Scenario 3 - Jinhwan

Gidaryeo (iKON Scenarios)

 

"Ah! I'm done!"

You exclaimed as you sank into your chair. It was already past midnight and you haven't even done half of your homeworks. You have never felt so stressed in your life. Being a college student and working 7 hours a day was harder than you thought.

You threw yourself on your bed and as you started to doze off, your phone suddenly rang. Your brows furrowed when you saw the name on the screen

"Ya, Hanbin, do you know what time is it?" There was a hint of annoyance in your voice.

[Noona! Is Jinhwan hyung there?] Hanbin asked, completely ignoring what you said.

You felt your heart skip a beat when you heard your bestfriend's name. "No. Why?"

There was a long pause. "Hanbin, is something wrong?"

[..Noona, Jinhwan hyung is missing..]

"What do you mean he's missing?" You stood up in shock.

[He left earlier than us this morning, he just texted Hanbin hyung that he was going somewhere but he hasn't come back since.] A soft voice answered. You assumed it was Donghyuk's.

[We tried texting him and calling him but he wouldn't answer his phone.] Yunhyeong added.

You ran your fingers through your hair as you pace back and forth. Jinhwan isn't the type of person who would just disappear without a word. Something must've happened.

"Have you tried contacting her?"

And by her, you mean Haerin. Jinhwan's good-for-nothing girlfriend. You didn't like mentioning her name, heck, you didn't like every bit of her. She acts all sweet and innocent in front of Jinhwan but she's a total behind closed doors. Everybody knows, except Jinhwan, of course. He's blinded by love.

[That girl doesn't even give a damn!] Bobby shouted in the background and you could hear Yunhyeong and Junhoe trying to calm him down.

[Haerin noona hasn't heard from Jinhwan hyung either.] Donghyuk said.

[We're really worried, noona. What do we do?]

You were getting worried too but you were trying your best not to panic.

"I'm sure you guys are all tired from the training so just rest, okay? We all know Jinhwan, he wouldn't do something stupid. He's okay. Don't worry. Just... just stay put. Okay?"

There was silence on other line and you could imagine the boys eyeing each other.

"Noona will handle everything. Okay?" You reassured them. This time, they all answered. "I will let you guys know right away if I find him." You said before hanging up.

You grabbed your purse and your jacket and quickly got out of the house. You didn't care how late it was or if you had a pile of homework to do. Your bestfriend needed you and you were going to find him, no matter what.

You thought of all the places he could have gone to as you run through the silent, murky streets of Seoul.

You went to the park where you and Jinhwan first met but he wasn't there. You tried going to all the nearby 24 hour restaurants but you found no Jinhwan. You ran and you ran until you were out of breath.

Think, Y/N. Think. Think harder. You're his bestfriend, aren't you? You scolded yourself.

You zoned out for a while until a lightbulb went off in your head. You hailed a cab and immediately told the driver where to go. He gave you a weird look but soon sped off.
 


The smell of the salty ocean water and the sound of waves crashing against the shore welcomed you. You walked aimlessly along the empty beach, feeling more desperate with every step. God knows how long you have been looking for him and you were so close to giving up.

As luck would have it, you finally saw a familiar figure sitting on the sand. A small smile of relief formed on your lips.

"YA, KIM JINHWAN!"

Jinhwan recognized your voice and turned his head. "Y/N? What are you-" His words were cut off when you knelt down and pulled him into a tight hug. "I'm glad you're safe." You mumbled.

"Mhm." Jinhwan rested his head on your shoulder and for some reason, you started rubbing his back. You two stayed in that position for awhile until he decided to break the silence.

"I'm sorry, Y/N.. I should've listened to you."

"What are you talking about?" You sat down beside him. The moon illuminated the beach which allowed you to see his face clearly. His eyes were red and puffy and it looked like he had been crying.

"It's Haerin. She.. she cheated on me."

Your eyes widened in shock but you remained silent. A part of you was already expecting this. Haerin was bad news and you knew she was just going to hurt Jinhwan but you didn't do anything. How could you? She was his happiness.

"I went to her apartment this morning to surprise her, but I got surprised instead." He laughed bitterly.

"I caught her kissing another guy. I saw them with my own two eyes, Y/N and she even tried to deny it. Can you believe that?"

Seeing how hurt and vulnerable Jinhwan was, also broke your heart. But it also angered you that Haerin was the reason why. You were mad at her of course, but more mad at yourself. I shouldn't have let her take you from me.

"I'm so pathetic.." Jinhwan lowered his head, trying to hide the tears that were threatening to fall again.

"Ya," you grabbed his shoulders and turned him to face you.

"You're not pathetic, okay? If anyone's pathetic, it's Haerin."When will you notice me? "In fact, i think she's stupid for taking you for granted." Because I never would have done anything to hurt you, "You're the sweetest and kindest guy I know, Jinhwan." I love you, "You deserve better than this."

You placed your hand on his cheek and gently brushed away his tears with your thumb. "Ya, uljima~"

Jinhwan nodded and gave you a weak smile. All of sudden, your body moved on its own, planting a kiss on his forehead. He flinched at the sudden contact while you mentally slapped yourself when you realized what you had done. Y/N, you pabo! What the heck was that?

You stood up, your cheeks flushed red. "We should go back now. The boys are worried sick of you."

Jinhwan let out a sigh and stood up as well. He slung his arm around your shoulder as you two walk along the shore. "Y/N-ah, gomawo.." He said, barely audible but you felt the sincerity in his voice.

"You know I'm always here for you, Jinhwan-ah. Always."

 

 


 

Annyeong~ I'm back! I'm alive. Lol.

I'm so sorry it took a long time for me to update.

I had the worst writer's block ever and I'm not even satisfied with this one.

Jeongmal mianhae TT3TT

Also, I want to thank all of my readers and subscribers for staying with me til this day!

I hope you continue to support my scenarios, even if I as an author.

Kamsahamnida! Saranghae! (◕‿◕✿)