Final.

Silence

Jongdae likes to watch Joonmyun sleep. He likes to trace his features with feather like touches, feeling the warmth of his skin under his cool fingertips. He likes the way Joonmyun's lips part when releasing a small snore of sigh when he sleeps. The way his eyebrows furrow when he's dreaming.

 

Jongdae wonders if Joonmyun is dreaming of him.

 

When Joonmyun stirs slightly, Jongdae's hand retreats back to his side and his eyes shut, face relaxing. Joonmyun thinks he's asleep. So it's Joonmyun's turn to stare at Jongdae. Tracing his features, his fingertips brushing the skin softly, making Jongdae shiver. Joonmyun stops, a small smile spreading onto his lips. “I know you're awake.” Jongdae opens his eyes, a pout on his lips. He doesn't talk because he likes how still everything is, how the only sound in the room is their breathing and beating hearts. Joonmyun understands this, so he leans in closer, forehead against the younger. His hands entwine with Jongdae's, warmth flowing from him to Jongdae.

 

They both close their eyes, not sure what to say anyway. They relish in each other's company. Jongdae's lips part slightly, a breath leaves him but not words come out. He closes his mouth. Joonmyun look at him, eyebrow raised, but he knows Jongdae so he doesn't say anything.

 

Jongdae removes his hands from Joonmyun's, he lifts them up to where Joonmyun can see.

 

I love you.”

 

He signs, a small smile on his lips.

 

Joonmyun understands.

 

I love you too.” Joonmyun's voice is small and the lisp is audible but Jongdae likes how he sounds, it's cute. Jongdae wants to tell him everything on his mind but he can't because his voice can't be heard.

 

He wants to tell Joonmyun, how much he loves him, how much he means to him, how he loves the way Joonmyun's hand fits in his. The younger's face twists into that of angst. “Shh.” Joonmyun whispers, hand coming up to cup Jongdae's face. His thumb moves across Jongdae's cheek soothingly. He understands. He always understands. “I know.” He simply says. Because he does, he knows everything about Jongdae from the toes to the ends of his hair. He knows what he wants to say and what he doesn't want to say. Jongdae shakes his head because he doesn't think Joonmyun really understands. He starts to try and sign but Joonmyun captures his wrists and presses his lips to Jongdae's.

 

I understand.” Joonmyun firmly responds.

 

And maybe Joonmyun doesn't know everything about Jongdae but he knows just about everything. He can tell what the other wants to say just by how Jongdae's lips quirk up and how his eyebrows furrow. How his eyes were sparkle or dull. Joonmyun doesn't need to words to understand, not that he could hear them anyway. Jongdae doesn't need to speak because Joonmyun knows him all too well.

 

Jongdae is the first to fall back asleep.

 

Joonmyun likes to watch Jongdae sleep. He loves how his chest rises up and down, how his lips will turn into thin lines when he's dreaming, how Jongdae clings to him when he's asleep. He loves the way Jongdae's heart beats, he can't hear it but he can feel it. He loves the way it races when Joonmyun plants a chastise kiss on Jongdae's lips.

 

I know you're not asleep, Jongdae.”