Sort of A Reunion

That Summer

[A/N: Unedited T^T]

 

Kyuhyun tried to drag himself out of the bed. He ended up sleeping again in his parents’ room.

“Such a baby. Tch.” His subconscious blatantly said.

He wished that the building headache would just go away and also… the image of a young boy that kept on popping wherever he went. He swore he didn’t know the boy. But the boy’s face looked familiar. The almond-shaped eyes, the raven hair, the chubby cheeks and even his small hands looked really familiar to him.

“You are an idiot Cho Kyuhyun. You know him. Why are you denying it?!”

Kyuhyun ran his hands exasperatedly through his hair. “Shut up. I don’t know what you are talking about.”

“He’s right there, in front of you. He’s staring at you as if you are not at fault. That poor boy.”

“I DID NOT KILL HIM!”

“Kyu? What’s wrong?” The raven-haired boy asked.

“Go away. You are not real! Go away! Let me be in peace!”

“I am doing nothing Kyu. What’s wrong? Hey? Looks like you’ve seen a ghost…”

Kyuhyun looked as if he was punched in the gut. He scoffed at the boy who kept on pestering him Like seriously, the point is the boy himself is a ghost…

“He didn’t know he was already dead. Tch. Cho Kyuhyun, tell him that he’s dead. Don’t be more merciless than you seem now.”

Kyuhyun staggered as he made his way towards the door. He made his way downstairs. His sense of smell was assaulted by smell of apples.

“Another way to remind you of him huh? Genius.”

“If only I don’t have this kind of subsconcious…” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and dove in the sofa.

“You never changed you know. You still do that.” The ghost said.

“You don’t exist you know.” Kyuhyun retorted.

“How were the others? I haven’t seen them since you don’t go out Kyu.” The ghost sat beside Kyuhyun and crossed his legs. “I want to see them.”

“Why don’t you go to them and stop bothering me?” Kyuhyun asked irritatedly.

“I can’t leave you alone Kyu.”

“Jongwoon hyung please…” Kyuhyun’s voice sounded hoarse, as if he’s about to cry.

“I can’t leave you Kyuhyun… I’ll always end up by your side no matter what.”

-xx-

“Kyuhyun-ah? Heading outside?”

Kyuhyun stopped on his tracks and just spared a look to his mother.

“You look pale. Is my baby sick? Maybe you should…”

Kyuhyun cut off his mother, “Drop it eomma. It’s you who said that I should go out for a bit. I am okay. I am not a baby anymore.”

“But KyuKyu---“

And she was answered by a slam of the door.

Today was hotter than the previous days. Beads of sweat formed on Kyuhyun’s forehead. Summer heat was on the mood to around and make people outside their homes suffer the scorching heat. And it’s hard when the weather is on PMS.

[A/N: I just feel so fxcking annoyed. It’s so hot in here. T^T Okay, excuse me. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ]

“Kyuhyun? Cho Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun spun around and saw who called him. The boy was petite with a mop of faded blonde hair. He must have dyed it. The boy ran towards him. Kyuhyun was sure he knew the boy, he can’t just pinpoint which name was his. Is he Donghae? Is he Hyukjae? Is he Ryeowook?

“You must have forgotten me. You looked like you didn’t recognize me. How bad.” The boy with faded blonde hair pouted, giving him more off a childish aura.

“Uhmmm. Errr. Sorry?” Kyuhyun tried to sound apologetic but his voice sounded bored.

“I was only kidding silly. I am Sungmin. Lee Sungmin. I am Donghae’s cousin. We were friends, remember?”

“I honestly only remember Hyukjae. Since he just lives next door. I am bad with names.”

Kyuhyun was not sure what expressions crossed Sungmin’s face.

“It’s alright. You’ve been away for years. Come on, follow me.”

The faded blonde boy grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and dragged him along. Sungmin would occasionally points at houses, telling who lives there, perhaps helping him to remember things that faded a bit as he was away from his hometown for a long time.

“Sungmin-ah! Where are you going??” A boy with chocolate brown hair peeped through the window. “Eomma said that you forgot to--- Wait a sec! I’ll go down!”

Sungmin stood by the gate and he was greeted with a slap on his by the chocolate brown-haired boy. The boy snickered as Sungmin threw dagger looks at him. Then the boy looked at Kyuhyun. He walked around Kyuhyun. Then he poked both Kyuhyun’s cheeks. He even pinched them. And the boy bounced like a kid and smiled brightly at Kyuhyun.

“Uhmmm. Sungmin…”

“You know, you are being rude.” Sungmin chided and pulled the boy by his ear. “He’s not an alien.”

The boy stopped bouncing and looked like he was a kicked puppy.

“How can you have such friends Cho? They still look so fxcking cute though they’ve grown up. What about you?” Kyuhyun’s subconscious commented, not missing any lace of snark to it.

“I am cute too. You just can’t see it.” Kyuhyun whispered.

“Only in the eyes of your mother Cho that you look so adorable. You look disgustingly cute to me though.”

“Uhmm Kyuhyun? Are you alright?” Sungmin asked.
 

“Oh… Oh yes. I am alright. Uhmm Sungmin?”

“I just introduced Donghae to you. You were spacing out earlier.”

“He’s Donghae?”

The chocolate brown-haired boy answered, “Yes I am Donghae. If you are going to apologize because you can’t remember who I am, apology accepted. And I can’t believe that you are Kyuhyun. Never imagined you would be this handsome.” Donghae elbowed Sungmin who intentionally stepped on his feet in return.

“Cho handsome?! Handsome my .”

“Uhmm.. Is Sungmin blushing?”

“What a proper question to ask Cho. Don’t state the obvious genius.”

“I am not!” Sungmin blurted and averted his gaze. “It’s just the weather. It’s too hot. Aigoo~~”

Donghae laughed as Sungmin started to fan himself using his hands.

“It thought we’re going somewhere Sungmin.” Kyuhyun asked again.

“Ooooooooh. Somewhere?” Donghae said in a sing-song voice and grinned mischievously.

“Shut up Donghaek.” Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun. “Oh yes. And this idiot will come with us. But we need to go to the other way.”

“Why is that way a dead-end?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“You don’t want to pass by that house Kyuhyun-ah.” Donghae answered nervously.

Sungmin dragged the two of them and continued walking to their destination.

“That way! It’s where I live Kyu! Let’s go there please?” The raiven haired-boy tugged at his shirt. “I want to see Heebongie and Taengoo~~”

Kyuhyun stopped dead on his tracks and stared wide-eyed at Jongwoon. “Just go there and leave me alone hyung.”

“I told you I can’t. I need to go there with you Kyu.” Jongwoon answered.

“Why me?”

“Sungmin dyed his hair. He still looks like a bunny.” Jongwoon giggled. “And Donghae. Aigoo~~ My little one. My baby fish. Isn’t he still adorable?” And his small hand slightly brushed at Donghae’s arm.

Donghae shivered. “Felt like someone touched me. Sungmin?”

“Heck no. I am walking ahead of you.”

“Creepy! But the weather’s burning hot! It felt cold for a sec! Ghosts are real Min!” And Donghae clung to Sungmin like a koala.

“They can’t see you hyung…” Kyuhyun muttered.

“They can’t see me? But why?” Jongwoon looked at Kyuhyun, like a child lost in a middle of the crowd.

Kyuhyun watched Donghae and Sungmin bicker. He suddenly remembered when the two fought over a bunny plushie. Donghae claiming that the bunny plushie was cute so he wants it, and Sungmin was really in rage. Bunnies are Sungmin’s and no one can object to that.  And in the end, Donghae only wants to get Hyukjae’s attention so he thought of getting Sungmin’s bunny and make Hyujkae jealous. Nonsense, but it’s funny, Kyuhyun thought.

“What the hell is he doing here?”

Everyone spun around to where the voice came from. Kyuhyun stood frozen on his spot. Sungmin just stayed quiet and stopped pushing Donghae away from him. Donghae felt the tension and stayed clutching on Sungmin’s arm.

“I asked a question and you just stared at me like that…” The guy walked closer to the three. He was glaring at Kyuhyun, if looks can kill, Kyuhyun would be like a fish out water, clinging for his dear life at the moment. The guy has smaller build than Kyuhyun but he suddenly grabbed the other by his collar. Sungmin and Donghae were stunned and they were unable to move.

“You shouldn’t have come back here Cho.” The smaller guy muttered through gritted teeth.

“Ah… it’s not how you greet a person whom we haven’t met for years…” Sungmin said nervously. “Come on---“

But Sungmin wasn’t able to continue what he was going to say.

“Sort of a reunion… Sort of…” Donghae’s voice trailed off.

“How can this be a reunion if someone appears like he wants the life out of Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae popped out of nowhere and immediately pulled Donghae away from Sungmin.

“What’s happening?” Jongwoon looked more confused. “Hyukjae… care to explain?”

But it seems Hyukjae can’t also see Jongwoon.

“Stop it now Ryeowook. It’s not good to ruin other people’s shirt.” Hyukjae said.

The guy, whose name was Ryeowook, roughly pushed Kyuhyun to the ground. “And it’s worse to ruin other people’s lives.”

“It’s not his fault Ryeowook-ah. It’s…” Sungmin tried to defend Kyuhyun but he lost his conviction, his voice sounded so small.

“You killed Jongwoon hyung. Now, Jongwoon hyung’s dead! It’s all because of you Cho Kyuhyun!” Ryeowook shouted angrily.

“I am dead?” Jongwoon slumped into the ground, looking straight into Kyuhyun’s eyes. “How can that be… Kyuhyunie…”