[2/2]

That one time...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It felt like (something heavy was thrown at Woohyun and had successfully crushed all his insides all at once) x 100. In all honesty, Woohyun did not even know how that thought could even be in Sunggyu’s head, let alone to actually get him the courage to ask his fellow member, his best friend, about it.  Why would Sunggyu even have that thought, when did he even begin having such thought… What was Kim Sunggyu even thinking?

 

“Hyung… what is this…?” Woohyun asked, dumfounded, not really believing what nonsense he had just heard “What do you mean?”

 

Sunggyu was torn, seeing Woohyun reacting like that, he wondered how the others are going to take it when he talks to them about it.

 

“Hyu…-ng” Woohyun called for him, hands desperately holding onto the leader’s hands, “Why are you saying this?”

 

Sunggyu cried, he cried his eyes out. He cried for his pain, his insecurities, his lack of skills, his undefined feelings, he cried for everything. Amidst of all of his thoughts, he just couldn’t believe how he was that comfortable around Woohyun to let him see the vulnerable cry baby side of him – he would sure miss the younger if they ever part ways.

 

“Hyung! Sunggyu hyung! Please say something!”

 

Sunggyu finally reduced his crying, he looked Woohyun and began trying to make a conversation with the younger, “Should I quit Woohyun ah?”

 

“W-Why?”

 

“I…I don’t know, I just don’t think that I would be much help for Infinite anymore” Sunggyu sighed, sniffing once a while.

 

“What kind of bull is that!?” Woohyun snapped, hands grabbing Sunggyu’s tighter, “You are a part of Infinite, and you have done us more greats than the 6 of us even combined!”

 

Sunggyu looked Woohyun in the eye, clearly surprised at the younger’s sudden outburst. He had never seen Woohyun this mad since their trainee years (and even then it was just 40% than what he looked now). He does not expect this from the younger; he figured that Woohyun would be fine about it.

 

“W-Woohyun-ah…” somehow Sunggyu’s tears finally stopped.

 

“W-why do you even let such thoughts occupy your head, huh?”

 

Sunggyu sighed, since he had already said it, might as well just continue opening up to the younger.

 

“I don’t know…I was just…”Sunggyu never knew how hard it was to share his thoughts and burdens with the members before; he did not know how to start. But with nothing else to loose, he just said the first thing that popped into his head, “…You guys are doing fine without me anyway…”

 

Sunggyu could hear how Woohyun scoffed in annoyance at his words, he was prepared at anything the younger might have wanted to scream at him, but he did not expect his next words would have such a great impact, “How are we fine? We are fine because you are here to lead us. We are fine because you are here to encourage us. We are fine because of what you do and everything that you do hyung…We are fine…because you are here, with us. What would we do if you’re not around anymore…”

 

Although Sunggyu was moved by Woohyun’s words, he just couldn’t get his minds off of how the others were doing exceptionally well on their own – venturing into different fields and what not. Maybe what Woohyun said was true, but who’s to say that’s what all the other members felt also? Maybe he should consider dropping out…

 

“That’s what you’re saying now Hyun, but later…” Sunggyu sighed, head dropped, looking at how Woohyun was still holding onto his hands, he kind of liked it that way.

 

“I don’t understand you hyung, really…” Woohyun sighed in defeat; he just does not understand how Sunggyu could not see how he was such a big part of Infinite as the other members are as well. “You should have more confidence in yourself Gyu hyung”

 

Sunggyu just hummed, not agreeing but not really disagreeing with it either. He just felt like he needed to say or do something to let the younger know that he was still there, listening as he traced the younger’s hand with his fingers.

 

“Mind telling me why you have these thoughts then?”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Hyung…”

 

Sunggyu looked at how dejected the younger was before finally letting all of the insecurities building inside of him out for Woohyun to know; because the younger would confirm that all those insecurities he had were just his positive traits if he looked hard enough.

 

So Sunggyu started first with how he was sure that the other members were doing fine without him (which Woohyun persistently tells otherwise). The leader was sure because of how the other members were going here and there on their own, no longer sticking to each other. With the rapper line holds a very successful unit group of Infinite H, they were able to grab other people’s attention who were not an inspirit before through their choice and also style of music that differs from Infinite as a whole.

 

While Woohyun, Sungyeol and Myungsoo ventures on the world of acting, anyone and everyone know how the three of them have mastered the art of acting after a while, and thus brings more drama viewers to light about the group named Infinite. (And plus Hoya also, no one could forget the outstanding acting he did during Replay 1997, so basically Hoya hit the homerun twice so far)

 

And their maknae Sungjong got the chance to be the MC of one of the most viewed show around which co-hosted by one of the most popular sunbae and artists in the industry. So need Sunggyu to shed the light on it some more?

 

All of these contributions were made by the rest of the members gave great impacts on Infinite’s popularity, and Sunggyu? What did he do?

 

“That is where you are wrong Gyu hyung” Woohyun stated calmly and smiled at the leader, “You made a lot of contributions to the group hyung…”

 

“I doubt it…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter