. “I just saw that you liked an old picture on my profile.”

 

Gayoon wanted to hit herself for being reckless and not noticing her stalking activities. “I did?”

 

“Yeah, you did.” Jiyoon laughed more and showed her phone. She read and saw the picture of Jiyoon wearing shades. “Stalking me already?”

 

Gayoon was caught. Red-handed. She didn’t know what to say, so she just laughed and cursed at herself mentally. It was a very obvious thing. She wanted to bury herself in shame for that action.

 

“It’s okay.” The number blinked a red light on their floor and the elevator opened.

 

 

“I’m stalking your profile too.”

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter