f i ve

Silent Love

 

 

 

A week passed at the Jaeguk High and Hayoung finally could adapt herself in the place. She was getting closer to Chanyeol and his friends and also her classmates. There was no more awkward silence when she needed to work in pair with her classmates. Yes, here in Jaeguk, the teachers really liked to assign work in pair, and the teacher chose the students. Of course Hayoung at first felt really awkward with them but as time went by, she finally be her usual self. With Chanyeol and his friends, she could be as loud as she was with her friends in Shin Hee but not with Sehun. There was still a thick wall between them. She couldn’t break that wall. Yet.

Hayoung walked down the hallway with Kai. Like usual, Kai’s arm wrapped around her shoulder and she did nothing to it; not even trying to remove it. She was used to this. Looking at how close these two were, the Jaeguk’s students had already jumped into their own conclusion, saying they were a couple. It was started since their first day in here actually; when Kai called her ‘buttercup’ out loud. It was when Kai was waiting for her in front of her class.

“Buttercup,”

She turned her face on him and gave him a sweet smile, “what did I say about calling me buttercup?”

“You like it.”

She heaved a huge sigh. She could never win whenever she argued with him so the best thing to do was giving up. There was no point in arguing over this small matter with him. That was so childish of them to argue over this.

“Okay, whatever Kai. So what the things did you want to say to me?”

“Oh, me and Luhan are planning to go out after school,” he told her what he wanted to say earlier. Since he came here last week, he never spent his time with his friends in Shin Hee High. He was just too busy adjusting himself in here. So did Hayoung. So last night, Luhan called him, asking for hanging out together after school.

“What about the girls? They are in too right? Then, I am,” she claimed in excitement. She had a lot to tell the girls. Gossiping through the phone sure didn’t sound fun, so she waited the time when they could hang out together.

“Okay then,” Kai replied as they stopped in front of Hayoung’s class. “See you later, buttercup,” he said to Hayoung as she walked into the class.

“Yeah, superman,” she replied lazily, not even looking at his face.

 

 

 

“Oh my god, superman? Buttercup? God, you guys are so sweet.” There came a voice from the behind as soon as she went to her seat. Who else if it wasn’t Jihyun? The girl who was so busy body but luckily she got a nice personality; well except for the busy body one.

“Jihyun-ah, we are not in any kind of relationship. We are just friend,” she explained after turn her face on Jihyun, didn’t want Jihyun to misunderstand it.

“Whatever you say Hayoung,” she smiled as she stood up, walking out from the class.

Hayoung just eyed Jihyun steps. It was sure hard to convince Jihyun that she wasn’t in relationship with Kai. Not only to convince Jihyun, but everyone. You see, the closeness between those two was to the extend people would never think that they were just friends. Just when she wanted to drift her eyes to the book on the table, she caught a glimpse on Naeun and Sehun who were walking together. What Jihyun said last week replayed on her mind.

“We never knew they were a couple. They never talked to each other at the school. But then, there was this one day, these two were walking together and they looked so intimate and it turned out they were dating for three months already. No one knew about that,” Jihyun told her. “Well, except your close friend and his close friends,” she continued, looking at Naeun.

“That was the first time I saw Sehun smile for a girl.”

Hayoung shook her head remembering that. ‘C’mon Oh Hayoung, he isn’t the only guy on this planet, she thought to herself.

“Hey, what are you thinking right now, huh?” Naeun softly slapped her hand, snapped her out from her day dream.

“Uh, nothing,” she shook her head.

“By the way, let’s hang out together after school,” Naeun asked her.

Hayoung gave that a thought. She wanted to hang out with Naeun and Namjoo, but she already promised Kai to hang out with her friends. Plus, she just couldn’t cancel it. She had a lot, like really a lot of stories to tell the girls.

“I already promised my friends to hang out with them today,” she told Naeun.

“Isn’t that good? We can hang out together!” Naeun claimed in excitement. “I can meet your friends too,” she continued. There was a hint of joy in her tone.

“Sure,” Hayoung agreed. It sounded like a good idea to her. It sounded fun to her. Plus, they could know each other too.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“So, you will have a new project and the period to finish this project is two weeks,” the teacher said as soon as she settled herself down on the chair. “This project is important so make sure you guys do your best,” she stopped for a while before continuing again, “class rep, come here.”

A guy who was in front of Sehun stood up and went to the teacher. She handed him papers which was their project outline and asked the class representative to give them to the students. He took the papers and handed it to everyone in the class.

Hayoung and Naeun took a glance at the paper once they got it. It was a project of creating video based on topics given. They needed to choose a topic and make a video of it. Both of them heaved such a huge sigh after reading it; there was none of the topics that sounded interesting. The topics seemed like it was easy, but not interesting.

“For this project, you can choose your own partner. Just choose anyone who you want to work with,” the teacher informed them, making all of them smile in happiness. It was easy to work with people who they chose by themselves instead of chosen by the teacher.

Naeun and Hayoung looked at each other upon hearing that. Of course they wanted to do the project together. A week Hayoung was here, the teacher never put them as partners whenever they did assignment. Now that the teacher let them choose their partner, of course they would use this opportunity.

“Oh, and the paperwork you guys gave last week, for the camping that you guys want so badly, I already handed it to the principal. So, we probably will get the confirmation by next week,” she told them. The students had been planning the camping since last two months but just finished the paper work last week.

“What camping?” Hayoung asked Naeun, she was still blurred about the camping things.

“We actually plan a camping trip, it’s only our class. But, it is only if the principal approves that. If not, then it will not happen,” Naeun explained to her.

“Only this class? Means no Kai, Chanyeol, Kris and Namjoo?”

Naeun nodded, left Hayoung with her lips forming an ‘O’ shape. If the camping was approved by the principal, she was thinking either it was okay for her not to join that. She didn’t feel like joining it without Kai.

“By the way Hayoung, what topic should we choose for the project?”

“I don’t know,” Hayoung shrugged.

“You choose. All of them seem boring to me,” Naeun bluntly said. “Why do we need to do this?”

“I think the ‘ The World Would Be Better If…’ is good topic. We can discuss a lot about this topic.”

“Whatever you choose, Hayoung. You know better. I’ll just follow you,” Naeun claimed. She wasn’t that interested in the topic. All the topics to be honest. She was expecting some interesting topics when they teacher said they needed to make a video by the topics given. “So how will we do this?”

“We can just interview random students a few questions about that,” Hayoung shrugged. That was the only idea popped out on her mind at the time. Maybe a great idea would come later.

“That’s a good idea! But, I don’t want to interview any of our close friends. It’s no fun. I have my own list already,” Naeun said while smiling widely. A few names came across her mind the moment Hayoung mentioned ‘random students’.

“Okay, it’s not like I know everyone anyway.”

“Then, let me tell you some of them; Hyuk, Hongbin, Taehyung, Jimin, Mark and Jb.”

“All of them are boy?”

“Yes. Do we need girls too?”

“Not really. It’s up to you. By the way, if I ask this question, what will be your answer? I need to know what kind of answer they will give us. ”

“What question?”

“What would make the world a better place?”

“No doubt, if there was no that guy,” she answered while her index finger pointed at Oh Sehun, making Hayoung to frown.

“I’m serious, Naeun.”

“I’m serious too. Like seriously, my life would be better without him, I guess.”

 

 


[032115] hi my lovelies !! I can't wait to write the camping chapter, but I think it would be in chapter eight or nine, or something like that. By the way, I might write the part when they hang out together in the next chapter. Which pairing do you like to read, KrisxChorong? ChanyeolxBomi or others? Just comment below.