{FINAL}

What They Don't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are times where Jongin wakes up from his deep slumber to the wonderful aroma of pancakes and hot chocolate. There are times where Jongin wakes up to his boyfriend’s adorable face in front of him, sleeping peacefully, and there are times where Jongin wakes up to a chaste kiss on his lips. But those times are limited.

When either of them are promoting, those times just seem to disappear. Sometimes he wakes up to see Kyungsoo, face pale with dark eye bags. Sometimes he wakes up with an empty stomach with no fresh aroma of cooking breakfast filling the room. Sometimes, he wakes up alone.

But these days, there’s nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary that gets them to wake up at the crack of dawn and only arrive home in the dead of night. Jongin is able to sleep peacefully with his arms circled around Kyungsoo’s waist every night and wake up with Kyungsoo pleasantly fussing over him.

 Today is no different.

Faint birds chirping can be heard over the honking of cars and loud chattering of street-sellers. Jongin is lying in bed, eyes closed when he feels shifting in his arms and he slowly creaks his eyes open to see Kyungsoo attempting to climb out of bed. He chuckles to himself and turns Kyungsoo around so that they’re facing each other. The warm sunlight reflects off Kyungsoo’s face, creating a soft golden glow. According to Jongin, Kyungsoo always had that certain angelic glow.

Jongin and Kyungsoo didn’t have the best beginning with Jongin being absolutely terrified of Kyungsoo when they first met. He didn’t know why, maybe it was the large, owl-like eyes that older posses or the way she smirked when Baekhyun embarrassed himself. But somewhere along the way, then began to get closer and closer until Kyungsoo was one of Jongin’s closest friends, one of the closest out of EXO. Sehun liked to prod him about how they became close but never actually listened to Jongin’s explanations. Sehun was annoying like that.

 They were each other’s first love, the only love.

Staring into Kyungsoo’s eyes makes him think back to his trainee days and the things they had to do to keep the media from putting the pieces together and figure out they were a couple. Kyungsoo’s eyes always seem to portray something, whether it be an emotion or a story. Sometimes it just makes Jongin feel so loved and today Jongin seesan emotion that he knows all too well. Relief.

Kyungsoo is relieved to have a break from the paparazzi that take photos of him everywhere he goes, from the fans that cherish him like he’s their god, from the busy schedules where he’s bombarded with questions.  It’s not that he’s not grateful for his fans; it’s not that he doesn’t want to be an idol but sometimes he gets tired. Sometimes he just wants to lie in Jongin’s embrace instead of an empty bed. Sometimes he just wants to be normal again.

Kyungsoo wanders to the dorm kitchen and begins to cook breakfast for the members. He collects the eggs from the fridge and begins the process of frying them. The delicate eggs shells are something he tried to keep as whole as possible. Kyungsoo has some things he likes to do, with absolutely no reason at all except for the fact that it looks pretty.

Two arms that wrap around his waist makes him jump out of fright. But only for a second. The scent that he had become accustomed to drifted up his nose, making him relax into the hold of his lover. He misses moments like this, when it’s just him and Jongin.

The other members were either sleeping or had left for overseas holidays. He was worried for them, hoping that fans didn’t ambush them on their holidays. In the dorms were Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho, Xiumin and Chen. The Chinese members had left to visit China, plus the addition of Sehun who pleased with Luhan. Kris had only gone to China because Tao didn’t want to go alone.

 “Who will shower with me? Krisssssss~”

Kyungsoo can remember clearly Kris’s annoyed face as he allowed Tao to book his ticket to China.  They were indeed a cute couple just like every other couple hidden in EXO.

“Hey baby boo.”

Kyungsoo wants to melt at the sound of Jongin’s rich voice. There aren’t many times Jongin calls him sweet names because he’s wary of fans overhearing their conversations and  because they’re on broadcast most of the time , but when he does, the name feels much more special.

“Hey, I’m cooking breakfast. Do you want to help?”

“You know I can’t cook anything besides ramen without help. But if there’s anything else that you want me to do, just ask.” Jongin continues his ramble.

“Oh, I remember just how well you coped while I wasn’t here,” Kyungsoo teases. He remembers all too well the littering of fast foods and takeaway that welcomed him back to the dorm after he came back from filming his movie.  

Jongin huffs and begins to poke Kyungsoo in the ribs. “Hey! I don’t want to burn your food. Go wake up the others if you want to make yourself useful.”

Jongin sulks as he walks through the hallway to each of the separate rooms. He's soooo looking forward to waking up Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They would either be or kissing and Jongin didn’t want any of that. He stops in front of the couple’s door and bangs his fist on the door before walking right in. He might have been expecting the worse from Baekhyun and Chanyeol but his expectations are completely wrong…for today.

In the fluffy white bed are Chanyeol and Baekhyun sound asleep, with Chanyeol’s arms around Baekhyun’s waist. The usually loud and bickering couple are just in one of their bliss moments right now that Jongin couldn’t bring himself to wake them up, so he slips out of their room silently and heads down the hall towards Chen and Xiumin’s room.

This time he creaks the door open slowly just to make sure Chen and Xiumin are sleeping and not waiting for breakfast. Jongin smiles at the sight that lies before him. The room that’s perfectly clean, sheets that are pure white allow the sleeping couple to stand out. The blanket they covered themselves with the night before now lay at their hips, exposing Chen’s hand that wound around Xiumin’s waist.

He smiles and closes the door, walking towards Suho’s room that he usually shares with Lay. As he opens the door, he sees Suho dressed and about to leave.

“Oh hey Suho. Are you going somewhere?”

“Hey Jongin. Yeah, I’m meeting up with a childhood friend of mine at the café near here. I’ll be back in time for dinner I guess.”

“Oh..ok. Have a nice time then.” Jongin mumbles and leaves the room to find Kyungsoo. There he finds Kyungsoo setting the table, each plate already in front of chairs. He gently places a hand onto Kyungsoo’s tiny hand that’s about to grasp the chopsticks and pulls him closer.

“Suho’s heading out to meet a friend and the members are both sleeping peacefully. I couldn’t wake them up because they were just so peaceful and so comfortable in each other’s arm. Maybe we should just eat and do something else, leave the others to do their own thing. Just make sure flies don’t land on the food I guess?” Jongin mumbles.

Kyungsoo hums as he places a food cover over the food and takes Jongin’s hands again. “Alright, what do you want to do today Jongin?”

“I don’t know. It’s a free day so do you want to go out somewhere?”Jongin suggests, playing with Kyungsoo’s delicate fingers.

Kyungsoo glances out the window and shakes his head lightly. “It looks like it’s about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter