Final

Let Me Win Your Love

There's only a matter of two things Taemin hates the most: arrogant people and Kai.

Technically, Kai isn't an object to consider as a "thing." However, trash is an object. Also, Taemin views Kai's personality as trash so therefore, Kai is trash. (It's great that he is applying transitive property that he learned in algebra into real life situations. His eighth grade math teacher would be so proud.) Plus, Kai is an arrogant person, so that narrows the two of the things Taemin hates into one: people who act like Kai.

In the middle of a conversation with his friend, Kyungsoo pauses and his head toward the door. Taemin does not need to turn around to know that trouble is coming. Trouble goes by the nickname of Kim Kai.

There is a theory that Taemin truly believes in. If he does not acknowledge Kai's existence, then he will be convinced that he is not in the same room as that waste of atoms. He closes his eyes despite the image of Kai sashaying arrogantly to the seat behind him plays in vivid. The chair screeches obnoxiously as Kai pulls it out to sit on. Oh he is so doing that on purpose.

A pen pokes Taemin on the side. If I pretend he doesn't exist then he doesn't exist if I just pretend—

"Are you speaking to the gods so they can grant you a date with me?" Taemin’s theory isn't true to its words.

Taemin immediately opens his eyes to send daggers at Kai. "Ha ha," he replies monotonously. "Get over yourself."

Just as Taemin turns around to continue his conversation with Kyungsoo, Kai jabs him with the pen. Again.

"What!" he raises his voice, gaining looks by his classmates. At this point, they are all used to the arguments and commotions between two of them, so Taemin could give two s about the extra attention. Kai gives him a lopsided smile.

"Your eye bags are darker than ever. Did you sleep?” His mouth quirked up in arrogance. “Don't you need to grow a couple more inches?"

Kyungsoo scrunches up his face in discomfort. He is considered one of the shorter boys in school, but he never got any remarks from anyone. So hearing Kai throwing around comments about his taller friend's height causes him to be quite offended.

"And how is that your business?" Taemin tries hard not to punch Kai in the face. He can't risk damaging his perfect record because of his hatred on a person. Though there are many times the temptations were influencing Taemin's thoughts to do the opposite of calm.

Kai shrugs in nonchalant. "Just pointing out the obvious."

The teacher arrives in class right before Taemin can say something insulting back. Instead, he sits through the class setting up visuals and ideas for Kai's funeral.  

 

 

To trail back to the catalyst of their mutual rivalry status, it all starts in fourth grade. Taemin has always been one of the brightest kids in his class, passing with the highest marks. Then one day, a new kid shows up. His face caught Taemin’s eyes, thinking in discreet that he was rather cute. Taemin was convinced that the gods were on his side, hence, new kid sat behind him in homeroom. Every time he has to pass papers down, he makes sure to turn all the way just to smile at the said boy while making the obviously-not-so-obvious eye contact. He learns to know that his name is Kai.

Kai was quiet until his popularity increases, boys and girls were fond of him and they still are now. He has all the qualities of the school’s ideal boy: smart, athletic, teachers’ pet, and quite charming. Taemin was astonished that someone was as smart as him and he liked the idea.

Taemin never forgets a particular afternoon, right after lunch. He was minding his own business until he heard a snip. He turned around in horror, spotting Kai with scissors and Taemin’s own lock of hair forming a party on the floor. His precious hair. He had them at shoulder length since kindergarten because it was something he was proud of. He was famous for ‘that smart kid with the pretty, long hair.’ Taemin’s life flashed in front of him, knowing that from then on he would only be known as ‘that smart kid.’

Taemin’s head bubbled in anger. He spoke to the boy for the first time. Spitting words out through gritted teeth. “Why. Did. You. Do. That.”

Kai shrugged, setting the scissors down. Taemin held down urges to take the sharp instrument and cut the boy’s precious body parts. He was too young to be sent to juvenile. Said boy spoke in a calming manner, as if he hadn’t just ruined Taemin’s life, “Your hair bothered me.”

Taemin went home that day with his pride hanging on his shoulders. He didn’t cry. His parents was convinced that Taemin had done it to himself to purposely drop the girly hairstyle. Not only his hair had changed, but opinions of Kai did too. Kai’s intelligence began to be his competition; Kai’s charm became arrogance in his eyes; Kai’s athletic abilities was then seen as annoying.

Everything nice he had thought about Kai were deleted from his mind, and he replaced them with pure hatred.

 

 

 

So deep in old memories, Taemin barely catches up with reality. Kyungsoo yells for him to watch out but he’s too slow to let that caution sinks in. The ball aims straight to his face, smacking in great impact to the point he falls and plants his down the cold cement. He mutters a series of curses in a manner that would make ears go deaf. A person jogs up along with Kyungsoo. Taemin is so busy with his headache that he didn't realize Choi Minho was expressing apologies toward him.

Minho is the captain of the soccer team and also a close friend of Kai. A thought of Kai is worse than a concession, which would be one of the possible things Taemin could be having right now after that blow. He looks up to see a worried Minho extending his hands out. He is saying something that Taemin doesn’t hear. He grabs it as Kyungsoo hurries by his side to steady him to his feet.

A familiar voice approaches behind him. "Nice shot. Right, Choi?"

Taemin forgets Kai is also part of the soccer team. He whirls around and regrets it immediately as the ache in his head worsen. So, he does his best to narrow his eyes at the latter. "You did that?"

Kai runs his fingers through his hair, ignoring the bundle of flames emitting from Taemin. "I can't take credits. It’s all my buddy here." He pats Minho on the shoulder with pride. "Great angle by the way, can’t believe you aren’t at the world cup yet."

Minho shakes his head and swats Kai's hand away, looking at Taemin. "I swear it was not on purpose."

He sighs. "Your apology is accepted. But I'm not so sure about him." Taemin nudges his chin at Kai.

Minho furrows his brows as Kai opens his mouth to speak, "Come on, your brain is not that useful, a little hit wouldn't change anything."

The soccer player hisses at him as the same time as Taemin says, "Let see if yours would be any difference if I knocked your skulls."

By routine, Kyungsoo knows it’s his time to tug Taemin by the arms and convinces him to leave the matter. "Be nice," he reminds him.

Taemin scoffs indignantly. "No, I am nice. It's him that isn’t capable of that specific trait." He wonders how Minho manages to deal with Kai.

It’s the first time that Taemin witnessed a blank look on the cocky boy’s face. "I can so be nice."

A brow quirks up. "Yeah? Prove it."

Kai’s face returns back to its original demeanor. He sends Taemin a confident smile. "I will. On the other hand, you can't be nice to me without thinking of ripping my head off."

The other three can’t help but agree internally. Taemin’s voice drops in a mutter. "That’s false."

Kai looks unfazed, not listening to Taemin’s words. He continues, "How about this? If one of us who cannot withstand being nice to the other will lose and have to accept a challenge."

A silence whisks through the air.

Kai speaks again, "What’s that? Are you afraid you can’t be nice? Or are you afraid of falling for my kindness along the way?"

Competitiveness courses inside Taemin, causing him to raise his volume. He snarls, "Course not! I’m certain that your will be kicked into loserville. Don’t cry when I reject your love confession."

The corner of Kai’s lips begins to twitch in amusement. "First one to admit feelings will also immediately loses."

"Game on, then." Taemin nods firmly, then directing his attention to Minho and Kyungsoo, who both wear expressionless faces. "Our friends will be the judges."

With that, Kai and Minho strut back to the soccer field, leaving Taemin wondering what he has gotten himself into.

 

 

 

The first act of "kindness" happens right after English. Taemin almost trips and eats dirt along with from the ground when a hand securely wraps around his waist from behind. He stammers midway of a thank you until he faces his savior and recognizes familiar features.

"Careful, princess." Kai winks and it makes Taemin nauseous all over.

"Don’t ing call me princess," he mumbles. It takes a second for him to remember that he is in a middle of a bet with the person he hates the most.

"What was that?" Kai grins.

"I said, thank you and sorry for being careless." He returns a fake smile to stage his good behavior. Taemin untangles himself from Kai’s arm with a mental note to burn the damn shirt and shower in steaming hot water later. Kai’s cooties, ew.

Kai laughs in amusement and Taemin knows he would have lost if he secretly wants to reach out his hands to strangle Kai’s throat.

 

 

 

Taemin thinks he is a little behind with the bet. He hates to admit that Kai is up with his game, showing polite behavior at every possible opportunity. Kai has already picked up his pencil twice, opened the door for him about five times, saved him from tripping that one time, and hasn’t said anything to provoke Taemin to murder him. He finds it almost difficult to be nice to Kai so instead, he avoids the latter like the plaque. Without Kai’s irritating side, it grows so peaceful that it was almost unsettling.

During English, he can’t concentrate because of the thoughts poking at the corners of his mind. He thinks of ways to be convey that he is capable of being nice, though it seems useless. He wants to puke at the ideas he comes up with and swears to never think of them ever again.

Taemin drifts his attention back to his teacher who is currently too enthusiastic about the upcoming project she is going to assign. Yippie. He nearly jumps out of his seat when the teacher says, “I’m going to pick your partners.”

The class groans and Taemin can’t help but also agree that it’s a bad idea. His eyes meet Kai’s and they wear a look that indicate ‘what are the chances we will be partners?’

It’s impossible, Taemin convinces himself. There are thirty-two students in clas excluding Taemin, therefore it is approximately one in thirty-two chances that he will end up with Kai. There again, applying math to real life situations – algebra was quite useful.

His teacher shouts off names in pairs while the percentage of having Kai as a partner increases. Taemin sits restlessly when there are only three students left excluding himself in which she hasn’t call out. Slacker Sehun, Kim Kibum and said boy. Taemin closes his eyes and tries to reach the gods, telling them that he will be a better person even if he pairs up with Slacker Sehun and he doesn’t even mind if he has to do all the work –

“Lee Taemin,” his teacher speaks monotonously, “and Kim—” please be Kibum please be Kibum please be "—Kai."

Taemin doesn’t hear the protests from the students—telling his teacher that it wasn’t fair she paired up the smartest kids in class together—because he is pondering if it is possible to dig a hole then and there to live in it forever.

His teacher waves a dismissing hand at her students. “Get started, you guys have ten minutes to discuss.”

Being with Kai means he cannot avoid him, therefore, he has to be nice. If he can lift the classroom’s carpet and use a shovel to remove a space under the groun—

“Hey partner.” Although Kai seems more polite now, Taemin notices he still keeps his egotistic edge.

Taemin sighs. Reality like a . “Okay let’s get this over with. Where are we meeting?”

Kai drops down on the empty seat in front of Taemin, crossing a leg over the other. “My place or yours?” He winks.

Taemin overlooks the stupid innuendo and replies as nicely as possible, “Neither. We’re meeting at the library after school, okay?”

Taemin almost believes that Kai looks disappointed until he remembers that the latter is actually good at acting. Which added to one of the qualities that made Kai annoying. “Can’t. Soccer practice after school. You can come to my house on weekends though.”

“Why your house?”

Kai sits back, a playful look showing from his eyes. “I have to babysit my sister because my parents have to leave for work. Plus, it prevents you to make a move on me.”

Taemin bites down a scowl that was about to form on his face. “Whatever, fine.”

 

 

From: Taemin
guess what just happened

From: Kyungsoo
wat
it better be good bcus mr kwon is about txting in class so if i get in trouble ur buying me food

From: Taemin
ok fine guess who partnered up with he-who-must-not-be-named

From: Kyungsoo
hmm harry potter? or ron? hermione?

From: Taemin
u think ur hilarious don’t u

From: Kyungsoo
btch i might be

From: Kyungsoo
<333333

From: Kyungsoo
come on it cant be that bad hes just kai

From: Taemin
but i cant lose the bet!!!!1111!!1 i want to do bad things to him when i see his face

From: Kyungsoo
u have no chills man look im not going to bail u out of jail wen u commit crimes

From: Kyungsoo
gtg mr kwon is starting to get suspicious bcus im literally looking at my crotch every time i txt back

With that, Taemin throws his phone tiredly into his backpack.

 

 

 

Taemin met Kyungsoo in the first year of middle school when they had woodshop together as an elective. On the day that they sat at the same table, Taemin warned Kyungsoo to watch his fingers, hence, they were cutting intricate pieces of wood to form letters of their names. Then, Kyungsoo had reply with a stoic expression, “It’s okay, it’s not going to be the first time I chop my fingers off.”

It took a few seconds for Taemin to come to a realization that the shorter boy was joking. He figured that he liked the boy’s dry humor as he kept hiding his laugh, scared that the teacher might yell at them for their unending babblings. From then on, he decided that Kyungsoo was going to be his best friend.

Taemin sometimes reconsiders their friendship though. Especially then, both are drinking their frappuccinos at Starbucks when a phone call interrupts. An unknown number blares brightly on Taemin’s cell and being a curious person, he picks it up anyway.

“Hello?”

“Hey, I texted you my address.” The deep voice on the other line sends shivers down his spine.

He switched his phone to the other ear so Kyungsoo can’t eavesdrop. “How did you get my number?”

“You told me.”

Taemin feels stupid. “Oh.” A laugh enters through the line. He doesn’t know which is weirder, Kai speaking to him on the phone or hearing him laugh in genuine. His voice is so close that it feels like Kai was breathing down his neck.

“Well, see you later at my house.” Kai’s voice comes off huskier on the phone, practically causing him to sound seductive and , Taemin thinks. There is a beep on the other line, indicating that the latter have hung up.

Taemin drops his phone to his lap, and Kyungsoo makes eye contact with him before sending him an unreadable look. “Dude.”

“What?”

“You’re flushing.”

Taemin mentally let out a string of cusses, hating how Kyungsoo has to point out the unspeakable truth.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo drives Taemin to Kai’s house, which is surprising close to where he lives even if he walks there. Taemin had saved Kai’s number under “Trash.” In fact, Taemin was so satisfied with that name that he may or may not laughed so hard that he choked on his frappuccino.

Kyungsoo leaves as soon as he sends Taemin’s off his partner’s door. To his astonishment, Kai has texted him to ask if he has gotten lost. Don’t pretend you care, Taemin scoffs. He is about to type up a reply but the door swings open, revealing the taller male.

Kai mumbles something to himself while looking at Taemin’s phone. Then he questions in a mock innocent manner that Taemin despites, “I’m ‘Trash?’”

He has gotten Taemin quite off guard, and for a short moment, he can’t think of anything to say. Luckily, he recovers with, “Well, you know what they say, ‘A man’s trash is another man’s treasure.’”

“Nice cover up,” Kai sounds amused. “Come in.”

 

Never in Taemin’s life that he has ever imagined to be at Kai’s house and be with him for hours without having thoughts of killing the latter. His little sister is in her bedroom, whereas the both of them work diligently in the living room, aiming for an A in their English project.

Except for the first hours because they couldn’t agree on certain things regarding the essay prompt of the project.

“So,” Kai muses, “‘Was Romeo and Juliet’s love realistic? Why or why not? Cite examples from the play.’” After reading the prompt, he sets down the instructions and requirements paper on the table, exchanging a gaze at his partner’s direction.

“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” Taemin says matter-of-factly, “Like Romeo was all whiny about his ex-crush, Rosaline. Then later when he mingled at Capulet’s party, he’s all like ‘oh my god Juliet is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever set my eyes on.’ That is not realistic.”

Taemin’s belief contradicts Kai’s opinions. So the latter expresses his disagreement, “No, maybe he didn’t actually love Rosaline. Plus, he didn’t love Juliet yet when he saw her. He simply was checking out Juliet, is that illegal? Sue him for appreciating someone’s outer qualities.”

Taemin’s brows wrinkle along with his forehead, his frustration evident on all over his face. “Okay. But don’t you remember how the whole play is taken place within five days? He talks to her on the balcony and is convinced that she’s the love of his life? Feelings need to develop over time, not that fast. Who proposed the morning after they have met someone?”

“But they sacrificed their lives for each other. That’s bravery, don’t you think? Their love was so strong that they neglected the fact that they came from rivalry families,” Kai adds on.

Taemin flungs his hands up as he talks, becoming more animated with his gestures than ever. “You mean reckless? Romeo was like ‘Oh my god I can’t believe my wife died, I’m going to die, too!’ I bet you he doesn’t even know her favorite color! Maybe he should have wait like ten more minutes to see her wake up. It would have spare them their lives for god’s sake.”

A long silence follows by meanwhile Kai smiles fondly at Taemin. It is so unfitting that makes Taemin wants to knock that smile off his face

. . . softly

. . . with his lips—

Taemin wants to put a gun up to his head for even suggesting that to himself. “What?” he finally says, impatiently.

“It turns me on when you talk passionately like that.”

 

 

 

“He said what?” exclaims Kyungsoo in disbelief.

Taemin calls his best friend right after he walks home. Kai offered to drive him but he had to decline, not trusting himself to be alone with Kai if it was something that doesn’t associates with their project. He tells Kyungsoo about their heated Shakespeare argument and that one, particular thing that Kai said. Kai returned to normal after that while Taemin fought the blush that was creeping its way to his cheeks.

Taemin responses, “He totally said that to unnerve me! I’m not going to fall for his trap. I need to win this bet.”

He can hear Kyungsoo breathing through the phone. “Did he sound genuine though?”

“Who knows, I can’t tell.”

"Maybe he actually digs you. The only way he isn't going to lose is if he doesn't admit it, right?"

"Then I will make him say it out loud."

"'Yes, Bella, you guessed correctly. I'm a vampire and I sparkle,'" Kyungsoo fakes his Edward voice.

"I can't believe we're friends."

"I know. I'm such a ing gem and you're only black coals."

"Bye."

 

 

Taemin pretends that there isn't butterflies when Kai takes the textbook and their hands brushes lightly. Or when Kai takes a nap in between working sessions and his shirt rises up a bit, displaying a bit of his glorious stomach. Then, Taemin still believes he doesn't want to extend his hand to touch the toned skin. Also, when Kai talks and he tries not to pay too much attention to his soft lips or to his calming voice.

Taemin pretends he doesn't sneak a peek when they are working or during science when Kai walks into the room, and he would pause in the middle of a conversation with Kyungsoo to secretly ogle. Or right after school, he totally does not pass by the soccer field just to look at Kai practicing with Minho, because that would be ridiculous.

"You're in so denial." Kyungsoo shakes his head and clicks his tongue. He sends Taemin a judging stare as he picks up his pace, afraid that a soccer ball will fly at their way like that incident approximately a few weeks ago.

"About what?"

Kyungsoo whips his body around, facing his best friend. “What comes out of your lips is ‘I want to Kai over,’ but your face screams 'I want to Kai.' You're not fooling anyone here."

Why not do both, Taemin thinks to himself. Kyungsoo's eyes has gotten abnormally rounder, even to his standards. It hits Taemin that he has said it aloud instead.

Both are too stunned to say anything until it is Kyungsoo who speaks again, “Bruh. You need Jesus.”

 

 

 

The due date for the project approaches around the corner. It is the second to last weekend for Taemin to work on it with Kai. However, when you combine two of the smartest students together, it requires them a quicker amount of time to finish. Taemin exchanges a few decent conversations with Kai for the past weeks. Sometimes, he forgets that Kai is actually not that talkative, according to his elementary years with him. Other than a few bickering and disagreements, there is always a sense of peace when they focus on the project, Taemin thinks. He finds Kai to be a good company.

He watches Kai adding a few adjustments to their poster, noticing the way he raises his brows when concentrating. Taemin closes his laptop to sprawl on the carpet floor, yawning tiredly. "Do your parents always work?" He never plans to ask, but he can't help but wonder.

Kai appears to have seen the question coming and replies without faze, "Yeah, all the time."

"Doesn't it get lonely?"

He pauses midway to consider the question, as though no one has ever brought it up. He shrugs, "Not really, I'm used to it."

"What about your sister? She's always in her room. Does she get lonely?"

"Sometimes, I think. She's too shy to talk to you, or anyone really. I spend time with her as much as I can though." Kai turns around and plops himself next to Taemin with their faces almost touching, neither seem to mind the intimacy of it. Kai's breath fans over Taemin's lips as he speaks in a low, deep voice, "What's with all the questions? Falling for me already?"

Taemin rolls his eyes, too tired to even say something witty back. He responds wryly, "Yes, I was making sure I know something about you before I, Taemio, stab myself when I find you unconsciously dead."

Kai cringes his face up in a playful manner. "You did not just prefer to yourself as Taemio."

"Is that illegal? Sue me."

Kai laughs at the way Taemin steals his phrase he once said during their debate about Romeo and Juliet. As a result, Taemin's tummy does swirls and backflips and it knots and unknots and goddammit, he's sick of pretending that he isn't developing feelings for the boy in front of him.

"I guess after today, we're done with our project, huh?" Kai considers.

Taemin tries to hide the disappointment in his expression. He won't say that he's going to miss spending time together because his pride is too big to lose the damn bet. His heart constricts painfully and it's not a feeling he's fond of.

"It was fun," Kai admits. "I'm glad we were partners."

"Yeah," Taemin replies quietly. There was an overwhelming sadness coursing through his veins and he also dislikes the finality stuck to Kai's tone.

He walks home later that day with slump shoulders and dragging steps. He extracts his phone out from his pocket to send a message to the only person who might understand his feelings.

From: Taemin
i'm officially doomed.

From: Kyungsoo
as expected

 

 

 

Taemin thinks he's pathetic. His feet lead to Kai's house although they have finished with their project already. To say Kai is surprised to see Taemin in front of his door is a complete understatement. “What are you doing here? Did you forget something?”

He shakes his head. “It’s game over.”

Kai gives him a blank stare. “You’re not making sense.”

Taemin sighs exasperatedly. “You’re so dense, honestly. Do you realize how hard it is to look at you and convince myself that there’s a chance between us? Sometimes there are moments that it’s impossible to distinguish whether you actually like me or you’re only being nice because of the stupid bet. You create the game to screw me and my feelings over, didn’t you? Because well done, Kai. I hope you’re glad you won.”

He runs home immediately after because it would be unbearable to hear what Kai has to say. Taemin thinks he's pathetic. He also thinks feelings are overrated.

 

 

 

Taemin never dislikes having classes with Kai as much as he does the next day. Kyungsoo is already up-to-date about what happened, which explains why he glares at Kai as soon as the said boy dashes inside the classroom.

“Can we talk?” Kai asks after he stops at Taemin’s desk.

“I have nothing to say to you,” Taemin says, rather tiredly from his lack of sleep.

“But I do.” Annoyed at Taemin’s resistant, Kai grabs Taemin by the wrist and forcefully pulls him out the science class. Kai ignores the strange looks from students and Taemin’s protests as he maneuvers both of them to a deserted place to talk.

Taemin yanks his hand away right when they come to a stop.

“Jesus Christ, Taemin,” says Kai. The male constantly wears the nonchalant look or that annoying smile so it seems unusual to Taemin that he is also capable of other emotions. Like at the present, Kai appears on edge and a bit fidgety. “If only you had spared me another five minute to explain yesterday then maybe we wouldn’t have to skip class right now. You’re taking that Romeo role quite seriously, aren’t you? Waiting for few more minutes wouldn’t hurt, you idiot. ” To Taemin’s surprised, Kai sounds defeated, rather than accusing.

“What is it that you want to tell me? Make it quick.”

Kai inhales a deep breath, trying to search for the right words. “Listen, I never intended to hurt you, okay?”

Taemin bobs his head sideways in disagreement. “No, you intended to hurt me ever since you chop off my hair in fourth grade.”

Kai stares in shock. “You still remember that?”

“Of course! That’s how I begin to hate you in the first place!”

Kai racks through his hair in frustration. “. Goddammit,” he swears under his breath. “You’re not going to believe me when I say this but I thought you looked ing incredible and I didn’t want to keep staring at you and Seriously, I’m sorry I was such an even as a kid. It was pointless and stupid of me, because I never stop looking at your way even if you changed your hair.”

In disbelief, Taemin diverts his attention to the floor. “What about in sixth grade you took the vice president position from me?”

“That’s because everyone said you were going to run for the school’s president so I went for the next positio—”

“How about that time you pushed me down the slide?” Taemin’s voice grows quiet as he speaks.

“That was Jongdae! He accidentally kicked you then he panicked and blamed it on me, because I was the closest perso—”

“What about over the years? You acted like you dislike me.”

“This is why you’re the dense one, Taemin. Have you ever realized that everything I say is entirely playful? The reason I brought up the bet is just an excuse for you to overlook everything in the past and see the real me. I know I’m not completely nice but I’m not completely intolerable, either.”

Taemin sinks to the ground, recalling every memory of Kai and his arrogance, then he realizes that he was never actually mean to him. “My whole life is a lie.”

Kai kneels down next to him, tilting his chin up so their eyes lock. “Well,” he smiles sheepishly, “only the past.”

“I can’t believe you liked me all this time and didn’t say anything.”

“Kinda impossible when you basically loathed my existence.”

There is a short moment of silence before Taemin confesses, “I used to have a crush from when you were a new student up until you snipped off my hair.”

“Wow,” Kai says solemnly. “I’m pretty dumb for smart person.”

“I think we’re both utterly stupid for two smart people. Despite the fact that you won, I'm convinced we’re both losers.”

“You still owe me a dare,” whispers Kai.

“Fine, have mercy on me though.”

“I dare you to date me.”

Taemin’s beam stretches from ear to ear. “Hell yeah.”

It comes unexpectedly as Kai  cups Taemin's face and presses a chaste kiss on his lips. Quick and sweet, but enough to cause their hearts slam against their chest.

 

 

 

From: Minho
you’d expect for them to stop fighting when they’re an item smh

From: Kyungsoo
tru but at least theres no more forbidden s between them

From: Minho
there’s /un/forbidden s between them now

From: Kyungsoo
who am i kidding u r right
u still owe me 20 bucks bcus taem lost

From: Minho

 

 

 

 “You so ing like me first.”

“No, you ing like me first.”

“That’s ing impossible.”

“Actually it ing is possible.”

“You wanna ing bet?”

“Game ing on.”

Kyungsoo slams the cafeteria’s table with a resonating smack. “Well if the both of you don’t shut up, I will ing shove my fist down your ing throats.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


real talk tho this was really fun to write  & sorry if u were blinded by the amount of cuss words put into this hah...a ...a ...im actually not sorry 
as always thank you for reading :)