One

Secretly, Truly

Does violence count as Mature content? Im sorry guys. i hope you'll enjoy this.


Haejin grew up so much. He thought wistfully. It felt like that day when he stabbed the boy's thigh was just a week ago. But now, the kid's the one protecting his worthless captain from the south Koreans. And this trash captain couldn't even save Haerang.

The rooftop feels higher than it actually is. When Haerang pushed the general off the rooftop, Ryuhwan expected a big explosion. Haejin had threw a metal stick into Comrade Colonel's wrist, and the bomb fell off before them. As they were dragged down by gravity, Haerang threw him a look that he did not detect in his haze.

In Front of them are the SWAT team. And the NIS Chief. His mind started racing again, trying a way to preserve his and Haejin's life. They had promised Comrade Choi.

His eyes flickered from Haejin to Seo Soohyuk and then to the men behind the NIS Captain. The Director had ordered SWAT to kill them. Captain Seo wanted to save them. He was willing to give a position to them. Haejin is in denial.

He needs to take care of Haejin first. "Haejin-ya. That's enough."  Ryuhwan called softly.

The boy looked at him. "But Captain....." His hero looked so weak, so tired. The most he could do is listen to him.

"Captain Seo. We are willing to compromise." He stared at the SWAT men behind the Chief, daring them to fire.

Startled by his iron will, the guns slowly began pointing to the ground. "What are you doing? Kill the North Korean bastards! Don't leave any alive!" The director shouted from their comm.

Seo Soohyuk sighed in exasperation, and took it out. "Please do continue, Captain Won. We will try to fulfill your wish."

He limped up, drew up to his full height, and looked down to where Haerang and Kim Taewon fell off." If you are willing to save Haerang, then we will see."

Haejin felt as if a full ton of bricks fell through his throat." Captain.... Captain Haerang is dead. You saw the explosion...He would have bleed out by now..."

Ryuhwan looked at him through the droplets of blood from his hair. "You still have not grown up so much, Haejin-ya." He walked to him slowly, and ruffled his hair. "Haerang is much strong than Taewon."

Haejin looks at him wide eyed, unable to answer. As much as he wants to feel jealousy, he can't. He and Captain, and Captain and Captain Haerang have different relationships. It will not do to compare them.

Captain Soohyuk stares at them unwaveringly. "We will see. But please, you guys need treatment. Please come with us."

He raised a hand as he hears the comm crackle again. " SWAT. Hold the fire. Take any North Koreans alive as prisoners. I will take care of these two." They can hear the director's frustrated yell, and that barely cracked a smile from Ryuhwan.

"Haejin." He called softly to the frozen boy. "Let's go. We will not have to be dogs for the South Korean. We will still have our own life, Haejin-ah. Please don't hesitate."

Haejin's mind is a jumble of thought. But he still doesn't understand, how could captain know his thoughts so easily. "L-let's go." He said shakily, and collapsed on the ground. Ryuhwan shook his head fondly, and dragged him up and down the stairs. He could feel a dull ache on his back, but he'll deal with that later. Haejin, is right now his priority.


Seo Soohyuk is already down with Haerang, transporting him to one of the vehicles. He knows that he will get s from the director, but at this point, he doesn't even care anymore. These three are still kids, they still deserve to live a little. "Vehicle one and two, return to headquarters. Vehicle three, wait for my command."

"Yes, sir!"

Even if they were brought up as monsters and trained as wild dogs, they will live as a human if he can help it.