Final

The password (Screen lock Phone)

 


 

"Why are you rejecting him? He's not that bad guy though" Youngjae beams , feeling weird at his only female friend. He takes a soft sip on his warm drink while glancing with the corner of his eye to her.

Han Yuhee, who has quite a unique personality in and out, have somewhat gained many attractive almost all the men in their school but she is too dumb to realize it. That’s what Youngjae always thought on his mind about her.

He tilts his head eventually when earning nothing from the female. She is busying playing with her precious phone in her hand, completely ignored the male.

“Yah, are you listening me?” Youngjae elbows her arm hardly in annoying. Both of them is having their break time in the small garden of the school.

“Hmm” She responses , a bit snort at him. Youngjae peeks to look at her phone and notice she is reading some fictions of her favorite idol again. Youngjae clicks once his tongue in irritation before turning forward again, enjoying the view in front of him instead. He is already getting used with her who is hardly a fan of reading love stories. But the reality, she always avoids when anything comes into love. Weird.

Being her best friend, had taught him a lot of things. They are basically about the life and Youngjae always admire the wisdom of her in experience many things. No wonder she rather be quieter than speaking because she prefer think and ponder anything around her.

Exactly, Yuhee is quiet person and not really open up to anyone she doesn’t really know. But, there was Youngjae’s luck when two years ago, The teacher is happened had paired up both of them to make a small project about physics. Yuhee is known as taciturn person, had invited a feeling of concerned for Youngjae to work with her together. Her silence has received from people that she was arrogant person including Youngjae who think the same way.

But, after he started to talk with her.  He was surprised when he found out she is actually a friendly person and now he already know that she only open when someone make a first move, talking to her first. That probably sounds weird but that‘s the truly fact about her.

At last they become a good friend until now and Youngjae secretly grateful that he managed to get to know her well. If not, he perhaps would constantly judge her forever.

While he is in deep thought, The voice of yelling instantly interrupt him. Youngjae quickly straighten his body up as turn his head to her. With a frown, he observes her action who seems like Fangirling over something, probably the fiction she is reading has gotten her into excitement.

Youngjae only be able shake his head, There’s still something that’s worrying him about. Yuhee seems so hard to open her heart and not to mention there are several guys try to hit on her but she would kindly rejected all of them. He sometime doesn’t understand why. She even never mention about a guy her like in front of him.

“YuHee, do you believe in love?” Youngjae suddenly asks, his eyes stare at her figure beside him. his drink almost left in half as he places them beside him.

“Of course I am, Why do you think I’m not. If I were not, I might not love my parent, maybe my cat too” She mutters but her eyes never leave from her screen phone. Youngjae immediately scratch his head at her weird yet reasonable answer.

‘Seriously, a cat?’ Youngjae silently thought.

“Aish, that’s not what I mean, I mean Love for a man” He says, trying detail the meaning. Yuhee remain silent for a moment and seem like she is trying delay the time. However, Youngjae patiently waits for her next word.

“I never thought about that” She finally gives a response. hearing her simple answer, making him let out a small sigh.

“Why? You don’t trust men?” He narrows his eye to her who seems not interesting to look over him instead the phone. For a moment, Youngjae’s word has distracted her from her phone as she lifts up her head, turning to Youngjae.

“Youngjae, what are you? a girl?” She starts to frown this time. Youngjae secretly grunts under his breath, a bit don’t like when she begins twine the things that make him completely shut his mouth and doesn’t have anything to argue back.

“Okay, Okay, you win but why you seem not interesting in any man?” He seem doesn’t have a sign to give up either as asking her again with an other question. Yuhee turns and focus back to her phone.

“Maybe it’s not my time yet for that” She simply mutters, didn’t sounds hesitate in her voice.

“your  time? You mean you won’t open your heart until you really want it” He makes a face, slightly confused.

“Maybe?” She just shrugs on her spot, continuing read the story on her phone again.

“Oh come on Yuhee-ah, You can’t control your heart. Who knows you will fall for someone you never expect to happen” Youngjae plead at her and attempting make her to face the reality.

“Then I will never let my heart win against it” She casually replies and Youngjae quite not sure whether she’d think first before she speak or she randomly splits out without thinking.

“You can’t !” Youngjae retorts by her nonsense word.

“I can !!” She looks at him again.

“That’s nonsense!” Youngjae suddenly snatches the phone in her hand as he is a bit irritated with her stubbornness. Yuhee’s eye wide in disbelieve and a bit startled by his sudden action to be honest.

“That’s my heart, I can do whatever I want and feel anything I want or otherwise !!” She snatches back her phone from him. her eyes already flared with fire as she really don’t get it what is running through her friend’s head until he has given her that attitude. He nearly tests her patience right now.

“but-“

“Don’t talk to me for five minute!” She cuts him off instantly, preventing him to speak any further more.

Youngjae shuts his mouth close immediately as he presses his lip together. Upon noticing his silence, she pays attention back to her phone,  silently letting out a light sigh. No need to wonder, it’s just regular thing for both of them to do such a thing like that. Asking to be silent for about five minutes is all Yuhee’s ideas. Like he mentioned before, she is unique and when he’d asked her the reason, exactly her answer quite surprised him and believe it, he never once in his life thought like that. Not at all.

It was just a simple line though. “to avoid us from going too far, like end up fighting”

She is totally true and imagine if they keeps on arguing with each other, spitting anything that they think they are right, probably would end up into something that they never think to happen. Something that might can hurt both of them sooner or later. Be silent either, can give a slight chance for them to think properly and deeply.

“Hey, we just wasting five minute without talking” Youngjae finally lets out his voice after being silent for five minutes. He looks calmer than earlier. The atmosphere around them, that’s not too tense anyway.

“I’m not but you are. I’m reading” She remarks, secretly hiding her smile. There is one thing making her believe in this guy, it’s because he is selfless which only thinking about peoples’ needs rather than himself. but to be honest,  it’s not good for him too until she needs to correct it for himself.

“Why you always read those kind of story?” Youngjae asks as click his tongue, he gradually feels sick to see her phone always being in her hand wherever she goes. Like seriously, what’s so interesting reading the fictional when you know partly of them are not true. Plus, which is making you confused between the real life and the story that created by people.

“Because I like it and you know it, youngjae.” She casually states, rolling her eyes.

Youngjae presses his lips together again, deciding only to be quiet in his spot. He takes a quick glance at his own phone and found out that they only have fifteen minute more before the period of the next class begins to start.

Youngjae slumps himself down while putting his right elbow onto his lap. He simply rests his chin on his palm then tilt his head in her direction, observing  her for a second before open his mouth.

“Hey, look at me” he somehow wants her attention for a moment as a normal friend but,

“Just keeps talking, I’m listening” She calmly says.

Youngjae quietly makes a heavy sigh and for a moment, he wonders , what is going to happen if her phone missing all of sudden.

......

Yuhee almost dies right now because she is looking for her phone. After the class over, she was surprised when she notices her phone not any longer with her. She is perfectly sure she didn’t left them at home because in this morning she managed to read some the chapters of the story that she currently subscribed.

She is now starting to panic as she tries to search in her locker instead and the period of the recess time almost end when she just spent them by just to look for her phone only. Suddenly her name has been calling by a familiar voice. She quickly turns around from her locker.

“Here, I give your phone back. Sorry, I accidentally took them” Youngjae grins while reaching out his hand along her phone on his palm. Yuhee’s eyes nearly poke out from the socket at the sight of her phone. Without waiting for a second, she quickly takes them with a huge smile on her face.

“You’re the one who took my phone, I thought someone was stealing them. Such a realize” She murmurs while sighing, then look up to meet his eyes. “Thank you!” She exclaims in excitement before lowering her head again, observing her own phone. Youngjae secretly bites his bottom lips.

“Well, I’m leaving, my class is going to start” He begins to excuse himself, since they in the different class for the this year.

“Oh, alright” Yuhee snaps from her short thought before raising up her head again. She quickly flushes her smile to him. Youngjae nods his head once then begins to walk away, leaving the girl.

Still in her spot, Yuhee looks down and about to open her phone but something unfamiliar greet her eyes instead, when the screen show up the space to fill the password. At first, her face is frowning and soon her eye become large immediately.

“Yahh, You Youngjae !! What you’ve done to my phone??!!” Her voice echoes around the air but unfortunately his figure already gone somewhere.

.....

“Hurry, tell me the password” Yuhee says straight forward right after struggling drag him out from his class. Today is really hard for her to meet with Youngjae, when the male keeps escape from her since the beginning. She knows the only reason he to do so, because of the stupid idea of him by setting her phone into the password. Seriously, how dare he does that and now he refused to tell the password.

“No” Youngjae simply says, smirking a little. We both now is standing outside of his classroom or rather to say at the corridor near his class.

“What? Yah, this is not fun. Give me the password now” She nearly shouts but at the last word she utters through her teeth instead, starting to irritate by his stubbornness. She just can’t believe that he has this side.

Youngjae ignores her demand as he rubs the back of his neck a little. “Find out by yourself” He narrows his eyes to her.

Yuhee’s shoulders slump due to his word, sighing.

“I’ve tried it yesterday, but nope of them were work” She glances for a second over her phone in her hand before looking up again to him. Last night, she had slept late for the first time just because she wants to find the password but she ends up got nothing when nope of them work.

At the moment, She tries to buy his sympathy with her pouty face this time, blinking her eyes.  It’s rare for her to do such a thing like that. The sight of that almost makes Youngjae gives in but he quickly avoids her eye right away.

“I don’t know”

Immediately, Yuhee’s eye wide open at his simple yet stupid word. “Youngjae!-”

“No . Not changing the answer.” Youngjae insists hardly, shaking his head.

“Don’t be such silly, How am I going to make a call or text?” Yuhee grabs his collar in anger. He really drives her nuts at the moment.

With a poker face he gently pulls her hand away from his collar, not too hard. “That’s not my problem”

Youngjae stuck his tongue at the angry girl and before she could say anything, He instantly runs away as get into his class again, completely leave the girl on her spot. She growls in frustration and immediately run her pointy finger through her brown hair.

.....

“Youngjae, please give me the password now. There was some text massage I received last night and I still not reading yet” From no where, she pops out in front of him in a trice. Youngjae seems flinch a bit at her sudden presence as he quickly glance up to the girl. For a moment, he lowers again his head down, continuing doing his currently assignment.

“No.” He shortly responses,

Yuhee grunts under her breath at the same line that come out from his mouth. She takes a seat opposite Youngjae then observing him in silence. They are sitting on the benches along the table in the garden school.                 

“Why are you doing this?” She opens again.

The male only presses his lip tight while concentrating deeply on his assignment instead. The stress quickly lingering around her when he chooses to ignore her. Seem like her patience gradually becomes thin when suddenly she smashes both of her palm against the surface of the table.

“YOUNGJAE!! – ” She is about to explode but pauses immediately then stare at him in resentful. Youngjae, who obviously shocked by her action instantly look up to meet her eye. He notices how red her face just only to endure her anger at the situation. For a moment, she makes a heavy sigh. “Fine.. I’ll find it by myself”

She weary get up from the seat then reluctantly leaves the place. Youngjae secretly chews on his lower lip while his eye watching her back figure. After her shadow gone behind the wall, he runs his gaze to his paper again.

“I wonder how you are going to react when you know the password. That’s just simple one though” He breathe out.

.....

It has been a week passed and Youngjae begins to feel guilty for his friend. Because of his stupid idea either has strained their relationship to be honest. Yuhee rarely wanting to talk with him like always and he’s not sure whether she is sulking on him or she’s really being lazy want to talk with him.

As he’s walking, suddenly his eye catches her glimpse in their usual place. His lip forms into a smile as he changes his step immediately. He takes some breath before approaching her.

He carefully sits next to her on the bench then for a moment he begins to open his mouth.

“So-”

“Don’t disturb me, I’m busy” She cuts him off right away as her eye staring right on her screen phone. Seem like she already sense his presence beside her. Youngjae shuts his mouth close as obey her but his smile never leave his lip either.

“Y.U.H.E.E.P.A.B.O..” She types the alphabet while spell them one by one. Bluntly, after a week, she begins typing anything that come through her mind whilst she completely gives up to think the password that Youngjae has been setting on her phone. Her brain already dry just by thinking of the password.

For a moment, she groans when the password gets wrong again for the hundredth time. Youngjae giggles at her.

“What do you think, I will put that as the password, huh?” He asks, a bit amused.

“You always think that I am the one,don’t you?” She says with no tone on her voice.

Hearing her word slowly makes him lets out a weak sigh. “I never thought you like that” He admits.

“Y.U.H.E.E.I.S.U.G.L.Y...” She tries again, ignore him.

This time, Youngjae clicks his tongue.“I’ll get beat up by the man if I said that to you”

“Y.O.U.N.G.J.A.E.P.A.B.O..”

Youngjae immediately makes a face,

“No one said himself Pabo, seriously, I was the one who set the password!”

“Aish! you’re noisy” She complains, at last, She just typing without making any sound. Her face looks slightly serious while frowning. She is too desperate to unlock her phone until she ignores the person beside him completely.

There is silent for a few minute as no one have intention to utter any word. Only the sound of grunt could be heard around the air when she gets the wrong password again. To be honest, there is something bothering her and of course it related to the password that set by Youngjae. She is starting to wonder, why must be password ? Why not he just set them with pin or pattern on her screen lock phone??

“Yuhee, You want to know?” Youngjae suddenly asks, flinching her completely since she in deep thought at those moments.

“What?” She coldly replies as give a quick glance to him before looking back to her phone.

“I love you”

“Huh?” For the first time her heart thud wildly under her chest. his word such an unexpected to be listened by her. It just, never come cross on her mind at all. She do really know a lot of guy easily saying that to her and commonly she won’t feel anything about it but now it’s different. Pretty different with what she thought. No, she never thought that the word she quite not fond, has been spit out by her own friend. Ever.

Now, she found herself being froze on her spot while lowering her phone down onto her lap. She raises up her head, staring in front of her. For a moment, her voice of conscience suddenly greets her inner, saying that his love only for a friend and he just mentioned it in front of her.

“For me, you’re more than my friend” He adds, as if he has hearing what is her conscience saying to her a while ago. His just changed her speculation right away as she tense up a little at the situation she is  in now. Turning her head to the side, she bravely face him.

“Youngjae, you must be-“

“No, I’m not joking, I really do love you” He cuts her off as turn his head in her direction, staring right on her eyes.  His expression reveals a serious one and his eye becomes dark until hard for her to catch a breath. Her lip slowly apart as if she wants to utter something but seem aren’t allowed her to do so.

“I-I Don’t know..” At last, she just spits out those words while lowering her head down, avoiding his eye completely.

Youngjae presses his lip together then slowly breathe out. He already expects those words would come out of instead. Youngjae’s lip pulls in a thin smile a little as he turns in front again. There is silent around them when no one dare to say anything and apparently Yuhee begins to feel awkward yet tense being around him.

“Hey” Youngjae suddenly breaks the ice between them. To be honest, he’s a bit doesn’t like this kind of situation. Yuhee secretly bites her inner cheek, hesitating whether to give him the response or not. Seems like she just turn into usual Yuhee,  lack of talking. Just like the first time they met.

And youngjae know that but he rather to choose to ignore it when he begin to open his mouth again.

“Do you you want to listen to my love story? I know, You aren’t reading the Fiction ever since I put the password on your phone a week ago”

He waits for a moment for her to give him a slight response but still nope. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Only her silence greets him. He forces himself to smile again.

“I take that as a yes then” He mutters, leaning his back again the bench behind him.

“You know, I fell for someone who close tightly her heart until hard for any man to inhabit it. She is blind when it comes into herself. She doesn’t notice how pretty she is, she doesn’t notice how worthy she is. All she thinks was she just an ordinary girl.”He pauses,

“Sometimes, I don’t understand her. She isn’t stupid but the unique side of her always makes anyone around her think she is the one.  She loves to read romance but she never experiences one in reality, and she even never  thought one to try it. Weird. Yeah, that was the word I keep on thinking about her. To be honest, She exactly wanted to open her heart up to someone, but the fear of being broken took over her first.”

“Stop..” She suddenly interrupts, probably can’t bear anymore which so-called ‘love story’ that he‘s telling her now.  but he pretends to be deaf as ignore her instead.

“That’s the reason I fell for her. She thinks too forward before doing something but she doesn’t know the side of her sometime would make her feel lonely eventually.”

“Please stop it..”

“I’ve tried once to be in her heart but it was difficult. You don’t have any idea how hard I was when I try to win her heart. She still closes her heart, even I’ve used my own key,  but it still won’t work on her heart.”

“I’m leaving” She firmly says and about to stand up but Youngjae quickly catches her hand, mention her to stay. Afraid of her would leaving, Youngjae grips down her wrist in his hand. Yuhee a bit startled, it’s not because he holds back her but the way he squeezes hardly her wrist, sending her a shiver immediately. She could feels an unknown system runs through her body until they reach to her heart, making them flutter right away.

Yuhee instantly looks up and found out his eyes already on her.

“My feeling already near to her heart but she still doesn’t know how to open it until now” He mumbles while his eye locking onto her deeply. After a few second, his grip slowly looses from her wrist and end up let it go.

“I will go” He breathes out. Then, Slowly get up of the bench as walk away from the place, leaving the speechless girl.

“What just happen a while ago?” She quietly murmurs upon being silent for a few minutes in her spot. Her heart still shaking under her chest, such a giving her an uneasy feeling. She tries to take some breaths for at least calm her heart a little.

For a moment, she lowers down her head as her eye immediately land to her phone that she is still holding now onto her lap.

“What exactly did he mean?” She weary sigh, still confused to his sudden confession. Wait, is he really did confess to her? She secretly thought but the vibrate in her hand abruptly interrupt her short thought. She snaps back as notice her phone just received the message from somebody.

She quickly glance to the screen and about to swipe them but instead she lets out a deep sigh. She just forgot that her phone still set on with the password.

“Why are you doing this, youngjae?” She nearly shout in anger but out of blue, something hit her.

“Impossible!” Yuhee breathe out when something come cross her mind about the password. She Looks down again to her phone, “..did he.. really put them as the password?”

She is in a dilemma now and after a few minutes, she just decides to give a try. Yuhee’s finger type the first letter but then when she is about to type another suddenly her finger stiff right away. Her conscience has interrupted her, saying that if she got wrong, that would probably sound like stupid to think that he really puts them as the password.

At last, she just forgets her intention immediately as shake her head.

.....

Three days had passed and things change more quickly than he thought. Yuhee, seems like going to ignore him forever and now they are like strangers to each other. Some part of him begins to feel regret for doing something that might hurt himself. He definitely knows, this kind of thing is going to happen but he still wanted to follow his heart. In conclusion, He just ruined everything and now he got nothings. Absolutely nothing.

Youngjae makes a heavy sigh then quickly drop his head onto his arm that rest on his own desk. In his hand is holding his phone tightly. For a moment, he begins twist his phone lazily while his eye watching them moving.

Suddenly, his phone vibrates in his hand as he instantly straightens his body up. Carefully, he swipes his screen phone to unlock them and his eye widen in shock when an familiar name greets her sight. Without waiting any second, he quickly opens the text message he just got.

“You did it, your key is worked.. See, we are connected”

His lip slowly pulls in a thin smile, Finally, she has found out the password and he is very glad about that. Youngjae shuts his eyes for a while before tying something on his screen, wanting reply back the message.

“I’m glad you did it, So, What is the password you’ve found out? huh?”

 

An hour ago

Yuhee sat silently on the bench in the school garden and her phone still glued in her hand like the routine of her. Bluntly, These past three days has eventually made her go  crazy. it was not the other thing but the confession that made by Youngjae and the password has distracted her away completely. Both of these things was totally freaks her out.

She still clearly remembers everything he had said to her and to be honest, it’s a bit bother her, plus with her phone condition that still couldn’t open it until now. At last, she decided to just use the word that always stuck in her mind after his confess a few days ago. Those words either has made her life mess for a while.

With flutter heart, she forced herself to type those words and to her surprise it was actually working. Her phone ends up could open it after a long time. Not to mention, she got a little goosebumps when her wallpaper greeted her eye.She hardly to believe that he really did put them as password. It was really simple but so hard for her to figure out it because they never come through her mind until the day Youngjae made a confession to her.

“Wow, there was a lot of text message I got” She speechless for moment at the sight in front of her. “And mostly from.. youngjae?”

Frowning, She softly scrolls down and decided to read them one by one.

‘Yuhee-ah, I’m really sorry for doing this but I have too because I want your attention”

“You must be frustrated about the password I’ve set on your phone, right?”

“You seem hardly wanted to know the password from me but, sorry Yuhee-ah, I really couldn’t give it to you :P”

“I really want you to figure out by yourself”

“There is something I’ve been hiding from you,yuhee-ah”

“Apparently, I’ve fallen for you and I knew you won’t accept me cause you’ve mentioned that you won’t open your heart”

“I’m sad to be honest”

“it’s been a week but you still don’t know how to open it and you still don’t know my feelings yet”

“Only if you read all those messages”

“I can’t hold this anymore, so I’ve given you the hint today but seem like you don’t want to concentrate it. No, I mean you still couldn’t catch the password through my sentence”

“I’m still waiting for you to open it, Yuhee-ah”

“I won’t give up on waiting for you to open your phone, just like the way I’m waiting for your heart to open”

......

 

After waiting for a few minutes, his phone finally vibrates again to the sign he got the reply from her. He calmly opens it and after reading those words his lip forms into a wide smile again.

 

“ILOVEYOU”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

First, I'm sorry if there have any error grammatic, because English is not my first language.. -.-

Btw, I really hope you guys enjoy reading this :D

Bye!