Time spent with You (2)

Ishq (love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho had reached Busan in the next flight available. He took a cab and reached the market. The atmosphere there was intense. People running around in all directions, either trying to help someone or find their loved ones. He saw people carrying the injured ones and helping them into the ambulance. He was pulled out of his thought when someone bumped into him. His eyed widened when he saw who it was.

 

"Anchan! Where is Jaejoong?" Yunho caught hold of Anchan's shoulders.

 

"Oww."

 

"I am sorry, are you fine?" Yunho checked his shoulders.

 

"I am fine, thankyou." Anchan looked at Yunho and he could see the sadness and nervousness in his eyes.

 

"Jaejoong, he.." At the mention of Jaejoong's name Yunho's eyes showed some hope and he waited for Anchan to continue.

 

"I have searched everywhere I can't find him Yunho...the last option is going to the hospital were the victims are being treated." 

 

"But how did you two get separated. You should have been with him all the time." Yunho could not hold back his anger. He started walking ahead leaving Anchan behind.

 

"Listen Yunho, I am as tensed as you are. I also care for Jaejoong. He is my best friend, I am worried for Jaejoong as much as you are." 

 

"I am sorry Anchan. Just thinking of what Jaejoong might be going through at the moment is making me weak. He will be fine right? My Jaejoong is fine right?" Yunho broke down in front of Anchan. The fear building inside him was now finding its way out through his tears.

 

"Yunho please calm down...you need to be strong for Jaejoong. I am sure he is just fine and waiting for you." Anchan knew he sounded cheesy but as long as it would help his friend gain some strength he doesn't care about it.

 

~~~~

 

Yunho and Anchan both felt nauseated at the sight in front of them. After they coudn't find Jaejoong amongst the injured victims the doctor asked them if they would like to take a look at the dead bodies.  Yunho didn't want to enter the room but with the support from Anchan they both entered. After looking at the bodies, some of which far from being recognised, Yunho knew it for sure that none of them was his Jaejoong.

 

"I heard some of the victims are being treated at the houses of few locals, I think we should go there." 

 

"Thank you Anchan for the help but since we are at the hospital you should get your wounds treated and take rest. I will go with the doctors and look for Jaejoong." 

 

Yunho forced his friend to stay back and get treated while he went to look for Jaejoong. As he reached to a local's house he took a breath of relief. Right there, in front of him was his Jaejoong. He wasted no second and ran inside.

 

"Jae..thank god you are safe" He hugged Jaejoong who at the moment was unconscious. He placed kisses all over Jaejoong's face and didn't let go of his hand.

 

"Are you his family?" The doctor asked him.

 

"Yes I am his husband. He is fine right?"

 

"There are no major injuries but I would suggest a CT scan to detect if there are any internal injuries."

 

~~~~

 

"Come in, why are you standing there?" Yunho urged Jaejoong to enter their house. Jaejoong entered but looked around as if he had seen the place for the first time.

 

"You can use the bathroom to freshen up, it’s there on the right." Yunho pointed towards the bathroom. Jaejoong just nodded and walked to the bathroom.

 

Yunho sighed and went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water for himself. As he gulped down some water his mind went back to what the doctor said about Jaejoong.

 

"Jaejoong is suffering from partial amnesia. Which means he remembers few bits and pieces of his life, like who his parents are, where he is from, basically he remembers only few years of his life." 

 

“But you said he is fine. How..how?” Yunho had difficulty in completing his sentence.

 

“We don’t know the reason for sure but it can be because of the shock from the accident. It must have impacted his mind majorly.” The doctor explained.

“Will his memories ever return?”  Yunho asked hopefully.

"There is no guarantee that his memories will come back but sometimes the love and care from loved ones overcomes the difficulties."

*click* 

Yunho looked up and saw Jaejoong, his hair was wet but he was wearing the same clothes he wore from hospital to home.

“Jae, you can change into something comfortable. And why didn’t you dry your hair properly, come here.” Yunho talked as he searched for the towel. Once he found it, he pulled Jaejoong towards him and tried to wipe and dry his hair. But Jaejoong moved away from Yunho, “I can do it myself. Thank you.”  He took the towel from Yunho and walked inside the room which thought could be the bedroom. Yunho sighed as he looked at Jaejoong closing the door. 

Yunho spaced out while staring at the closed room door but he was back to the real world when that door opened again. Jaejoong stepped out timidly and walked towards Yunho.

"Umm....Can I.... Is there...." Yunho waited for Jaejoong to speak patiently. "are there any blankets? I'm tired...and...I'd like to...sleep right now..." Jaejoong's voice trailed off in the end, seemingly finding it awkward to talk with the tall man.

Yunho smiled a bit, "the blankets always laid out on the bed. Just slip under them." He said it like it was the natural thing and walked back to the kitchen. He was getting some water because Jaejoong will have to eat some medicines before he sleeps.

"If I take those, what will you use?" Yunho turned around and faced Jaejoong with a confuse frown.

"what are you talking about?" Yunho asked.

Jaejoong rubbed his arm in nervousness, "I'll take the blanket and spare pillow to sleep on the couch-"

"You can sleep on the bed." Jaejoong was speechless by being abruptly cute off. It came out a bit too harsh than Yunho intended to. He kicked himself to assume that he and Jaejoong would sleep in one bed. Right now he's s stranger to Jaejoong and it would be a while till Jaejoong is comfortable enough for that proximity. Yunho told himself to be patient and answer gently, "It's your house so....take the bed. I'll take the couch." Yunho was now opening the hall closet near the kitchen and getting a spare blanket out. He;d grab his pillow from their bedroom later.

Jaejoong took the blanket from him. "It's okay. I'll sleep on the couch."

"I told you I'd sleep on the couhc." Yunho insisted while snatching the blanket back, "You don't have to be like a guest in your own house. Just take the bed and I'll take the couch."

"will it even fit you?" Jaejoong glanced at the 3-seater couch which wouldnt even accomodate 1/4th of Yunho's tall frame. For a moment, Jaejoong wondered if it was really his house, then why would he get such a small couch given the physique of his so-called husband. Jaejoong shook of those thoughts and took the blanket. "I don't mind taking the couch. I'd feel bad if you have a back ache because of sleeping on that."

"It folds out." Yunho muttered under his breath, almost angry.

"sorry?" Jaejoong was not sure if he heard him.

"It folds out into a bed. You bought that so we could watch movies in the night while cuddl- while lying next to each other. I can open it and sleep. Give me the blanket and just give me the left pillow. The right one is smaller, like how you always prefer."

"How do you kno-" Jaejoong didnt continue. If everyone is saying they are married, then they might have shared a bed and know each other's sleeping habits. Only Jaejoong didn't remember Yunho's habits or Yunho for that matter. "never mind. If it opens then I can sleep on-"

"you never liked sleeping on it." Yunho walked over to the couch and began unfolding it into a matress that laid flat on the ground. Jaejoong saw that the inside of the couch which would not be seen while folded, was deformed on one side. The small depressions could make anyone uncomfortable. "It happened because of some moisture problem two years ago and we never got to fixing it. You just used for movie night and we'd go back to bed after. I've never had a problem with it but knowing you prefer to sleep on the right side of your bed...." Jaejoong frowned at the deformities on the right side of the bed. His body remembered his quirks and knew that sinkhole in the bed would not let him sleep.

with a resigned sigh, Jaejoong turned to the bedroom, "I'll get your pillow." Jaejoong was about to enter the room.

"don't forget to have your medicines before you sleep." Yunho instructed and Jaejoong nodded. Yunho got back to arranging the living room as his new bedroom when Jaejoong called him.

"I'm sorry for inconveniencing you." Jaejoong apolgized while holding Yunho's pillow out to him.

Yunho just shook his head, "I told you. You don't have to worry about any thing you do in this house because it is your house."

"and it's yours too." Jaejoong retorted then blushed, "I mean, if it is true that we're married.....and....I don't....want to be burdensome...since I...you...know....like this..."

Yunho gave Jaejoong a sad smile. "You're still the same. Always helping others and never accepting help. You're never a burden to me Jaejoong. We're married and I intend to keep my marriage vows." Yunho held Jaejoong's shoulders, "I sickness and in health, we promised each other and fate has chosen me to keep that promise. If I was in your place, I know you'd do the same. So don't think of yourself as a nuisance." Yunho caressed Jaejoong's cheek lightly and smiled, " Go to sleep Jae. Good Night." Yunho pushed Jaejoong gently towrds the room. Jaejoong gave him one last apolgetic glance and closed the door.

It was 3 hours since then, and Yunho was lying on the couch-bed awake. His eyes were open and distant, seemingly unable to sleep. A sound from the bedroom made him look there and he saw the lights from the gap between the door and floor. "Going to the toilet as usual." Yunho had this tired smile. At least he still had the same habits and personality. It just hurt that Yunho was the only forgotten one.

flashback

Yunho had called Jaejoong's parents to the hospital where Jaejoong was. He knew they would be worried if they didn't see  himself. Besides, given Jaejoong's amnesia, Yunho figured maybe his parents may help.

It pained Yunho when Jaejoong told his parents they looked older than he remembers. He also didn't miss the whispered questions from Jaejoong to his mother about Yunho.

Seeing as Jaejoong had a hard time trusting him, Yunho made a tough decision when the doctor was ready to discharge him.

"You're free to go home Mr Jung. Remember to go to your checkups." The doctor said.

"Kim. I'm Kim Jaejoong." Jaejoong told the doctor.

The man showed Jaejoong his hospital record and tapped his pen on the name on the top that said 'Jaejoong, Jung'. "You have amnesia Mr Jung. It would be better if you don't deny what you don't remember." The doctor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter