Big Sister

The Devil In Black

BIG SISTER

 

Three years later ..........

Yul tap her long fingers on the steering wheel while exhaling impatiently. Seo still hasnt show up, though earlier she said she would go out in five minutes, and it is already past fifteen minutes. It’s already 3:30 PM and she must bring Seo to the SM Entertainment office, recording and artist management company, representing Seo in Apgujeong, so that her sister could be trained for a concert that will be held in a few months, after that she should take Seo return, before leaving again for a gig.

 

She should not tell Taeyeon to pursue her dream to take cuisine of Le cordon blue diploma in Paris at the time, and volunteered to be responsible for managing Seo for nine months. She did not think that LCB paris will accept Taeyeon that easily. And now, she has a responsibility to have her eyes on Seo, and she never had any idea how to be a friend with a teenager.

 

Yul had nearly 50 percent of her fans into this category, and she is confident she can make them scream hysterically with just saying "hi" with a wink, but other than that, her little girl is no different than alien. Her thought back on the scene three years ago when her father command him to this resposibility, oh, why she must comply with the request?! She did not owe anything to a man who never act like her dad. But Mom always told her to respect her parents, even if they didnt act like one. A few days after that she started the whole range of emotions, ranging from anger because dad giving responsibilities which should not be her responsibility, annoyed that he was not there so she could not argue with him, angry at herself that even considering the request, but the most important is the taste of fear. Scared  that she will make her dad dissapointed if she refuse his command.

 

Everyone always said that girls always be her daddy’s little girl, well, except for Yul. No matter how much she did not like her dad, she still wants some sort of agreement itself, and with difficulty, Yul swallow her anger and accept the resignation of her new role as stepsister of Seo. And because of that, Yul ignores her desire to go international and returned to Korea to begin her career in the countries all over again.

 

She was a bit surprised when people from the music industry of Korea began to ask her to be a singer of their company, without even listening to her song yet. She know that her family name, Kwon, has always been synonymous with the art world, but never thought that the transition from Paris to be as easy like this. All of Seoul community arts, is well acquainted with the name of Kwon, which are often referred to as the nobility of art because art in their blood flowing from one generation to generation. Her grandfathers was a painter who is well known name in the world of art. Her father was a legendary in the world of music. Aunt Tiff has followed Grandpa's footsteps to become a painter, while Uncle Young Bae, the most handsome of all, choose to become a star film. Eventhough Yul has many ​​cousins ​​who are working outside of the art world , the majority of them are still working on art, therefore, it makes her and Seo automatically work on the same field.

 

And now she should think of other ways to organize their lives with Seowhile waiting for Taeyeon to return, so the schedule is not messy like this. She also need to get back to her social life, because since Seo stay with her, she did not can lead women to stay home and was utterly destroy the single life she had this several years. Oh and yes, she is gay. Except to be known as a singer, she is also known as a player and she love this image.

 

Over the past week, Yul thinking of hiring an assistant who can take care of all Seo’s needs. Starts from school, so that they might help her with school work.

 

Yul almost jumps from her chair when she heard a knock on her window. On the other side, she saw Seo waving her hands. Theres two girls standing behind her. Little hesitant, Yul press a button to unlock the car door, and without saying "hi" to her.

"Unnie, sorry i’m late. Jin’s mom called and said she cant pick her up and ask her to take a cab. She lived in Apgujeong, close to the SM, I said we could take her home. We can, right unnie? And without waiting answers Yul’s answers, Seo immediately invite the other girls to enter the car.

"Oh yes, this is Jin’s sister, her name is Irene," continued Seo while pulling the seat belt.

 

"Jin, Irene, this is my sister, Yuri unnie."

She just turned and nodded to the girls and Irene who looks a bit stunned for two seconds before starting to cry of joy, with difficulty Yul refrained from covering her ears with her hands.

"OMG YURI UNNIE.You’re more y than on the TV. We’re your fans, and can you turn around for a while here so we can take a photo? Jin, you pose beside Yuri unnie, i will take your picture and after that you take mine, okay?, "said Irene with enthusiasm.

 

And during the next five minutes, with the resignation Yul posing with two teenage children, she hoped that the photograph will not end up in a strange website peculiar, because otherwise, artist management office will be pissed, the only reason why she's doing this is because the face of proud on Seo’s.Everyone there must be have a weak point, and for her, the weak point is Seo. She don’t know why, but she's willing to do anything as long as she can make Seo happy, though Seo seemed not have the same feeling about her.

One thing Yul learned after living with her sister is that Seo can only do three things, eating a whole plate of goguma, reading a self impovement books and watching Keroro all day long. Yul swears that if she hears that ost of Keroro again, she will cut her veins. But, Seo’s smile is very rare, so it really makes Yul happy to see her baby sis’ smile.

 

Yul sighed when she set her foot in the SM office for driving for almost an hour away from the school.

"Hey, you two," said Hyomin smiling when Yul and Seo walk past the dining room on the way to the back yard studio.

Yul went directly to the pregnant wife of Sunny and kissed her cheek.

"You look terrible," said Yul clasping Hyomin shoulder to see her face more clearly, Hyomin looked paler than usual.

Hyomin laughed at Yul’s remark. "Thank you for the compliment" Hyomin response pretend to be offended. Yul smoled

"are you having a days off?

"Return quickly from the office, not feeling well," said Hyomin while touching her belly.

"What about morning sickness?" Asked Yul concerned

"Like death. This should not be referred to as morning sickness, it is not just in the morning, but at noon or even at night."

Hyomin heard Yul chuckled. "So, just be patient. It will be worth in the end , right?”

“yeah, right.” Hyomin says.

“YAH! Where have you been?!” that is Sunny, Hyomin’s wife and the CEO of SM.

“well, from school? Uh, just take Seo to the practice now so she could finish it quick!” demand Yul. Sunny just rolled her eyes and take Seo to the practice room.

 

 

"Do you know a person that can be an assistant artist?” asked Yul after they’re gone.

 "Do you need an assistant to do?" Hyomin went to the sink to wash her hands.

"Not for me but for Seo."

Hyomin started frowning and Yul tells her about her reason and the complicated schedule. And of course, her love life.

"You basically want an assistant who doubles as a driver, baby sister, personal shopper, and a tutor?" Ask Hyomin summarize their conversation, drying her hands with a towel. Yul nodded, and Hyomin replied, "There’s no such assistant, Yul.”

Yul stared at Hyomin and growl of despair. "Agghhh, this is a nightmare. Why did Seo’s album had to be that success?  Who thought that Korean people like opera music? This is Sunny’s fault."

 

Hyomin looks confused for a second before asking, "So you blame Sunny for Seo’s success?"

"its not just Sunny, but the situation too. Seo is not ready to become famous, she was still too young. She should focus on school than  from the training in singing and concert ticket sales."

Understands of the main reason why Yul behave like this, Hyomin asked carefully, "I did not see you like this during Taeyeon stay two months ago, yet at that time Seo already become a famous singer like now. So, try ask yourself. Is it Seo that not ready or you? "

Yul stay silent. She admit that although Seo was only eighteen years old, the girl can adjust to fame and always be professional in her work.

Yul never once heard her complain with all the media attention that she got. All of Seo’s strange behavior at home isnt caused by fame.

 

"There’s no harm if you really want an assistant for Seo. But, you should discuss it with Seo, is she comfortable with a stranger around her? You must remember that Seo must like this person, that person will work with her everyday. One more thing that you may consider, cant you just hire a driver to take Seo to school and and a private tutor to do Seo’s homework?” Asked Hyomin.

Yul shook her head. "That means I have to employ two people at time. I will feel double guilt."

Hyomin stared at Yul in bewilderment, and Yul explains, "I feel that if I decide to hire an assistant that means I relinquish responsibility for managing Seo. Why do you smile like that? Is there anything funny?”

"Nope. Its strange to see you became a woman with responsibility," said Hyomin still with a smile concluded.

"I am trying, but I'm doing crappy at it," replied Yul. Hyomin pat Yul’s hand and said, "No, you're doing the best that you can. Youre a good sister Yul"

"You think so?"

"I know so," replied Hyomin sure. "You better tell Sunny so she can help you search an assistant for Seo, okay?" Yul stared at Hyomin and nodded. Yul now have to figure out a way to tell Seo about suggesting this without looking like she was trying to run from her responsibility. Who knows that having a little sister could be this difficult?