2

Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For those who checks AFF everyday and doesnt get a notification of "New Story Updates" HAHAHA. :') I feel you. 

 

***

 

 

 

Funny thing is, they were not a couple. He’s on this trip with his sister. But there was this sudden change of plans that her sister couldn’t come that Tiffany decided not to pry. But he decided to continue with his trip alone.

 

“So this is Thian Hock Keng, the oldest Hokkien temple in Singapore.” Said Tiffany as they enter the gates in have brightly coloured tiles. It portrays the universal Buddhist swastika  which represents eternity, as what she told him.

 

They keep going until the door with lion and tigers guarding it. Tiffany turned to face Siwon.

 “Once there’s a powerful Queen and she had two children. The older one” she pointed at the carving on the left.  “…and the younger one.”  Then the one on the right.  Siwon raised an eye brow. She’s holding the strap of her sling bag as she explains trivial things to him.

 

“But they were fighting over of who shall inherit their mother’s throne. So the Queen challenged that whoever circles around the world and comes back first shall be her worthy successor.” He had to smile at the expressions on her face. The one that is innocent and not pretentious. And It made him want to listen more.

 

“So the older one went ahead and started circling the world. But the younger one started circling his mother. The queen was confused on what he is doing. But the younger one answered, “You are my world.” She smiled sincerely finishing her story as flashbacks came at the back of her mind. That moment Siwon saw the most beautiful smile he has ever seen.

 

 

“So the younger one became the king?” he asked putting his hands on his pocket.

 

She nodded. “Uhuh. Wise right?”

 

 

“I think he’s just lazy.” He shakes his head smiling dissatisfied of the ending. She was stunned for a second. Why does he have that deep dimples too? But then again, anyone can have dimples while smiling you know. So she decided to push that thought at the farthest back of her mind.

 

“Yah!—“ But she realized it sooner and covered with her palm. How could she do that in front a person she just met? So she apologized for being too laid back in which Siwon doesn’t even think necessary. He likes it like that he said. No pressure, no awkward moments and that they should just talk like old friends do, while he learns about Singapore too.

 

“But you know what I believe in the younger son. One person can mean the whole world to someone.” The mood turned somber after Tiffany had said that line. And Siwon is not insensitive to feel it. She talks like she has been hurt and scarred in her lifetime.

But what he said next just aimed directly at her memory bank, and fell down to her heart. 

 

 

“Most of us, we failed to recognize that what we’re really looking for are right within our reach.” Siwon winked at Tiffany. But the latter is just impassive as of the moment.

 

Her jaws drop.

Dejavu.

Immediately a scene came flashing back.

 

 

“You know the moral reason of the story?” Tiffany shakes her head.

“We don’t have to go far to find what we are looking for. Because what we are looking for is just within our reach.” He then started circling around her.

“What are you doing?” the young Tiffany asked.

“You are my world Miyoung.”

 

 

***

 

“Who’s breaking the yolk and mix it with the rice first?”  questioned Siwon.

“What?” Her eyes left his plate and met his stares.

 

 

“You said he breaks the yolk first and mix it with the rice first too.”

 

 

“Ah, Did I say that out loud?.” She smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, didn’t mean to,” Eversince they left the temple She’s being constantly reminded of Andrew with Siwon’s presence. And she knows its no good. She’s just being delusional again.

“Is something wrong?” he asks with a worried expression on his handsome face.

 

 

“Nothing. Let’s eat.” Tiffany invited and grabs her own chopsticks. Siwon may have only met her today but he knows the smile Tiffany is putting does not even reach the corners of her lips. Different from what he saw earlier. That one is just priceless to witness.

 

 

“You really should try the Laksa.” She said. But there’s a war in he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter