Fell for the Target

Target

"Why?"

"Because I fell in love."

 

I was staring at the person that I used to live with, happy with and used to be in love with. Her face was full of disbelief, jealousy but to make it worse is the anger that is radiating from her body. The gun in her hand doesn't make it any better. I was also trying to pay attention to the person behind me. I glanced at her and saw fear. She was staring at me and I knew we need to get out of here. Her long brunette hair covered her face from the sweat when we tried to run away from the one who is helding me at gun point.

 

"You're not suppose to fall in love with the target! You're only suppose accomplish the mission of what HQ tells you!" She turned the gun at the my target.

"I can't help what my heart feels. HQ can do whatever they want..I quit."

"Soo, do you hear what you are saying?! What about your sister? and me? What about me, Soo? Don't you care?" Gun back to me..

"I..."

 

I'm looking at the love of my life and back to the gun. I didn't know what to do and what to think.

 

"Soo..please..just listen to her. I don't want you to get hurt.."

"SHUT UP! You are in NO position talk right now..Sooyoung, we can fix this..just kill her and apologized to HQ. You're the best they have. I'm sure they will forgive you."

"No."

"You're willing to risk your life for her? A spoiled brat who got everythign handed to her with a silver spoon?"

"You don't know her.." She scoffed.

" & you do? You know her for one week! How could you--"

"I know that I love her. Isn't that enough?"

 

She walked closer to me. I stood still while the gun barrel slowly became more clear in my view. She is now three feet away from me with her finger holding the trigger, aiming the gun at my heart. The love of my life held on to my back tighter. I wanted to hold her and tell her not to be scared but the gun in front of us is dangerously close right now.

 

"You promise me, Sooyoungie.."

"Some promises are meant to be broken..You should know that.." I could see in her eyes that tears are trying to escape but knowing her, she would held it in.

"So all you said in the past is fake? You didn't mean it?" Her anger is slowly resurfacing.

"No..I just fell out of love with you...I'm sorry..please forgive me.." I tried to find a soft spot from her but none. She was in assasain mode. She laughed but you can tell her voice was cracking up.

"Forgive you? Even if I did, HQ wouldn't. You can't hide forever, Soo."

"I can try.." She looked at me more intensely. She lowered her gun after a few minutes of silence. She put her head down.

"Just...go.."

 

I never thought my next steps would be my last and I didn't know my last image was her eyes b with tears.