Sunnyside Up

Security Blanket

At 7:58pm, Sehun arrived at the restaurant that Suho had set the reservation for (an expensive place, as expected of their wipes-his--with-fifties manager). The dinner was set for 7:30, but there was nothing wrong with being a little fashionably late. Baekhyun was drunk already, hanging off of Chanyeol's shoulders when he spotted Sehun in the doorway.

"Sehun! Ov'r here!" he slurred, frantically waving a hand at him. He released his hold of Chanyeol to take a seat next to Jongin. Jongin winked and gestured to the empty seat in front of him.

"Free seat!" Sehun's eyes followed Jongin's hands. Right next to the empty seat sat Tao, who nodded his head in greeting. Slowly, Sehun moved to sit down next to him.

"Fashionably late?" Tao joked.

"Mm...." was all he could reply. He didn't have to look up to know Jongin was laughing at him.

"First things first!" Baekhyun all but slammed his palms onto the table. "Booze!" Sehun wanted to object, but two cups of soju were already being passed to him and Tao. He started to regret ever agreeing to this plan.

He downed it, wincing as he set the cup back onto the table. He'd never been much of a drinker, and his tolerance to alcohol was not.... Quite up to par.

"You don't seem like much of a drinker." Tao noted with a smirk, apparently reading his mind. Or the look of disgust on his face. Jongin poured them a refill.

"It gets better, trust me." He didn't wink that time, but Sehun could still hear one in his voice.

"I'm good, I don't really--" he was cut off by Baekhyun's sudden yelling.

"If y' don't keep drinking, m' gonna fire you! All of you!" He shot glares between him and Tao. Chanyeol stood up to steady him as he started to sway on his feet.

"You know he's drunk when he threatens to fire people. Especially his band mates." Chanyeol just laughed and patted Baekhyun's back as he guided his tipsy friend back into his seat.

Sehun looked at his cup of soju, then at Tao.

"We better listen to him." he said, and braced himself for another shot.

 

//

 

People started to trickle out of the restaurant as the night drew to a close. Suho was still chatting loudly with Lay, an old friend who ran the restaurant, and Jongin and Chanyeol had just left with Baekhyun, in a team effort to haul him outside to the taxi.

Sehun stood up to leave, a little too quickly, and the world around him started to spin. He felt firm hands grasp his shoulders to hold him in place. Tao's hands, he realized upon looking back.

"You okay?" Tao asked, keeping his hands placed on Sehun's shoulders.

"M'fine. I got it." he replied. Or tried to reply, anyway. He placed one foot in front of the other, aiming for the door, but stumbled after a few steps. His feet felt like they were miles away, and they wouldn't listen to any of his commands.

"Are you sure? You seem pretty...." he swatted Tao's hand away when he'd tried to steady him again.

"M'fine! M'.... ...." he slurred, still trying to get to the door. Dammit. Why did he have to be such a ing lightweight?

Tao laughed and slung an arm around both of Sehun's shoulders, guiding him to the parking lot. He fished around in his pocket until he found his car keys, the headlights of his black Mercedes flashing as he hit the unlock button. Tao opened the passenger door and Sehun sank heavily into the seat.

"How're you okay t' drive?" Sehun asked, appalled when the security guard started the ignition.

Tao laughed again. "It takes a lot more than that to get me drunk."

 

//

 

"Here," Sehun dropped the keys to his apartment onto Tao's lap. "Prob'ly can't do it myself."

Tao circled around the car to let Sehun out and slowly walked him up to the doorstep. He used the key Sehun gave him to unlock the door, and the tipsy boy grabbed onto the wall for support as he haphazardly kicked his shoes off.

He shuffled into the living room ever so slowly, one hand on the wall for guidance. He managed to get as far as the lightswitch before he lost his balance again, falling right into Tao.

"Take it easy, Sehun," he muttered as the boy's hands grabbed his shirt for balance. Almost a minute passed and neither one backed away, they just stood, frozen, their faces inches apart.

Sehun's mind whirled from the proximity. It couldn't form full thoughts, only incoherent fragments that broke apart every time he tried to speak. In his drunken haze, he could only think of one thing: Tao. The dark outline of his eyes, the full, cat-like curvature of his lips, and the warm scent of alcohol on his breath-- no, wait. That was probably him. Sehun didn't care.

"M'sorry.... I just...." he whispered as he leaned in further and pressed his lips to Tao's. Sehun felt him flinch slightly at the contact, but he quickly relaxed into the kiss. His hands slid around Sehun's waist, pulling him closer, while Sehun parted his lips to envelop one of Tao's.

There were no thoughts in his head now, his mind totally focused on the feeling of Tao's lips colliding with his own. He let his hands slide down the other's chest, the warmth of his body seeping into his fingertips.

Tao deepened the kiss further, his tongue finding it's way past Sehun's lips and into the younger boy's mouth. A small moan came from the back of Sehun's throat as he half-fell into the wall behind him. Tao pressed closer, pinning Sehun to the wall with his body. It wasn't until he felt Sehun working on his zipper that Tao finally pulled away.

"Y-you're drunk," he said breathlessly. "We shouldn't do this. Not now." Sehun stared at him, dazed, before nodding his head slightly.

 

//

 

Tao ushered him into the bedroom and Sehun collapsed into his bed, closing his eyes as Tao to tucked him underneath a thick layer of covers. Tao disappeared for a moment, and returned to set a tall glass of water on the nightstand.

"Sleep well, Sehun."

Sehun thought he felt a gentle kiss being placed on his forehead, but he couldn't be sure.

 

//

 

Sehun woke up with a pounding headache, and he could smell food.

"Ugh," he groaned, hands massaging his temples. How much did he have to drink last night? The answer to that one was obvious-- too much. 'How did I get home' was the next question on his mind, but it answered itself when he saw Tao in the kitchen, spatula in hand, adding a pancake to an already massive stack of pancakes.

"Morning. I hope you like pancakes, because.... Well, I made a lot of pancakes." Tao grinned at the overwhelming tower and scooped two onto a plate, passing it over to Sehun.

"They're really the only thing I'm a pro at cooking. I can do eggs too, if you want. Scrambled?"

"Yeah.... Sure." He poured syrup over the plate of pancakes, still confused as to why Tao was in his house. "Did you bring me home last night?"

"Yeah. I stayed since I thought you'd be too hungover to cook in the morning."

"Oh.... Thanks." Sehun lifted a bite of pancake to his mouth, but stopped halfway. "I didn't do anything weird last night, did I?"

Tao stopped. "Weird? No, no, I don't think so." He passed a plate of eggs to Sehun, but didn't meet his eyes.

Sehun laughed. "Thank god."

 

________________________________________________________________

a/n: apparently someone has a thing for drunk!sehun (hint it's me) lmao i know the story seems like it's veering off from the whole "idol terrorism" thing but I'm getting there just trust me. if you're still reading i love you and feel free to leave comments bc it would make me so so happy <3