Up my alleyway

Up my alleyway

Kyungsoo was on the run.

, . Where had manager-hyung parked the van? Kyungsoo looked around frantically, before breaking out into a sprint down an alleyway. This looks about right.

The saesangs screamed, having spotted Kyungsoo ducking into the alleyway. “OPPA!” They screamed, giving him chase, “OPPA! SAESANG, ANIYA!”

. Kyungsoo panicked. He had run into a dead end, and the saesangs would be upon him any moment now.

“You look like you could use some help.” Kyungsoo whirled around to see a girl standing beside a garbage bin, dusting her hands.

“Uhhhh…” Kyungsoo hesitated.

“Suit yourself,” shrugging, the girl opened the back door and began to enter.

“Wait!” Kyungsoo rushed out, “Can you please hide me?”

The girl grinned and grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm, pulling him inside just as the anguished screams of rabid saesangs ran through the alleyway.

“WHERE IS OPPA?!?!”

 

---x---

 

“Are they gone?” Kyungsoo asked, hiding inside what he found was a dermatologist clinic.

“Nope.” The girl said, shutting the blinds. “They’re actually going around checking every building. They’ll be here soon, so I suggest you enter the doctor’s office. I’m sure he won’t mind having you hide in there for a while.”

Kyungsoo thanked the girl quietly as he slipped inside the small office, noticing for the first time the multitude of degrees lining the doctor’s walls.

He settled himself down behind the doctor’s impressive mahogany desk, ears straining to make out words out of the voices floating through the door.

“Are you sure no one came here?” He heard a voice ask. If this were any other time, he would have appreciated the honey-like texture of the voice, but now it only seemed evil and caused him to shudder lightly.

“I think I would have noticed if someone entered the clinic in the last few minutes. Now please, if you aren’t here for a consultation or to book an appointment, I am going to ask you to leave.”

Kyungsoo sagged in relief as he heard the clinic’s front door open and then shut.

“They’ve left the clinic, but they’re still out there, looking for you.” Kyungsoo jumped, surprised to find the girl grinning down at him form the top of the desk.

“Uh, thanks. I owe you one.” Dusting off his pants, Kyungsoo got off the ground and planted himself on the doctor’s chair.

“No worries. Anything to help my favourite idol.” The girl sat down on the chair near the door, pulling out her phone and flicking through something on the screen.

“Your favourite idol, eh?” Kyungsoo asked, his face splitting into a smile.

“Meh.” The girl was staring intently at her phone, “Something like that.”

Kyungsoo got up and made his way to the door, “Well then, your ‘something-like-that favourite idol’ will get going. But seriously, thank you for saving my life.”

“No worries. Just be mindful of the hordes of saesangs that are still camping out in front of the clinic OK?” The girl said, nonchalantly.

Kyungsoo stopped, one foot in the air. “They’re still out there?” He asked, incredulously.

“Yup.” She motioned to the TV showing the CCTV camera footage from outside. “Seriously, how did you not notice?”

Kyungsoo grinned. “No clue. But hey, if we’re gonna be stuck here for a while, how about we get to know each other?”

The girl nodded, her eyes dancing with mirth. She closed her phone and reclined in her seat. “Tanya.” She got up and bowed politely, “I’m doing my internship here, and simultaneously trying to learn more about Korea and its culture.”

“Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo bowed back, grinning. “I’m an idol and I’d love to help you learn about the Korean culture if you need help.” Kyungsoo finished with a cute wink, before bursting into peals of laughter.

Tanya laughed along, “And if I say yes, how exactly are you planning on helping me learn more about the Korean culture?”

“Well, I’m sure you’ve heard of the many scandals SME has had in the past, am I right?” Kyungsoo waited for Tanya to nod before continuing, “well, since then they had an epiphany which allowed them to realise that they need to give their idols some free time.” Kyungsoo shrugged. “I might be willing to devote some of that free time on my biggest fan.”

“Who said anything about biggest fan?” Tanyas asked, trying really hard to appear nonchalant but really fangirling on the inside. I mean, wouldn’t you, if you were on the receiving end of that beautiful smile?

“Oh well.” Kyungsoo perched atop the doctor’s desk. “By the way, why is the doctor not here?”

“It’s Sunday. The clinic isn’t open for too long on Sundays. It’s past 4pm and the doctor leaves at 3:30. I was just closing up, actually.” Tanya explained.

“Oh.” Kyungsoo’s shoulders drooped a little. “Am I holding you back? I’m seriously so sorry. You obviously want to do some sightseeing and enjoy yourself.”

“I’m enjoying myself plenty right now.” Tanya said, smiling when she saw Kyungsoo straighten up again. “SO, how will I be contacting you, or vice versa? Will you run into this alleyway, again?” Tanya teased.  

Kyungsoo threw his head back and laughed, Tanya watched his adam’s apple bounce up and down, biting her tongue in restraint.  “Gimme your phone.” He demanded, holding out his hand.

Tanya looked at him, one eye narrowed comically before unlocking her phone and handing it over, unsure if this was actually happening. Kyungsoo tapped away at the phone’s screen, before handing it back to Tanya, sure enough he had added himself as contact. More specifically, he had added “Favorite idol, OMG <3” as a contact, and had texted said contact.

Tanya looked over at Kyungsoo, “A little narcissistic, aren’t we?”

“I never said it was me,” Kyungsoo smirked “You just assumed.” He hopped off the desk and motioned to the TV monitor in the corner. “Looks like the saesangs gave up. I guess this means I can finally go home.”

Tanya stood up with Kyungsoo and the two walked over to the doors. “Hey, seriously, thank you so much for staying with me and saving me.” Kyungsoo looked at Tanya, sincerity laced his eyes. “And I really am glad I got to meet you.” He grinned at her and nudged her shoulder, lightly.

“You too.” Tanya grinned, insides melting at the intense look Kyungsoo gave her.

“Later.” He said, and before Tanya could react, he reached over and gave her a quick hug, pecking her cheek in the process. “Later!” He hollered, running out of the clinic, whooping. 

Tanya stood there, dumbfounded, hand over her cheek.

 

---X---

 

“Here. $20 is what we decided, I’m giving you guys $25 for being super convincing. A little too convincing. Seriously, I was legitimately scared for my life.” Kyungsoo handed over money to the girls standing ahead of him.

“Whatever, oppa.” The leader of the ‘saesangs’ rolled her eyes. “We just hope you finally got somewhere with your creepy crush.”

“It’s not creepy!” Kyungsoo protested, forking over more money.

“You saw her on the street when you were being driven to an interview, figured out where she works, planned out this entire event all in hopes of possibly getting her number. I’d call that a little creepy.” She said, popping her bubble gum. “But whatever, you do you. Or…her. Whatever.” Grinning cheekily, she walked off, leaving behind a flustered and red Kyungsoo.

A flustered, red, and extremely happy Kyungsoo. Because his plan worked.

. YES.