two.

Damned if I do ya (Damned if I don't)

Jessica slammed the car door shut. It was one heck of a night and all she wanted was to crawl into her bed and sleep. 

"Now there's one happy boss, even if I barely tried." Yoona walked over to her and pocketed her phone, "That woman from earlier, do you know her?"

"I really did love you. And I have missed you."

Jessica shook the thought off and tried hard to sound nonchalant, "Nope. I have no idea."

"I swear it was like a scene from a drama." Yoona mused, shaking her head, "Go on up, I'll see you tomorrow."

Jessica smiled when she felt a soft kiss pressed to her cheek, "Good night."

"Night, Sica."


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"WHAT?!"

Jessica threw a chip at each of her roommates' faces.

"This is all your fault." She whined, "How can you not tell me the supposed date is a guy? And shh, please? It's still a bit early."

"My bad..?" Hyoyeon answered, looking not even the slightest bit guilty.

"Hey, at least we had a heart to tell you." Sooyoung picked up the chip on her lap and popped it into .

"Whatever. Just promise me, you won't tell Yoona anything."

The duo just shrugged. "What about your ex?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I don't know, hope that I won't see her ever again..?" 

Suddenly, the phone on the couch vibrated. Jessica picked up absentmindedly and put the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" 

"Hello Miss Kim?" The voice on the other line sounded frantic, "We had a little accident on the site."

"I'm sorry, but I think you had the wrong number."

"Is this not Kim Taeyeon's number?"

Dang. I must've taken the wrong phone. So much for not seeing her again.

"It is. I'm sorry but I think our phones got switched. Hang on, let me give you my number."


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Arms and legs crossed on the floor, Taeyeon stared at the phone sitting on the table and silently wished that the phone's owner would call.

"Still don't know it's not your phone you're holding?"

She sighed and got up, dragging her feet to the kitchen toget herself a drink. 

Jessica Jung. It's been years but I still haven't liked anyone as much as I liked you. I still don't know the reason why we broke up.

The sound of the phone ringing roused her from her thoughts and she ran to pick up the phone, barely stopping herself from slipping.

"Hello?"

"Boss!"

"Changsub?" She couldn't stop herself from being disappointed, "Is there something wrong?"

"We had a little accident boss, we're in a hospital right now. I'll explain when you get here."

"I'll be right there."


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


"Thankfully your hand just got sprained, not broken." Taeyeon heaved a sigh of relief and went into boss mode again, "Be careful next time, alright? And take at least a week off, prepare to be fired if you go to work a day earlier than that. Got it?" The injured employee can only nod in nervousness.

"Changsub, can you take him home?"

"Yes, boss."

The phone rang and Taeyeon took her sweet time walking towards the hospital exit.

"Hello?" She cracked a smile at her attempt to play cool.

"Hello."

"I need to have my phone back, can we meet up?"

"I'm pretty busy right now." Jessica sounded apologetic, "I'll just give my number when someone calls you, okay? Bye." 

"Bye."

Taeyeon sighed and stared at the phone's screen. The phone's wallpaper,Jessica and Yoona locked in an embrace.

She can't help but roll her eyes, though it didn't stop her from scanning through Jessica's phone.

Pictures, pictures and more pictures of Jessica and Yoona looking all lovey-dovey.

Her thumb hovered the delete button for a while but stops herself when she gets a text that read:

"Pay rent this week or I'll kick you out personally." 

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

A/N : Would you prefer short but fast updates or long but slow updates?