- I.

House Rules

They pulled up at the curb, staring out of the window in awe as excitement ran through their veins when their new home came into view. The boy that currently sat in the driver’s seat looked to his side and grinned at his friends. Stepping out, he opened the trunk and each of them grabbed as much luggage as they could haul, moving towards the front of their new house and stopping.

“So, who’s got the key?” The driver said, looking at the other two. Both of them began searching their jacket pockets for it before frowning. The youngest one their let out a really loud sigh.

“Oh you are kidding me.” The key was nowhere to be found.

“I’m only kidding!” The driver said, reaching into his pocket and taking out the one house key they had to share between them before they got new ones cut. “Here, shall we go in?” he asked, winking at his best friends.

“After you Tao.” Sehun, the youngest, said with a smile.

Tao chuckled before he unlocked the door and wheeled both of his suitcases in. The interior of the place was fantastic. With awe, he placed the cases down and began wandering through the hallway until he got to the amazing dining room that was laced with a glass table and six metal chairs.

The other two boys stood beside him and grinned. Sehun flung an arm around Tao’s shoulders and they both just stared at the furniture. It was like living in a mansion.

However, the other boy – Jongin – was already used to this. Coming from a rich family, he was around this sort of stuff everyday but right now, there was a change. He was going to be living in a rent-free house with his two best friends, it was all paid for by his parents so it was going to be stress-free.

Of course, Tao had a job and Sehun went to University, however Jongin had yet to find something to do in his past time.

“Jongin? Hello?” Sehun was beside him and Tao was chuckling to himself.

“Sorry… anyway. Shall we get moved in?”

It was day two in their new house and currently it was only eight am in the morning, but the three boys were already up – hanging in the kitchen and eating their cereal. The oldest of them all, nearly had his face in his own cereal as he was up very late last night, trying to sort out his room to make it perfect. Jongin was munching on a bit of toast, chuckling to himself as he was timing when exactly Zitao was going to fall asleep on top of his breakfast. Sehun on the other hand was gulping down a mug of coffee, fully dressed, getting ready to go to University.

When he finished he looked around at his roommates and chuckled at how sleepy and dead they looked. Nudging Tao awake once again, he smiled at him before pointing at the clock on the wall.

“I’m going guys.” Grabbing his bag and placing it on his shoulder he smiled.

“Oh, you excited?” Jongin asked, placing his chin on his hand as he stared up at his best friend who was about to start his very first day at university.

“I can’t believe you’re growing up!”

Zitao jumped out of his seat and hugged the other tightly. The younger rolled his eyes and pushed the boy off of him.

Sehun left quickly, the nerves running through his body as he got into his own car.

The other two boys in the house were at the window, watching him leave with little proud smiles on his face as he drove away. Zitao chuckled before he turned around and sat back at the kitchen table, staring up at Jongin and waiting for him to sit down as well. When he did, he spoke.

“So what are you going to do all day?” He asked, folding his arms across the table.

“Um… the same as you?” Jongin said, smiling. “Why?”

“Well… you see…” The older sighed a little before moving on. “Sehun goes to university, right?” Jongin nodded, failing to see the point the other was making. “And I have that job at the bar every night… so I think it’s only fair that you start doing something too.”

“Why? It’s not like we need the money.” The boy said. Tao sighed before he pointed to the fridge.

“Food. Food money.”

“Oh…”

Jongin frowned – although he knew that his other two roommates did do a lot of work and he had a tendency to lie around and party all night. Pouting his lips, he suddenly remembered something.

“Don’t worry, it’s not like I’m going to force you to buy me food. I have quite a lot of money on my card you know.”

Zitao rolled his eyes.

It didn’t seem like the other was understanding the point he was trying to make. Crossing his legs, he stared at the other in silence. Maybe the look he was giving the other would make him realise that Zitao was trying to help him.

As a couple of seconds passed, Jongin was getting tired of the other one staring at him like he was stupid.

Letting out a sigh, he pouted.

“Are you telling me I should get a job?” he said, his voice low because he was hoping that the other wouldn’t hear him and say no. Even though Jongin wasn’t completely inadequate at work, he just preferred having a free life. When Zitao nodded, the younger pouted and slid down a little. “Ugh why?”

“Because maybe it would be good for you!” Zitao said, chuckling at how sad the other looked at the sound of him getting a job.

Jongin lay his head on the table and sighed.

“…Maybe you’re right.” Zitao nodded.

“And you never know, you might even like it!” As a couple of seconds passed when all you could hear was Jongin’s slight groans, Zitao stood up immediately and moved over to his house mate, grinning at him. “Come on! Time to go get you a job.” Jongin’s face paled as he heard the other’s order, standing up nevertheless and letting the other drag him to their bedrooms to change.

Sehun took a deep breath as he stared out of the window of his car. Everyone was roaming around on their mobile phones or talking to their friends who walked alongside of him. He had hoped that everyone else was as worried and stressed as he was about starting at a new school. Especially university.

It’s like ten times harder. Gripping the steering wheel hard, he took a nice deep breath and removed the keys from the ignition, taking his seatbelt off and stepping out of the car.

Once he locked it, he grabbed his bag tightly and bit his lip. God, he just hoped that he was going to make some sort of friends here.

Yes he wasn’t living on campus, but he wanted more friends.

Just as he was about to walk forward with his head held high (or not), he got startled when he heard someone shout over to him. Or at least, he hoped it was him because Sehun turned around to face whoever was shouting and he was faced with a very cute boy who was grinning at him. Looking around confused, he pointed to himself as to ask if that’s who they were asking for.

“Yes you!” The cute boy shouted, skipping over the car park to reach where Sehun was and stood. “Hey.”

“Uh hey.” Sehun said, a little weirded out that someone was talking to him already.

“I’m Lu Han, what’s your name?” He asked. The boy was certainly chipper and looked older than Sehun. What the other was just wondering as to why Lu Han had begun to talk to him so suddenly.

But he wasn’t going to deny anyone that wanted to talk to him. Especially when he actually didn’t have anyone to talk to.

Or anyone this cute.

“Oh Sehun.” Sehun replied, giving the other his most charming smile before he began to lean on his car which was directly behind him. Lu Han, in front of him, gave him a very nice smile back.

Then he finally explained why he suddenly approached the other.

“I know, this seems totally weird, but can you come with me?” Lu Han said, his eyes wide with excitement but that did nothing to calm Sehun’s nerves. Going off with a stranger.

He had to be mad.

Sehun bit his lip before he shrugged his shoulders, nodding along as he finally replied to the others really weird question.

“Sure, but why?” He asked, but Lu Han didn’t wait to reply. Grabbing softly onto Sehun’s wrist, he pulled the boy along the car park, ignoring the small sounds of protests before after a few minutes they finally reached the destination.

Lu Han turned to the other and smiled at him. Motioning to the door that was behind him, he tried to explain what exactly they were doing there.

Sehun just stood and smiled.

“I realise that I seem like a complete creep for suddenly dragging you away – on the first day of the semester as well – but I really needed someone like you to be my partner on this one.” Lu Han explained, talking very fast and trying to explain it all in a second’s moment.

The other stared at him before looking behind him to try and see what was going on in the room that he was about to be dragged into.

But he couldn’t see anyone else in the room.

Who did he just follow?

“Basically, in a few minutes other people are going to be turning up for some sort of beginner party – and I know it’s absurd – but really it’s just to get to know other people.” The boy said, explaining it even more.

However, it still sounded like a lot of complication to Sehun because he had no idea why he had to be there. It was a mixer, sure, but Lu Han could have went to one himself – he didn’t need a complete stranger to follow him. But before he even had the chance to ask the other further questions, he was once again interrupted by the cute boy.

And it seemed he wasn’t even finished anyway. Lu Han tilted his head and smirked at the other as he spoke.

“And the punch line is, my friends and I kind of made a bet.”

It was starting to make a little sense. Although Sehun didn’t understand how he came into it. Tilting his head, he waited for the other to speak again.

Lu Han smiled.

“The bet was to bring the hottest guy – I am going to win over $500.” The boy explained, grinning as he once again took a hold of Sehun’s wrist and pulled him into the room. “So… is that alright with you?”

“Well you’ve already dragged me here, haven’t you?” Besides, Sehun did not mind being called hot by Lu Han.

“Great! I’m glad I brought you Sehun.”

Jongin and Zitao were currently sitting inside of a coffee shop, sipping their cups as the oldest tried to hold in his giggling at how the other seemed to be drained of life. You’d think after a nice walk in town and a cup of coffee the other would be feeling great but maybe it was because Zitao had somehow managed to convince the manager of the shop to hire Jongin.

And the starting date was tomorrow so he had also convinced his housemate to stay and scout the shop since he was going to be working there. But apparently the other still wasn’t enthusiastic at all about the new job.

Sipping his caramel latte, he sighed as he finished it and Jongin was still looking absolutely dreadful.

Standing up, he got the other’s attention very fast.

“Wait, where are you going?” Jongin asked, grabbing his coffee and swigging it down his own throat. The other pointed towards the counter and then motioned to his own empty coffee cup.

“Getting a refill so I can come back and watch you mope over nothing.”

Without waiting for the other’s reply, he moved towards the counter and waited in the line to get coffee. Letting out a sigh, he crossed his arms and began tapping his foot. Finally, he got to the counter and smiled at the same barista who had given them their first coffee – and he happened to also be the manager of the place.

With a smile, the manager began filling up the cups with Zitao’s last order – just like he remembered from last time.

“So, seems your friend is looking forward to work tomorrow?” The manager commented.

“Oh yeah, he’s very happy.” Zitao nodded and laughed along with the other. “He’ll be okay, he’s just… got a low tolerance for working to earn.” Zitao’s eyes widened when he realised he was actually talking to Jongin’s boss. “I-I mean he is very hard working though! A great worker. Fabulous. You will be lucky to have him!” His voice may have gotten a lot louder, but the other just laughed a little as he handed Zitao his order of coffee.

“I’m sure he is.”

When Zitao handed the other the money he owed, suddenly the manager shook his head, holding up his hands. Looking confused, Zitao stared at him.

“It’s on the house.” With a wink, the manager immediately began serving the person behind Zitao.

Zitao stared at the manager before walking away, a smirk on his red lips as he sat down. When he looked up at Jongin, the other was staring at him curiously.

“What?”

“Why are you blushing?” He asked, feeling rather innovated all of a sudden as his mind went onto his best friend’s cheeks. “What could have happened in the time that you went to get coffee to make you as red as a tomato?” His best friend pouted a little before he tried to secretly motion over to the counter. “What am I supposed to be looking at exactly?”

Rolling his eyes, Zitao motioned with his head this time towards the barista at the counter, hopefully the other would be able to get what he was trying to say. There was only a few things that could make Zitao blush.

A moment passed and Jongin was completely blank. Every time he looked over to the counter – that is where he presumed his friend was trying to point at – he saw nothing.

With a groan, Zitao finally just told him.

“Your new manager was flirting with me.” He finally said, staring at his friend with an annoyed expression on his face.

“Oh… Ew.” Jongin said, staring over at his soon-to-be-manager. “Well I mean, he’s not entirely bad looking. I suppose. Maybe if I saw him out of the coffee uniform.” Looking over the man once again, he shook his head. “Nah.”

“Well luckily he’s not flirting with you.” Zitao said, glaring hard.

“Sorry…”

“Just, make sure to put in a good word with me, alright?” The older whispered, thinking that he hadn’t had a date in a very long time which means he would be very interested if a good-looking blonde male was trying to flirt with him. “…I wonder how Sehun is doing.”

A change of subject would lighten the tense atmosphere here. Jongin nodded his head, pursing his lips as he thought about Sehun on his first day.

The kid didn’t have any problems making friends before but he was still a little worried.

After all, he was his and Zitao’s baby.

Lu Han and Sehun were currently at a corner in the room, chatting lightly for a while before they had to go to their first class in a while. Luckily the schedules at that particular university was very flexible. Sehun had come rather early to it because he needed time to make friends, and now, he was intensely glad that he did. Because Lu Han was definitely someone he could like.

After the rest of his friends had turned up – some of them with a partner and some of them without – they all awkwardly met each other. But surprisingly, it was in fact Lu Han that had won the bet.

To say that Sehun wasn’t proud would be a lie. Actually he was very proud. He was named hot by a lot of people within the first ten minutes of his arrival to university.

What a morning.

Just as their conversation had finished, Sehun looked at his clock and realised that if he didn’t move now (so that he could find the lecture theatre) he would be late for his first psychology class. Standing up, he smiled at Lu Han before motioning towards the door.

“I need to go to class now.” When he said that, Lu Han stood up and nodded, before tilting his head a little.

“What degree are you doing?” He wondered.

“Psychology. Yourself?”

“Computing Science.”

Sehun had to admit that he was rather impressed. Smiling at him, he turned around and began walking towards the door. Before he could actually get through it, however, he was stopped and Lu Han was in front of him. Grabbing Sehun’s arm, Lu Han had a pen in his right hand and was already writing on the younger’s hand.

When he was finished, Sehun grinned without look at what was on his hand before he ran out of the room. He definitely didn’t want to be late on his first day.

Very quickly, he managed to find the room he was in and got a seat.

“Phew!” he said rather loudly, gaining a few questionable looks getting thrown in his direction. Clearing his throat out of embarrassment, he got out his books and got ready to take notes.

That’s when he remembered that Lu Han had written something on his hand. When he looked at it, he all but smiled.

#07--------243, call me tomorrow!

Sehun couldn’t wait to tell his two housemates about him.

They are going to be so proud.


A/N: So, so? Whaddya all think? :)