Prologue

The Devil In Black

PROLOGUE

 

The atmosphere at the meeting room is so tensed. There are 10 peoples there but no one mind to speak up. They would only whispering to each other like theyre afraid to be scolded if they speak in normal tone. When their gazed meet each other, they will give each other a small smile before look away to the other direction.

The majority of these people is her family, the family that she hasnt see for almost ten years and she doesnt even care if she wont see them on another ten years ahead, the thing that she want now is finishing this meeting as fast as she can take the first flight to Paris, back to the new life that she had build, alone, without anyone’s help, especially from these people in the meeting room.

The younger girl that sitting in front of her turns to look at her in the eyes, makes her shudder. The gazed is too deep for a 15 years old girl, she cant believe that the girl in front of her is Kwon Seohyun, her step sister. She turn her gaze to the woman whose sitting beside Seohyun, Taeyeon is Seo’s mother. She was 8 years old when Seohyun was delivered by Taeyeon, the second wife of her father. Her dad is a legendary drummer and he was a player. Like a general teenager before, at that time she won’t have any bussiness with her step sister. She already get used to be the independent one, which made she set a distance between her and her father’s new family.

And she never bear to call Taeyeon “Aunt Taeyeon” or even Mom because Taeyeon is more likely to be her sister not her mother. She spent one year to be with her father, Taeyeon and Seohyun before she went to US and then go to Paris for her study and because of it she never really get to know Seohyun and never want to know her if not because her dad’s died in a car accident one week ago.

At that time, stopping her from her train of thoughts, the door is opened revealing 3 man wearing a suit and introduced themself as a lawyer and walk in to the room. The eldest man of the  three smile to her, she just nod at him. Uncle Woo Bin, thats his name, introduced himself at her a few days ago at her father’s funeral.

Uncle WooBin take his seat at the center of the table and his partners take their seat each in beside him. After making sure that all pair of eyes already set on him, he starts his speech. “Good morning, before we start this meeting, i want to said my condolence to all of Kwon Hyuk Jae’s family. More than just a client, HyukJae is a good friend of mine, and it makes me sad to because he is no longer here with us.”

“My job as HyukJae’s lawyer is to read this will in a condition where he is no longer with us.” He said. He starts to open the big envelope in front of him and starts to read the content. She is really not interested with what her father said in that will. If it is not for Aunt Tiff who forced her to attend this meeting, she wont be here at all. She wont waste her time for this, everyone knows that he never in a good state with her father, because based on her, her father is more cared about her job more than his own child. Even her father never abandoned her and her mother, and he is not the type of father that will pick her child from school or playing with her, he really is a cold father. Her mom is the only parent that she have, and after her mom passed away, she lost the source of warmth in her life. The relationship with her father never got any better after she grown up.

She wait for Uncle WooBin finished reading the will lazily, she heard her father’s siblings name including Aunt Tiff being a heir of some of the property and some amount of money. And then Taeyeon and followed by Seohyun and another amount of wealth which she never knew he had. Hearing this, her father’s family almost immediately narrowed their eyes to Taeyeon. Ahh.. they still think that Taeyeon is a materialistic girl who wants to marry her father because of money, not even care that she already have a good marriage with him these years.

This time even before she hold herself she already chuckled and makes all of her father’s family looking at her with an intesed gaze and Uncle WooBin stop her reading.

“Is there anything funny, Yuri?” asked Aunt Tiff.

She makes a serious face and said “nothing, aunt.”

Her aunt still narrowed her eyes at her before turns to Uncle WooBin to let him resume with the will.

One after another of Kwon family attention turns back to Uncle Woobin which makes her sigh in relieved but the relieved is cut when she heard her name called.

“And for Kwon Yuri, my eldest daughter.. i give you my most precious one, which is your little sister, Seohyun, under your assistance. Come back to Seoul and live in our house and be responsible being a big sister. Make sure that she get everything that she needs. Dont dissapoint me.”

Her eyes widen and opened with a shock expression for a few minutes. She turns her gaze to Seo and Taeyeon who look at her with the same shock expression. She wants to make Uncle WooBin repeat what he have said because she thought that she failed to hear things but she know from confused face and pity expression from her family that what she heard is true.

“OH THAT BLOOD CRAZY OLD MAN! EVEN FROM HIS GRAVE HE STILL TRYING TO DESTROYING MY LIFE!!!!!” she shout and leave the room with angry face.

 

TBC.

i am sorry for my bad grammar. hope you enjoy it :)