Time spent with You (3)

Ishq (love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho looked at the sleeping man on his side. To him Jaejoong looked just like before. Like nothing had changed. But he knew that the minute Jaejoong would wake up nothing will be the same. Jaejoong still wouldn't have remebered anything and Yunho would still face the disappointment. He hates to admit but just in a week he is already tired. They have tried a million times in a week to get Jaejoong's memory back. For some reason he was very sure, that their very first attempt would trigger something in Jaejoong's brains and make him remember everything. But no, he was wrong. Very wrong.

One week ago

"Jaejoong-ah its okay. Stop crying, please. I know you must have tried to remember and that's what counts. We will try again,okay? So please stop crying. YOu know I can't see you crying." The minute he said that, Yunho bit his tongue. The look in Jaejoong's eyes meant that more tears are coming out.

"NO I DON"T REMEBER IT. I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING. I AM SO USELESS." Jaejoong yelled out of frustation and started banging his head on the table. After Jaejoong's breakdown Yunho had brought him to their office canteen to calm down.

"No Jaejoong. You are not useless. You get that?" Yunho tried to look at Jaejoong's face but Jaejoong didn't lift his face up. "Jaejoong are you listening to me?...Jaejoong?" Yunho placed a hand on Jaejoong's shoulder and was shocked to find him not moving. 

"Jaejoong are you fine? Jaejoong can you hear me?"

(Present Day)

Yunho was still shaken by Jaejoong fainting on their first attempt to revive his memory. But they still didn’t give up trying.

The next few attempts weren’t as severe so Jaejoong wouldn’t be stressed out. He took Jaejoong to their favourite restaurant they frequented once a week. And then he took him to places of their first date, their first anniversary, each of their birthdays they celebrated together.

But Jaejoong couldn’t remember anything and the frustration of not having any memories was stressing him a lot despite Yunho’s attempts otherwise. The doctor advised Yunho to take it slow and the man did, but to Jaejoong even not knowing which his toothbrush is, is frustrating.

He felt pathetic that he knew nothing about his recent past when it’s clearly important since he’s married. Jaejoong’s desperation made Yunho sadder and in turn made him feel doubly useless for not being able to help Jaejoong.

Yunho gazed at Jaejoong’s sleeping form and sighed. It’s been a while since the accident that he’s been able to be so close to a sleeping Jaejoong. but Jaejoong doesn’t know it. he’s been sedated by his medicines. While looking at the calm face of Jaejoong, Yunho remembers a promise.

Flashback

Yunho entered their bedroom one morning and sits on the small gap between Jaejoong and the edge of the bed. Jaejoong was slowly waking up and he looked at his husband. Being greeted by Yunho’s smiling face the first thing in the morning brought a smile to Jaejoong’s face.

Jaejoong’s lips parted to say something. “Were you scared?” his voice was raspy having not fully awakened.

“Yes.” Yunho answers and pecks Jaejoong’s lips in a morning greeted.

“What would you do if something happened to me?” Jaejoong was silenced by a deeper kiss from Yunho.

Jaejoong was going to continue, Yunho knew how stubborn the beautiful man is. So he picks him up without separating their lips and carries him to their bathroom where they shower together….for a long, long time.

Back at breakfast though, Yunho forgot about it while Jaejoong was still not done.  

As they are eating Jaejoong suddenly says "Find someone else."

“Eh?” Yunho is confused by the sudden statement which is quite out of context to him.

Jaejoong didn’t look at Yunho as he continued eating the eggs. "If something happens to me, find someone and marry."

To his surprise, Jaejoong finds a hand smack on his forehead. "Do you have fever again? Should I call the doctor?" Yunho frowned finding Jaejoong’s skin cool to the touch.

Jaejoong just slaps his hand away and gestures Yunho to finish his breakfast.

While sitting on the back of Yunho’s bike to work, Jaejoong kept harping on the same thing. He just wants Yunho to move on with someone better if something happened to him.

Yunho ignored it the first two times but by the third time, Yunho was getting disturbed while driving by Jaejoong going on like a broken record.

“Yes.” Yunho blurted out just to get Jaejoong to stop.

“Really?” Jaejoong asked. His smile faded away while Yunho smirked.

“Yeah, yeah….” Yunho said when the red light turned green and he drove on.  

Later at work, Yunho was busy in the editing room when Jaejoong suddenly entered. He tapped Yunho’s shoulder and his husband looked at him inquiringly.

“Who is he?” Jaejoong asked.

Yunho played dumb and replied, “Who are you talking about?”

“Don’t play innocent. Tell me who is this person you’ll marry after I’m gone.”

To Jaejoong’s utter shock, Yunho just smirked and walked out the room.

“Yunho! Yah Yunho!” He followed his husband who did a mighty good job of pretending to be busy with work while his wife isn’t shouting on top of his voice.

When they were about to enter Yunho’s office, Jaejoong overtakes him and stands at the entrance of the office with crossed arms and a determined pout.

“Does he look better than me?” Jaejoong said in a clipped tone but Yunho was internally dancing at his tone which was laced with jealousy.

Yunho crossed his arms too, but in a more casual manner. “He’s different.”

Yunho tried to walk past Jaejoong and go to his desk but Jaejoong yanked him back with his collar. He pulled Yunho’s face closer till Yunho’s eyes were up close and personal with the plump red lips. But he couldn’t get distracted for long till Jaejoong said sassily, “You’ll have to forget about your Mr Different,” Jaejoong pronounced the abstract being’s name squeakily, “I’m not going anywhere. Do you understand Mr. Jung Jaejoong’s husband.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter