The Missing Piece

Makes The Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2015 02 18-21

 

Living without your love and happiness for twelve years  was inevitably be a hardship for Baekhyun. He lived with uncertainty and in shadow of unknowing where his Chanyeol is. Whether he was still living or forever gone, Baekhyun just wished to see his love again.

 

One day in an unexpected moment came and from then on he knew that his life will definitely change again. Whether it's for good or not he doesn't care anymore. He will embrace whatever will come no matter what.

 

In an unpredictable and unexpected world of new generation where both men and women were already accepted to bind their love forever.

 

The Parks' lived in a simple yet spacious home with warm and love  in Songbuk-dong, an affluent suburb in South Korea. Chanyeol was a musical director for such a young age. He got his title ever since he was 27 years old. A romantic, charming with deep y voice man, he had infected his friends, colleagues and thousands of people in town, school, work and public place with his dangerously overreacting smiles, laughs and reactions. He was loved by many people because of his genuine heart and good nature as son, friend, boss, co-worker and lover. Year 3021, he tied a knot at the age 29 to Baekhyun. He and Baekhyun had a son named Chanhyun.

 

When he reached the age of 45, Chanyeol suffered from different unfortunate events or rather a series of mishaps. It was in between the months of May up to November in the same year, 3037 when those misfortune happened. No one thought even him and his lover, that those none vital occurrences  when combine would trigger in an eccentric consequence.

 

2015 03 17

Carrying out his musical instruments, a guitar and a bass one evening when he was going back to his office from their recording room, he slipped on ice-coated steps that made his back bruise and struck his head.

 

A few days later, Chanyeol was driving to work, he had a fit of sneezing, and had lost control of the car. A loud thud heard when he hit a telephone pole. Out of control from the sudden impact, he banged his forehead against the windshield.

 

The subsequent day due to exhaustion, tiredness with more than mild but not near in dizziness in his work, he ended up tumbling down a flight of steps, and again, he knocked his head against the hard concrete floor.

 

Twelve days later, he again lost control of his car and the a concrete barrier when he was about to go home and again his head became the victim of the impact. He was found unconscious by some concern citizen and brought to the nearest hospital for treatment and medication. He was admitted for three days with a cerebral concussion.

 

It was 25th of March 3037, when Chanyeol borrowed his Sehun's, his friend's, service van, unfortunately his own car stayed in the car repair because of the incident happened to him few days ago. He drove to country's international airport to pick up Baekhyun's brother, Baekbeom and his family.

 

"Are you sure, you're going to be okay, Yeol? Don't you want me to go with you so?" Baekhyun asked his husband while fixing the collar of the giant's top clothing.

 

"I'll be fine. Besides, you still need to prepare some food for them. For sure they were all hungry by now." Chanyeol said while wrapping his long arms around his petite love's slim waist.

 

Baekhyun sighed. "Okay. Just take care and be careful when you drive, alright?" He tip-toed and peck his giant's lips.

 

After picking them up, he took them in his and Baekhyun's house. He decided to return the borrowed car to his friend at around 12 minutes past ten in the evening after their late dinner.

 

Chanyeol was unaware that the leather pocket sized wallet containing his identification had slipped out his pocket and fell onto the floor of the van. When Sehun offered of a ride home, he declined it.

 

"I'm having a terrible headache and the walk might help to clear my mind." He said and smile to his friend.

 

"Alright then. Just call me when you get home." Sehun patted his shoulder before Chanyeol started to turn around and start his stride away from his friend's home. Normally, the walk would have taken about 12 minutes.

 

At 23:12, Baekhyun called their friend Luhan, Sehun's lover if his husband and Sehun's were still together since he knew that his giant just going to return the car and will go back home. He had no idea why Chanyeol had not yet reached home. It was unlike Chanyeol not to give him a call if he was delayed.

 

He was getting anxious at time click by. Around past midnight, he was already worried to death from his husband's whereabouts. After three hours of patiently waiting, Baekhyun called the police and reported his husband missing.

 

Reaching the time of 24 hours to search for a missing person, the police sent out an all-points bulletin and began some 50 letters to Chanyeol's friends and relatives. They followed through on every anonymous tip and even checked an unidentified bodies in the city's morgues.

 

Detective Kim Jongin was assigned to head the investigation. He knew Chanyeol was a man of probity and openness since they were friends. - the two attended the same church - and Jongin was sure that the disappearance had nothing to do with wrong doings by Park Chanyeol. The investigation had been confirmed that Park's personal and professional records were unsullied, and turned up no tendencies towards self-destruction or any evidences that he had been a victim of an accident or attack.

 

For Jongin, the only explanation was amnesia. He's older brother, Kim Joonmyeon's actually a neurologist. When he informed his brother, he mentioned about his missing friends. With some conversation about Chanyeol's past events that happened to him, the doctor explain the possibilities that might lead to his brother's friend's amnesia case.

 

Weeks had passed and there's still no trace of Chanyeol, that's why when Joonmyeon found out about the issue, he said to his brother that he needs to talk to the missing person's lover. After having a conversation with Baekhyun, the doctor concluded that it has a high possibility that Chanyeol was suffering in an amnesia.

 

Amnesia's occurrence was still as vague as the so called existence of the mythical creatures. It was a phenomenon that embraces a lot of mysteries. *Why it occurs in some patients and not in others is open to medical speculations. *What is known is that loss of memory can be caused by , Alzheimer's disease, alcoholism, severe psychological trauma - or by blows to the head. *Any individual whose brain has suffered such injuries can simply wander aimlessly away from the place where he lives with all knowledge of his past out. (Note: *excerpts from the original article)

 

"It was almost weeks," Baekhyun's brother remembers, "Baekhyun pacing the house back and forth. He never failed to pray too every morning and before going to bed. It was so painful to see my brother so lost and miserable. Their son Chanhyun never leaves him and he's staying stronger for his parents especially to Baekhyun who is so vulnerable at the moment. My brother agreed that Chanyeol could be a victim of amnesia. He was so worried about his husband's health too. Baekhyun's deep trust and faith in God sustained and keeps him sane and makes hopes for him. He hopes and prays that one day, He would provide an answer for us, for their son, for him."

 

Baekhyun and his son stayed in their house, waiting for the head of the family. He stayed and remained in their so called home, waiting for his giant to come back. At night, he would let their son sleep early and then there he was watching television, he would stare at his giant's pile of compositions where his husband would dozed off every nights. Most of the time, he dreamed that his giant had come home, only to find when he wakes up that Chanyeol wasn't there.

 

Since, Chanyeol's disappearance, Baekhyun temporarily stop from his work and shuts his fashion gallery.  When he realized that he had to earn for a living for him and especially for their son, he set aside his misery for a while.

 

He continued his fashion design career and made to public again his once blooming fashion shop at the center of the city where next to his shop was his giant's musical instruments shop as well. They had decided to establish the said businesses after both of them had earned enough sum of capital few years ago. At first, both of them struggled from their profit and had few times of losses but eventually after studying and having some strategies in mind, in a blink of two years they managed both businesses so well. Now, that Baekhyun would be the only who will run their dream of hopes. I need to be strong for us, Yeol. He told to himself. In spite of everything,

 

Baekhyun never loses his faith to his husband that Chanyeol would return again feel again his warmth embrace. He kept his giant's belongings' intact and his clothes in their closets. He kept on protecting them away from any dirt and dust. Chanyeol's razors, can of shaving creams still remained in their bathroom. His giant's perfumes, deo-lotions, accessories, jewelries and other personal items were still in their bedroom's bedside drawers.

 

On his walk home, Chanyeol had indeed passed out and losing all his ability to remember who he was and where he lived. What happened to him back then was still unclear. He took the train to Central Park Terminal, then took another one and a bus to south. The next thing he knew , he was already in a secluded countryside of the south far away from the crowded and hectic city capital of the country.

 

He was thankful for the couple who kindly took him and gave him shelter and comfort for a living. Wu Yifan and Wu ZItao, when they had introduc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter