REVERT.

[DISCONTINUED] Tough, But We Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

THE NIGHT BEFORE

 

 

 

"Daddy, do I really have to start school tomorrow?" Tiffany was on Skype with her father. Since that was the only way the father-daughter got to chat 'face-to-face'. She pouted slightly.

 

 

"Of course, Tiffany. It was you who wanted to go back to Grandpa Hwang's mansion and study in one of the Korean school when your Mom and I asked you to choose the other day before you decided to leave California." Her father gave an indifferent look at Tiffany, before making a close conversation. "No exception or excuse, Miss. Pouting doesn't work for this. Now prepare for bed, and don't be late for school. Don't forget to update me again."

 

 

Tiffany just sighed; defeated. It was an order, not mere talks. Her father is a stern man whose words are serious at all time. He doesn't tolerate jokes, or playfulness. She had to abide regardless of whatever protest she held inside. "Okay, goodnight daddy."

 

 

"Goodnight," and the Skype call was immediately disconnected. She shut her laptop, before resumed packing her school bag.

 

 

Even though she did not want to go to school the next day, she still took the initiative to list down a few goals she will try to achieve on the very first day. It's a habit to have organized plans listed out since she was trained to be (by her strict parents).

 

 

"Haaa... I wonder what my first school day in Korea will be. Hopefully, I'm able to meet new friends."

 

 

Proceeded to keep the list in a file and slotted in her bag, she zipped it up and left it on her chair before walking towards her pink bed. Kneeling on her bedside, she said her night prayers (a daily routine for she's a devoted Christian).

 

 

She felt neither nervous nor excited, unlike most people having trouble containing these emotions on the night before. Lying down on her bed, she closed her eyes and let herself gradually slipped into dreamland.

 

 

 

NEXT MORNING

 

 

"Wake up, my dear. You have to get ready for school now." Tiffany's grandmother came in personally to wake the stagnant mushroom because the maids couldn't wake the girl up. "You don't want to get nagged by your mother and scolded by your father, do you?"

 

Upon that question, the sleeping mushroom instantly jolted up. She rubbed her eyes while her grandmother her head lovingly (just like how grandmothers always do). "Come down when you're done. Breakfast is ready." She smiled warmly at her granddaughter before making her way out of the pink room.

 

 

Tiffany unwillingly dragged herself out of bed, shivering at the undesirable coldness when her feet touched the marble tiles. She picked up her pink towel and started freshening herself up in the bathroom.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter