Things I’ll Never Say

Things I’ll Never Say
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sae Hee’s POV

I am not one of those girls who spend hours dreaming about getting married, living in a perfect house with 2 children, a dog, and a cat.

I’m also not one of those girls who spend her whole class scribbling little hearts and kisses all over a piece of lined paper.

Or the kind of girl who has had their wedding planned since the age of 6 and fantasizes about it every second they get.

Because they had already planned it for me. So what is the use of planning it myself? Ever since I was young, I was told that would marry Min Woo oppa.

I didn’t even know back then what marriage was supposed to mean. How could a little girl like me understand that complicated matter back then?

They keep telling that when the right time comes, I’ll understand it all. And so I just let them be.

            And I guess they are right, I understand it eventually as I grow up, it only means that I have to be tied to oppa for the rest of my life, isn’t that what marriage means? Spending the rest of your lives together.

            I didn’t actually hate that fact, because ever since then I’ve been hearing that. So, it kind of like a program in my head. “Ah… I’ll get married to oppa one day”. I’ve already accepted it. When you’ve been hearing that same sentence almost all your life, you just get to accept it.

            And now here I am walking to oppa’s workplace visiting him with a pack lunch on my hand, like a dutiful fiancé would do.

Some of the employees there smiled and greeted me upon seeing me. They already knew who I was, as I come here from time to time.

They all knew that I’m Park Min Woo’s fiancé, most of them are envious of our relationship, and they all think that we are a match-made-in-heaven. A perfect couple.

If only they know how we really are when no one is looking around, then perhaps they wouldn’t even think of that and instead, pitied us.

After a while I reached oppa’s office and we went to their building’s rooftop, the scenery there was really great. You could see almost everything up there.

I place the pack lunch I brought on the round table there and he just stands there looking faraway. “Eat now, before it gets cold.” I commented as I started unpacking the food, he turned around and walks toward me.

“You shouldn’t have bothered” he said in his usual cold tone of voice. Well he wasn’t originally that cold of a person.

“Omma asked me to, so what can I do?” I answered not even looking at him. And I heard him sigh. Then he seated and started to eat. The silence is really deafening. Neither one of us is talking.

Yeah, that’s how we really are when no one is looking. I wonder when we became like this. When it feels like it was just yesterday when we are still friends. 

When did we become so distant? Why did we become so distant? Those questions kept on repeating on my mind whenever we are on a situation like this.

“Why did you change so much?” I asked in my mind, but that was I thought. It turned out that I actually said my thoughts out loud and he heard it. He then stopped eating and looked at me as usual he had that cold look on his eyes.

“I didn’t change, I just grow up.” He answered nonchalantly.

“Then did you grow to hate me?” I asked, a part of me wants to know his answer and a part of me is afraid that he’ll actually say that he hates me, I wonder if I can take it hearing that words from him, I bet not.

“I don’t hate you” he answered as placed down his chopsticks, and I can’t tell what’s on his mind.

I wish I could read his mind, he says that he doesn’t hate me and yet why don’t I seem to be happy about it? I didn’t hear the words I don’t want hear, right? I should be happy then. But why do I still feel like this?

“You don’t like me either.” I suddenly blurted out; I swear I didn’t mean to say that out loud. I wished he didn’t hear. That must be the reason to why I can’t fully be relieved that he doesn’t hate me, he doesn’t hate nor does he like me.

“Then do you like me?” he said, while looking at me, I don’t know if he was really curious or is he just mocking me right now.

“No!” I quickly denied. To me, my feelings and pride are important. Although I like him it’s not enough to be used like that.

            “See, you don’t like me either.” He said as he slightly smiles, I’m amaze at how he can still smile at time like this. He must not really like me.

            “Then why did you agreed to this marriage thing?” I asked him.

            “Because it’s not like there is something I can do.” He answered. “What about you? Why did you agree to this thing?” he asked me back.

            “It’s not like there is something I can do either.” I answered back. And he just remained silent. “geundae, Keugo ara?” I started and he just looked curiously at me.

            “There are a lot of times where I wanted to stop this marriage. I mean, why are we the one who was supposed to fulfill the promises that we didn’t even made ourselves? Isn’t that ridiculous?” I said and he just remains staring at me.

            “But as I think through it, I’ve known you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter