The Reason Why

Target

"Who are you?"

"Your new bodyguard."

"Your name?"

"Choi Sooyoung."

"Are you going to answer all of my questions shortly?"

"Yes."

 

That was how our conversation when the first time I met her. When HQ asked to finish off the heiress of one of the biggest weapons company, I expected her to be well-known to her father's company, but she wasn't. She knew of her father's business but she didn't know the schemes that her father was doing and she didn't want to know.

 

"He can do whatever he wants. I want nothing to do with his business. My brothers can handle it."

"Your brothers is stupid. They know nothing about business.

"True, but I don't want to deal with it."

 

My mission was to kill her. HQ never tells me the details and I don't need to know. Whatever profile they gave me, I finished off the target in one week's time but this time..it's different. Im Yoona is not your typical heiress. She is sweet, loving, and caring. She wants to become a teacher. I saw how she interact with kids when she have her free time. Little kids adores her. We were walking around a park and she saw a little girl crying. She ran up to her and start comforting her.

 

"What's wrong, sweetie?" The little girl looked up. Her eyes was red and teary from crying.

"I -sniff- dropped -sniff- my i-ice..cream.." We both looked next to her and saw a strawberry ice cream on the floor.

"Oh, how about this nice lady go buy you another one?" She pointed at me and I gave her a weird look.

"She's a girl? She -sniff- don't look like it.." My short tomboyish hair threw her off with the bodyguard suit. I went down to eye level to the little girl and I smiled at her.

"You want strawberry?" She nodded after I asked her. I got back up, looked around and found an ice cream stall. I looked at Yoona.

"Stay here." I ran off and went to go get the ice cream. I paid the lady and went back to the same spot where I left Yoona and the girl. I then saw fear in Yoona's eyes. The little girl was standing behind Yoona. I ran to the guy and shoved him around.

 

"What the--" I punched him squared in the nose and he stumbled backwards. The strawberry ice cream cone broke the impact but his nose was still bleeding.

Great, now I have to go buy another one for the little girl..

"You better leave before I kill you.." I glared at him until he was out of sight. I turned back to the girls and Yoona looked at me shocked. The little girl on the other hand was sad that her ice cream once again was wasted. I pulled Yoona's arm to follow me to the stall and she did the same to girl. I bought both of them ice cream. The little girl saw some of her friends and left.

 

"Thank you..that guy was being a jerk.."

"Did he hurt you?"

"No; just said some rude things.." She was still eating her ice cream and she had a little smudge on her lips. I took a hold of her chin to wipe off some of the smudge. She was looking at me. At that moment, I didn't know what came over me but I slowly lean closer to her and kiss the remaining ice cream off. It was the sweetest kiss and it wasn't from the ice cream.

"You couldn't have just told me that I had ice cream on my lips..or just ask to kiss me.." I blushed for the first time in a long time. She smiled.

"Can I kiss you again?" This time she leaned onto me and gave me another sweet kiss.

 

Someone was watching us but I didn't pay much attention to it. Now I regret it because I risked her life.