✖FAQ#2 ✖

✖ DIET•DIARY ✖ ( based on real life experiences )
 
FAQ#2
Question: "how to control yourself from not overeating?"
Answer:

I like this question bcs it's actually pretty challenging to me. ((btw sorry for the super late update. I just went through my national exams and now I'm finally free))

okay, so the first and most important key is DETERMINATION. 

You won't be able to lose weight if you don't have enough determination. I started my diet since the day my cousin laughed at my weight. I felt so bad and embarrassed. After that I was so determined to lose weight. I researched through a lot of sites on how to lose weight. I asked my friends. I exercised. I ate half the portion I used to eat. I ate more vegetables (I used to hate vegetables). I drank a lot of water. And I didn't eat after 7 pm. The point is, I had the DETERMINATION to lose weight. It's the first and most important key to control ourselves from overeating. Find your determination and it'll make your diet smoother!

the next key is WATER.

hungry? want some snacks? why don't you try drinking water and wait for 10 minutes. In my case, it really helps. When I was around my friends who were eating (I was on diet), I just held on my bottle of water and kept drinking every time I feel hungry or feel like I want to take my friends' food. It works for me. For you who have tried it and didn't work, maybe you lack determination or basically you're just too hungry (aka you haven't eaten anything. which is not good. eating is still important so don't skip meals)

The third key to control ourselves is DISTRACTION.

I think this is important in controlling yourself. Try to distract yourself by doing other activities. watching k-dramas, watching mvs, listening to music, make fanfiction, read fanfiction, play games, study, exercise, talk to people, chat, and 1938479183794187 other stuffs to do to distract yourself from the thought of eating. I usually rely on this. I distract myself by making fanfictions of just make some graphics. sometimes also by watching films or movies or television. You can combine the second and third key in controlling yourself; distracting your mind and drinking water the same time. e.g. I watch tv while drinking water. It distracts me from eating and by constantly drinking, my belly got so full. I usually do these stuffs every time I'm on a real/intense diet.

The next thing is prbbly in certain FRUITS

there are certain fruits that are good for your diet and makes you full. Bananas are usually the most recommended one, there's even the banana diet. Bananas are the right food in controlling yourself because it makes us full. So if you want to control yourself from eating too much, try and eat 1 or 2 bananas. some site recommends us to eat bananas in the morning. Other fruits such as watermelons, berries, strawberries, grape, avocado, and basically almost every food are good for diet too. I usually eat fruits when I'm hungry. Or just make a fruit juice. It's healthy and at least it doesn't give as much calories as chocolate lol


These are my answers and opinions for now, I'll add more if I remember something else that's important in controlling yourself.

BUT REMEMBER, DON'T STARVE YOURSELF. especially if you're currently 11-14 years old, YOU'RE GROWING. IF YOU STARVE YOURSELF AND NOT EAT ANYTHING YOU WON'T GROW WELL (aka become short).

So please, I give these advises not so you can starve yourself or skip meals. I'm just helping your diet in a healthy way. And these are advices to control yourself from OVEREATING or EATING TOO MANY SNACKS, not an advice to control yourself from EATING.
Anyway, thank you doctorbaek for asking! I hope my answer helps!


If you still want to ask further, then just comment or submit the question ^^