1

Gone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“These are the belongings of the patient.”  She stared blankly at the clear cellophane being handed to her by a nurse. There was his phone, his hanky, his wallet. Buy her mind is currently floating. Her heart is broken. Her whole body is numb.

She didn’t know it was ever possible to not ever feel anything. Simply because the pain is too much.  Like her soul just separated from her body.

 

 

“Does the patient have any other family present?”

 

 

Just like earlier, she just stared at the person. Why are they all wearing white anyway?

 

 

“No. He only has me.”

 

That was the first complete sentence she has ever formulated ever since she step foot into that goddamn place. Singapore General Hospital.

She was busy talking with French people by the temple when someone called her. Telling her to get her feet there as soon as possible. She asked why. But the mere mention of his name made her brain pump too much adrenaline into her bloodstream.

 

Andrew Choi.

 Car Accident.

 Intensive Care Unit.

 

“I’m sorry.” It was a miracle when she felt someone touch her shoulder, even squeezed a little. And then those people left her sight.

 

She was left alone inside the white painted room. Lost. Broken. Scarred. She stared at the person lying on the hospital bed. Lifeless.  

That was only the time reality hit her hard.

 

She cried, is an understatement. Because she broke down, body on the floor as she dry up her eyes in misery.

 

Because just like Andrew, she only has him.  

All they have is each other.

 

But now she’s all alone.

 

***

 

“Miss Hwang, we need your signature in here.” She looks up at the woman and stood up from her seat.

She stared at the paper for a second or two, then to the woman, and back to the paper again. A tear dropped unto the document. Her heart broke once again as flashbacks came running back to her mind. She still continued reading. Finally his wish came true.

 

Its one of those random topics he started back then, when he influenced her that once they die, they’ll donate their hearts. He said their hearts need to continue beating because their love will continue even after death. Even if it’s not pumping for the same body, as long as they know it’s for each other.

 But the deal is for them to die together. Not like this.

 

She wipe her eyes when she got teary eyed at the she made.

 

Tiffany Hwang.

 

***

 

Hours become days. Days became weeks. Weeks turn to months. Months became a y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter