Three

Secretly, Truly

He was skilled, even after months of being inactive. All of the props were damaged or mangled in such a way that it can not be used again.

Ryuhwan could feel the competitiveness in him coming up. He was able to do this after one month, but his injuries were nothing compared to Haerang's. And his rival was able to do it in two months.

He wants blood. Right now. He stepped forward, and before Haerang could take another breath, he attacked.

With a right hook blocked by his arm, Haerang winced, but slowly began to laugh. At first it was a silent chuckle, and then it developed to a blood thirsty laugh that chilled the NIS agents outside to the bone. As soon as one of the captains attempt to go in, Chief Seo blocked them calmly. "Let them be." He ordered.

"B-but, Chief! They are going to kill eachother!" One of the agents protested.

Seo Soohyuk glared at the agent. "This is exactly why you are not higher in the food chain, kid."

Back to the fight, Haerang has a leg around Ryuhwan's waist, but Ryuhwan twisted one of Haerang's arm around, the cracking sounds loud in the training room. They pushed eachother apart, and rushed back with fists blazing.

To people outside, it looks like a dance―but it has no grace, no pattern, no predictability. To them, it feels exhilarating.

They tightened their fists on each other's arms. They were locked in position― Haerang can't pushed down Ryuhwan, and he couldn't move.

The door opened with slow clapping sounds. "Good job boys." Seo Soohyuk clapped slowly, carrying with him a few thick files. They eyed it with interest, but quickly pretended to ignore it. It looks pretty important,

Haerang relaxed with a huff, and plopped down on the floor. He rolled up his training pants, and unwrapped his knee brace. "Aish, this thing is so annoying. " he complained. He folded his arms under his head, and stretched comfortably.

"Then don't wear it." Ryuhwan replied dryly.

Haerang snorted. "Well, thank you so much, Captain."

With a flick of his hand, Soohyuk distributed their files. "These will be your covers. We have decided that you guys are well off enough to live on your own. However, I will check up on you every few weeks to 'see if you are fitting in.'" He quoted with his fingers.

Haejin flipped over his file, and frowned. "Chief, why am I going back to the village?" He questioned. "Is Captain also going back?"

Ryuhwan opened his file silently, and shifted through the papers. There's nothing similar between him and Haejin, only that they live a few miles away from each other. "Aniyo, Haejin-ya." He smiled softly at the lost looking boy.

"Play your role well, kid." Haerang smirked. At least he is going in the industries.

The files were soon lighted up in fire, the papers crinkling and smoke rising up in the air.

Kim Soohyun, 23, male, youngest psychologist in history, asked for long time leave because of family problems.

Kim Minsoo, 23, male, trainee in JME, asked for long leave because of car accident injury.

Lee Haejin, 19, male, adopted brother of Kim Minsoo, hight school student, part time worker at a convenience store.


In his black jacket, black pants, and dark beanie, he stood on the rooftop. It is the middle of the night, and the streets are empty and cold. He just wanted to see if the people in his village are doing well.

Dooseok, according to the gossip around the ladies, have passed the exam, and now is one of the nicer officers in central Seoul. What Ryuhwan sees is still the guy that tried to teach him to fight, and taken a fight for him. He still looks like the quick tempered son of the old lady.

The old ahjumma stopped coughing. Her cheeks are fuller, and she doesn't look as sick anymore. Remembering the words he scratched on the wall behind the picture, he smiled slightly, and ran lightly to the barber's house.

It seems as if Chiwoong has grown up already. Mr. Park treats his lady well. The Hwang brothers matured so much, he thought. He raised his head, and blinked rapidly. There is no reason to cry. It's just the lights from the house is too bright even for his eyes.

Next, he climbed up to old man Go's yard. There is light still streaming through the windows, and there are sounds of a child laughing. He ran closer, and saw an American couple and Heo Jeomran, all around a boy a bit older than Chiwoong. He assums that is Ran's son. She's cooing at the child, smiles happily. There are broken English and Chinese and Korean being spoken, but the language barrier doesn't stop the peaceful atmosphere.

Haerang's guitar is still in front of his yard. Looking closely, he can see a line of words on the guitar. Come back, boy......

The Yoon's house has not much special, but it seems that Yoon Yoojoo is more grown up now―there are multiple awards and trophies stacked in his wall, and many family picture.

Everyone has changed so much....

He closed his eyes in satisfaction. There are no more reasons to worry about them anymore. This period of his life is over.


2 years later

Footsteps echo in the corridor of the hospital. The younger one grimaced. He has always hated the smell of disinfectants.

Haerang, apparently, blocked another bullet. Ryuhwan confirmed in irritation.

Soon after they received their files two years ago, Haerang started training with his company, and debuted a year ago, with some girly guy called Lee Taeik. They are either fighting like little kids, or loveydovey to the point where they want to barf.

Insanely popular, Haerang managed to not see Haejin and Ryuhwan for over six months. And Soohyuk requests meetings every few weeks. That .

Haejin has noticeably grown taller, and soft, dull edges has worn out to a full blown adult with a sharp face. But there's still that worship and the follower in him that loves Ryuhwan.

Their life has been peaceful, until someone decided to attack Take One. The director analyzed the bullet, and made a conclusion no one truly shocked at. The traitor was captured and thrown in Korea's harshest jail.

However, Haerang is still in the hospital and Taeik is still acting like a tsundere, whatever that means. Ryuhwan heard that from one of Haejin's new friends.

In his room, Haejin is confused. "Why?" He asked.

Haerang's eyes flickered from one corner of the room to another. "Why what?"

"Why did you block the bullet for that guy?" Haejin asked. He could never understand why someone would sacrifice themselve for someone else. Unless it's Ryuhwan Hyung of course.

He laughed painfully. "You won't understand, brat." He pushed himself off the bed, grappling for a support blindly. Haejin rushed forward to support him.

He looked away in embarrassment. "Aish, I can walk, okay?"

"You will be discharged tomorrow. And President is asking for you already." Taeik said from his position again the wall. They didn't hear him come in.Next to him, Ryuhwan looks tiny. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Don't be stupid next time." After that, he pushed himself off, and walked out of door with jerky movements.

The three watched him go with critical eyes. Haerang rubbed his hair in frustration. "Aish, the nerve of that guy. Bastard." He reached for a none existent pack of cigarettes. Finding nothing, he huffed in anger.

"Talk to him." Ryuhwan suggested. "He's scared and traumatized right now."

"Why are there so many girls screaming outside? The police can't manage them. They're asking for you, Kim Minsoo. What the ? And why weren't you hear for our meetings? The director's in prison, you know that right?" The Chief sounds very troubled, firing one question after another. "What are you going to do now?"

Haerang smiled at him smugly. "They're our fans, Chief. Of course they will be here. Don't you know that?" His smile has a certain amount of tension in them, suggesting he does not actually like the occasion. "Ya, Chief. The president is coming over soon. I think you should go."

They could already hear thundering footsteps from the corridor, a stiff contrast to when the Chief entered. The door opened with a bang, and a furious and guilty president barged in.

"What the hell, Kim Minsoo. Did you know how worried we were? The company had to deal everything in your absence. Did you know how worried me and Taeik was? Aish, kid. Don't scare us next time." He appears to just noticed the other people in the room, Ryuhwan being just barely avoided being smashed into a pie behind the door.

He bowed hastily. "I'm apologize for my rude entry. We were very worried about him."

The Chief dismissed it with a flick of his hand. "It's fine, President Hwang." He flashed his badge at him. "I'm Seo Soohyuk of the Korean National Intelligence System. The shooting at the stadium is directly linked to some threats we are trying to take care of right now. I would appareciate it if you can help us."

President Hwang rubbed his neck awkwardly. "Ah... Once again, I apologize. I will do my best to help you."

"Let's talk outside, and give the kids some rest." Their voice faded as they walked farther from the door. Haerang snorted. "Aish, it's like they come for a moment and then they go and then come back and then go again. What the ?" Haejin shrugged. "They will probably come back again."

They sat in silence for a while, the only noise being the beeping from the machine. Haejin fidgeted in his seat, clearly uncomfortable in this silence.

"What does he know?" Ryuhwan asked the singer.

"Nothing." He replied coolly.

"What did he see?" He continued to ask.

"Why? Are you scared we will be revealed?" Haerang fires back.

Ryuhwan nodded his head. "Yes. You are in the public. One wrong move, one wrong behaviour could make the people find out who you are. And then we will be out in the open."

Haerang snorted. "Yeah right." He continues to play around with the phone given to him by the president. "Ya, brat. Do you know how to use this thing? Three years in the South, and i still din't know how to use a cell." He shook his head. "Shameful."

Ryuhwan quickly covered his mouth. "Kim Minsoo, what if there was someone there? They could hear you!" He hissed.

They looked around suspiciously. "Seriously, Ryuhwan. There's no one. Do you not trust my senses?" Haerang rolled his eyes. He hopes no one saw his little episode with the wrong intuition in the village.

Taeik watches this from the door quietly, and retreated back to the front lobby. This is a private moment for the three people. He didn't want to intrude.

He doesn't want to know what down to the South means, but he hopes that it's not what he thinks it is. He flashed back to a few months ago, when Minsoo changed without realizing Taeik's presence.

Over the short one and a half year he had known the diva like man, he never understood much about him. Under the seemingly innocent face, he finds nothing. Nothing on his background, his family, his past, his blood type... Nothing. It's like as if he never existed before these two years.

What he never expected was the crisscross of scars on his back, the kind that he has only seen in the movies. In his haste to leave him to his privacy, he bumped his foot on the stand.

Minsoo stilled and turned around slowly. His face is already plastered with a smirk. "Ya, Lee Taeik. I know you love my body, but stop staring at it."

He narrowed his eyes, and huffed. "Don't think too highly of yourself, Kim Minsoo. Manager Hyung is expecting us in half an hour. Get dressed." He straightened his back, and walked out as if nothing happened.


He didn't dwell on that for long, soon overwhelmed by a stupid cat and the unfair hours of idols.