I dare you!

Post-Valentine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny was done from her club meeting in that day. And she cursed on her breath when she saw the night sky when she got out from the school. Detention to clean the club store room was her prize from being absent for a few meeting last months.

She took a look on her phone to check the time. ! An half of hour before she’ll be asked by the dorm security and reported to the dorm head mistress. And that meant trouble for her and a call from her parent. She ran for her life. Everything would be faster if the club store room wasn’t like a ghost house with spider webs, hundreds of unwashed brushes and dried ink splattered on the floor. Why she even applied for this calligraphy club at the first?!

Maybe she should apply for a sport one next year. She had just run for a couple of minutes and she already ran out of breath. Her dorm was still a few miles away. She didn’t know the road to the dormitory was this scary at night. She swore to herself to never miss any single of meeting or neither to go back late again.

And the spooky feeling went up drastically when Sunny felt being followed. She would take it as a paranoid if the dark figure behind her didn’t sped up as she walked a faster pace. Sunny wanted to run. She did, a small one. Her legs was about to give up. But after the corner, she’ll be close enough to her dorm and emitted her last energy to run. So she withstood the fatigue.

She knew that she won’t last long in maintaining her speed, but the shadow was getting nearer and nearer, approached her faster and faster from her peripheral eye view. She panicked, her fear hiked to , maybe this is why people couldn’t scream in horror movies, Sunny thought. They were too engulfed by the fear and voice was just suddenly disappeared without saying any goodbye. Sunny counted to three and she dashed before she reached the corner. She’s just 17 and there are still so many things she hasn’t accomplished. Heck, she hadn’t retaken her last failed chemistry test yet. Her school was average and she never had her first kiss. God is cruel if her life was taken before that happened.

Another step and she turned to the corner. She kept running, but the road felt unfamiliar to her. Sunny looked back, she didn’t see any shadow anymore. But she kept watching her back and ran forward. Then she bumped into something.

Someone.

No, three ones.

“Hey baby, alone?”, a new grown up boy voice hit her ear and her new fear. Her legs were tired from running, stepped backward to stay beyond their reach. They were shaking both from exhaustion and fear.

 

Hungry eyes scanned their new prey, another boy voice, ”All girl school huh? No boys there? How could you survive?”, a pathetic chuckle from him and triggered the other twos. Sunny wrapped herself tighter in her uniform. She paid attention to their clothes, another school not far from hers. Sunny cursed in her head, she took the wrong way and ended up by their territory.

 

A hand flew to touch Sunny’s chin but batted away by the target before it landed, “Wow. A tigress. Playing tough heh”, one of them bit his lower lips. Sunny looked away, too disgusted by the scene. She definitely couldn’t stand here longer and be eaten alive. But she couldn’t flee in her exhausted condition. She tried to control her breath and mustered energy as fast as she could.

 

The boys got closer, Sunny smelled alcohol and smoke. This wasn’t good. Using her left energy, Sunny ran back to the way she came, lips screamed for help in the dark and quite road. Three hysteric laughs almost covered her cry.

 

“Officers!! There they are!”, then, another voice came into the scene. It belonged to female.

 

And sound of running footsteps quickly followed after, coming from the corner where the new comer stood and pointed to the boys.

 

“! Let’s go”, One of them said and they stopped from chasing Sunny. Three pairs of drunken legs were running away to the opposite direction.

 

Sunny still ran until her legs gave out. Thankfully she was close enough within the reach of her helper to prevent her fall.

 

“You’re okay?”, the voice sounded so familiar. Sunny looked up.

 

“Kim Taeyeon?”, Sunny squinted her eyes to get a better vision in the dark road, her blurry eyes didn’t help her.

 

“Yes”, when the identity was confirmed by the person, Sunny tried to get away from her arms, but her legs failed her.

 

“Held your ego for a sec would you?! You couldn’t stand!”, Taeyeon was trying to hold Sunny’s weight and rejecting hands.

 

“I don’t need your help”, Sunny was still prying Taeyeon’s hands off.

 

Both of them ended kneeing on the road, “I’m your only hope here!”

 

“There are officers!”

 

“You thought they’re real?!”, Taeyeon kept her voice low for a moment, then she grabbed out her phone and pressed the stop button. The running footsteps were gone with the wind.

 

Now there were only Sunny’s heavy breathing and cicada sounds. Sunny sat on the street, stretching her legs out. With her heart pumped blood to every part of her body, Sunny withstood the winter wind.

 

Taeyeon shook her head at Sunny’s stubbornness, “Are you going to sit here all n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter