Thank You

WHITE


"Kids... remember, always put jacket at night.. don't eat late and don't swim too far in the lake, araso?" Jinwoo's mother start nagging while giving them jacket one by one and kiss their forehead


"Araso mom, it's school trip anyway.. teachers even won't allow us to get out from our tent until the trip is over"


"I think that's brilliant" Jinwoo mom seems excited


"I'm just kidding mom...." Jinwoo laughs


"Ya... " she pat Jinwoo's head and drive them to school. While driving Jinwoo's mom looking at Mino's figure from the rear view mirror, she sigh in silence because she knew Mino looks very sad, it's been six month after the tragedy but Mino never really comeback as a happy boy again, and it hurts her.. she loves Mino just the way she loves Jinwoo, because Mino is the only friend that Jinwoo have and trust, seeing him like that burdened her heart.


"Mino...." She call gently


"Yes Omoni?" Mino answer while still looking outside the window


"Please enjoy the trip, it's you, Jinwoo and your classmates last moment to enjoy vacation together.. maybe you won't experience this again in the future... don't waste this moment okay?" she begged


"I will Omoni.. thanks for remind me"


Jinwoo who's looking at the opposite of the window closed his eyes and pray that Mino will be a happy person in the future, because he can never be happy if Mino also unhappy, he care about Mino so much. The moment Mino and his family moved beside his house is one of the most important moment in his life. He never had anyone in his life other than his parents, he's the only kid in family and his family is super rich, he has lack to find loyal friend to be with because he's different. He's a boy with a fragile character, never talk to everybody. Lot of his friend said that he's weird and conceited but the reality is he has no confidence to start a conversation with any of his friend until Mino come, he's friendly and he always laugh at him and makes Jinwoo believe that he is also a normal person. Mino is the person who makes him get his confidence.


The other unforgettable moment happened when Jinwoo invited Mino into his 10th birthday party, no one attend his party. It is very sad but Jinwoo finally realize that his parents, the maids and Mino are the only people who care about him and for him that's like the best gift he ever had, specially after Jinwoo blow his candles, Mino suddenly hug him and it makes Jinwoo face reddened. The picture is still on Jinwoo's  wallet, he looks like a clown that day because of Jinwoo skin is so white, the blush looks so clear in his cheek and beside him Mino pointing at his cheek and laughing out loud. But it was long ago, after they busy with school activity the really have rare moment playing together, Mino even has some new friends and start ignoring him, Jinwoo feel so sad but even Mino treat him like that Jinwoo knows that Mino will always there for him, every time he has trouble at school Mino unpredictability show up and save him. That also make Jinwoo believe that Mino will never leave him even though they were apart.


"Jinwoo...."


"Yes Mom?"


"Take care of Mino, arraso.."


"Ye-"


"I'm okay Omoni, I think you worry too much"


"No you're not okay Mino, i I understand that you're lost but it's doesn't mean you screw your normal life, I ask Jinwoo to take care of you because I know, he's the only one can talk to you.. I'm doing it because I'm worry and I love you...."


"Mom... it's ok-" Jinwoo try to interrupted 


"And I think it's okay for you to call me mom since we already adopted you, but it's up to you when will you call me by that name....I think it's better when you ready" she keeps driving well


"I'll think about it Omoni .." Mino answered genuine 


"Good boy"


Silence for a moment


"Thank you Omoni for everything" Said Mino again


It makes Jinwoo's mom nodded quickly and tears almost flow from her eyes, Jinwoo in the other side smiling happy for that sweet moment.

 


The school trip of senior class were held in a place not far from the city, it's a beautiful place near the mountain and lake. Along the journey, as usual Jinwoo make a distance between him and Mino, not because he don't want to but he knows Mino won't feel comfortable to be with him,it doesn't matter for Jinwoo as long he can keep watching Mino from afar he will be okay. The journey quiet fun, all of them singing various song on the bus,even awkward Jinwoo almost singing out loud because of the happiness that they share together, but still Mino never turn his head just to see what kind of ruckus happened on the bus. Mino is a popular student before his parents death, he has a lot of girlfriend and he has gang which is a bunch of hot and cool guy, everything they did on the school will attract people attention specially the faculty, they're just like idol. But now, Mino's character changed, he stop talking with his friends and his grades falling down, he become skinny and somehow makes him looks ugly. People stop looking at him and his friends give up, so now he become a loner student who always wish he can graduate as soon as possible so he can start his new life.


Some of the student give up singing cheerfully because of tired but other still doing something fun until suddenly a beautiful voice come out...


"Ya.. Jinwoo, since this is our last moment before we all graduate, there's something I want to ask to you" ask a bubbly girl who sit across his seat, her name is Jisoo and she's the most beautiful girl on their class. Since she's the famous one, all students on the bus become quite and put their attention to them. Mino who's sitting in front of Jinwoo close his eyes carefully, he knew something going to happen after this. He spoke in his head wishing that Jinwoo don't act stupid or telling nonsense.


"Sure, what is it?" Jinwoo react happily


"But don't get angry to me okay?" she cutely


"Sure..." Jinwoo keep smiling 


"Uhhmm... why you never had a girlfriend? we don't even know who's the girl you liked?" Jisoo ask innocently but all students knows what Jisoo means and they smirking at each other


Jinwoo almost got heart attack hearing Jisoo's question, he's not ready for this.. why? why she ask something like this? 


"I... I... I just not ready or... I can't find any girl who fits with my personality, ahh...you guys know me better" Jinwoo reply, but he grasping his hand tightly.. he's nervous


But Jisoo keep thinking another question while giving glances to all her classmates, Mino still closed his eyes in anger


"Can't find any girl? hmmm is it possible maybe you're not interest to a female? maybe?" she then bite her lips trying to hold her laugh


Jinwoo realize that he just trapped by his own classmates, he want to angry but he thinks it's not a good decision since this is their important moment, he doesn't want his friends will remember him in a bad moment. He shut his eyes and opened it again


"I think people shouldn't intervene other people privacy unless they have a sincere relationship to share some opinion or questions, in my opinion you aren't one of them who I can share about my privacy, but thanks for asking questions.. I'm amazed about your kindness for use your precious time to talk with me for the first time.... well since we know each other three years ago" 


Suddenly all the students on the bus start burst into laugh, Mino just smirk and looks proud of Jinwoo. Jisoo looks so desperate but she doesn't stop there because she don't get what truly she wants. She start saying something


"Just tell me that you're gay Jinwoo" Jissoo keen eyes lock Jinwoo's eyes like no mercy. Jinwoo feels like her heart already broke into pieces, this is not what he wants.. this not supposed to be like this. All the student gasps, Jisoo smirking endlessly but Jinwoo don't want to give anything to Jissoo, she's nobody to him but suddenly....


"He just told you that no one can fits his personality that is including you, so stop seducing him, you're not his type" Mino start to get up from his seat and pointing at Jisoo, after that he turn his head to Jinwoo "Don't let her seduce you, I believe you smart enough to indicate her character" Mino then back to his seat and looking outside again like there's nothing happen.


All of them burst into laugh again because Jissoo face reddened, she looks so angry and she cover her eyes with her palms, not knowing that something important happened between Jinwoo and Mino, the moment Jinwoo and Mino realize that they have mutual understanding. The atmosphere back to normal again, everybody start to laugh again because some of them throwing some gags and the other keep singing along the journey. While Mino start looking outside the window, Jinwoo start writing his notes "Thank you" and promise to give him the notes.

 

All the students already prepare their tents, teachers and some of class leader already give instructions to them to take rest. Jinwoo about to use his sleeping bag until he realize that he forgot to give the notes to Mino. Jinwoo won't let this night ended before he give that note to Mino, he knew its important and Mino might be waiting for it. 


Every kids have their own tent, they use one tent for each so there's a loot of small tents gathered near the lakes, but Jinwoo know where's Mino tent so he go right away wishing Mino still wakes up, he can act talking usual but then he will put the notes inside the tent.


"Jinwoo.. where are you going? go back to sleep" some of teacher spot him walking 


"Just a minute mam, I want to ask something from Mino" He said while walking away


"Then Hurry up, we should get up early tommorow" the teacher remind him


"Yes mam..." Jinwoo fasten his step until he found Mino's tent, but it seems Mino already sleep 


"Minooo..." Jinwoo called

 

No answer


"Minooo....??"


Still no answers


"Mino yaaa..."


Jinwoo heard gentle cries, he panicked and opened Minos tent in a hurry


"Mino... Are you okay? Mino??" Jinwoo approach Mino who's sleeping, he just had bad dream. Jinwoo Shake Minos shoulder to wake him up


"Mmmmhhh.... What are you doing Jinwoo?" Mino is very shock, he looks embarrassed because he got tears in his eyes.. "I'm so sleepy.. leave me?"


"You have nightmares Mino" Mino checking on him again 


"What? no I'm not" he lied


"Don't lie Mino, why you never admitted about this? that you always had a bad dream?"


"Go sleep Jinwoo, and what the hell are you doing here? you supposed to be at your tent"


"I want to accompany you, you have bad dreams... I'm worried" Jinwoo star sitting beside Mino

"Get off Jinwoo" he push Jinwoo's shoulder away


"But I have to take care of you" Jinwoo back to his position nonchalantly 


"Stop your nonsense Jinwoo, i hated it when you say that.. just leave me alone I'm fine"


"Why Mino? why you hate me saying that I care for you? what is wrong with that?" he protested


"Go back to your tent and help me sleep okay, people will curious about your presence here in my tent"


"Why? there's nothing between us, why you so afraid? what's the point whispering like this while in other tent people talking normal even louder than us" Jinwoo voice getting bigger but Mino's eyes bulging and hold Jinwoo's arm tightly and makes Jinwoo hurts


"What do you want Jinwoo?"


"I Just want to give you this" Jiwoo throw the notes into Minos lap and start to let of Mino's hand from his arm and about to leave the tent, Mino read the little notes and suddenly feel guilty, while Jinwoo start to leave the tent Mino then grab his palm and took him beside him again and hug him, Jinwoo's eyes bulging, his heart about to explode.. what is this? he said into his head, Jinwoo almost loosen his breath...


"Mi.. no..yaaa...."


"I'm sorry....." It's like Mino already crying, he can felt his tears on his shoulder


"Are you okay?" ask Jinwoo 

 

"You're nice to me, only you who care about me.... I'm sorry I did bad things to you"


"Mino ya... it's okay, don't worry... I'll always be here for you" Jinwoo the put his arms around Mino and also hug him tight, well the atmosphere quite heartwarming until the tent is opened, revealed Jisoo and his gang member also with another boys... they're all look satisfy with what they're looking 

 

"Oopppsssss.... busted!" 

 


To be continued