It isn't a figment

Post-Valentine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come to the rooftop when school’s over”

That was what written in a note Sunny found on her locker. A usual note book paper with pink stripes, with a terrible handwriting. Oh… And instead of a full paper, it was torn in half, when I said torn it was like… torn, without ruler or any stationery that might help to create a better cut. Sunny would think whoever had sent this letter was looking for a fight if she wasn’t familiar with that, almost unreadable scribble.  It has been, what? A month? Sunny found a carton of strawberry milk in her locker every morning. And she drank it, every single of them. Well, it was meant to be for her and it was free. It would be wasted if she threw it away. And strawberry tastes the best. Oooh yeahhh, the ultimate reason why she didn’t care that the fact she drank it was a good sign for whoever sent it to her, was because the strawberry flavor is her favorite. And she didn’t even check its expiration date.

And a stick note with poetry. On the bottom of the carton.

And Sunny didn’t bother to read it fully or understand since she knew that the person might copy it from the internet, or maybe it was because the hurricane-like handwriting that killed the romantic feelings in the poetries. To be honest, this was the first time that she read the note until end.

Sunny immediately decided her mind to meet this person. Not that she was flattered or grateful, okay, maybe half grateful for the strawberry milk. But, she was curious about who is she.

Yes, she.

Sunny applied for an all-girl school and the person who sent all those milks must be a ‘she’ right? Sunny thought she never would want it to be a ‘he’…. because the only males in that school that exist are teachers and gardener. And she scrunched her face at her own thought.

Or maybe another reason why Sunny would want to meet her was to ask her to stop doing this. With a half-hearted will, Sunny definitely enjoys the strawberry milks. However, Sunny still thought about the other person, how much money had been spent for those milks and it was still money, so whoever she is, she should stop wasting her parents money.

So, that was it. She’s going to the rooftop this afternoon.

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

School was over and Sunny lied to her friend about her having a club meeting so she could get away from the questions that would be thrown at her like machine gun if she didn’t.

And here she was, On the rooftop after her last class.

And it was empty. And cold. It was still February after all.

“ this! It must be a prank!”, she groaned and headed back to the door.

Then it happened quickly, Sunny was grabbing the door handle while someone from the other side pushed the door towards her. And Sunny ended up fell on her and a hit on her forehead.

‘It must be karma after drinking those strawberry milks’

The person who appeared behind the door immediately helped Sunny up and muttering hundreds of sorry. Oh shoot! It was a girl. Sunny didn’t have to worry about a janitor fell for her charm then.

 

“You’re the one who called me here?”, Sunny asked while rubbing her forehead.

 

“Y-yes. Are you okay?”, The girl bit her lips and eyes filled with worry.

 

Sunny did an OK sign, “What for?”

 

“W-well, you must be know that I’m the one who-“

 

“Yeah, I know. And before you talk further, I suggest you to stop sending me the milk”

 

“But you seemed to enjoy it”

 

The first eye contact was made.

 

Shamelessly, ”Yeah I did. But you should stop wasting your parents money”, Sunny said.

 

“Well it’s not wasting”

 

“And why it isn’t?”

 

“Because the milks are my efforts to woo you”

 

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows, “You think that I’m a cow or something?”, Sunny took it as an insult. The fact that she drank the milk didn’t mean she accepted her will.

 

“Of course not!”, the girl seemed in panic and nervous, “you know that I also sent poetry”

 

“Yeah, and I barely could read them because of your hand writing!”

 

“Well, I need to disguise it or you would know it’s me!” Both of them unknowingly started to yell at each other.

 

“And how the hell I could?!”, Sunny stared disbelievingly, ”There are hundreds of students in this school and you’re expecting me to be able to identify you by only your handwriting? Then why you don’t copy Times New Roman so I’ll mistake you as a computer?”

The girl’s jaw hung loose, her expression clearly showed that she didn’t expect this at all. She took a deep breath before she replied, “Look Sunny,” frustration could be seen in the girl’s face,” the reason why I called you here to not to pick a fight, instead I want to-“, she cleared ,” tell you my feelings”

Sunny’s silence gave the latter cue to continue.

She gulped down, lips opened and closed for a couple of times before she said, “Well, I like you”

 

Sunny’s uninterested face was definitely not the girl has been expected either. The girl felt like jumping off the roof.

 

Sunny replied while crossing her arms, “And then?” Okay maybe she would jump right now.

 

But she held on, “ You should be happy”

 

“And why I should?”, Sunny pursed her lips.

 

“Because It’s me who said I like you?”

 

Sunny scoffed, she looked up and down at the girl’s appearance, “You? Who the hell are you?” That totally threw off the latter’s pride.

 

The girl’s look on Sunny saying ‘ You gotta be kidding me’ but immediately changed when she saw a pure unfamiliarity in Sunny’s face.

 

“I’m Kim Taeyeon”, so she spelled out her name, hoping for an acknowledgment from Sunny.

 

“Oh! You’re Kim Taeyeon?! Seriously?!”, Sunny suddenly plastered a huge grin on her face.

 

“That sounds familiar to you?”, pride was written on Taeyeon’s forehead.

 

“Not at all”, as soon as the grin appeared, it disappeared. And once again, Taeyeon’s pride rainbow was gone.

 

“I won a gold medal for our school swimming club”, Taeyeon still didn’t believe Sunny, something was wrong in that girl’s head. And that brought her ego to surface.

 

“What is the connection of me, being happy with you, won a gold medal? Because you’re someone famous?”

 

Taeyeon nods her head in hesitation, “Anyone would say yes when I asked them out”, and her ego started to turn to anger, “Hell, they even would pay me!”

 

Taeyeon’s words triggered Sunny’s wrath, ”And you know what?! I don’t freaking care who you are or what medal you won for this damn school. I won’t say a yes just because you’re someone ing famous!”, Sunny walked to the exit door and Taeyeon almost wanted to yell wait before Sunny stopped midway, she turned to face Taeyeon who was with anger and confusion and disbelief mixed in her eyes,” I hate famous people! Thanks for your strawberry milks!”

 

Then Sunny storm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter