The beginning

The Bestriend Love

It was late December and an 11-yr old girl stared at the sky, her eyes clearly show a layer of sadness. She closed her eyes and stuffed her hands in her pocket. She was lost in her thoughts and she didn't notice the boy who's been staring for a while. The first snowflakes of the year began to fall and the wind forced her jet black locks to sway in the rhythm of the wind. The sun reflected on the surface of her hair making it look fiery. She opened her eyes and took in the beauty of the scenery before her.

 

The sun's gold rays were fading down and down, just like her. 

 

She started walking to her house unaware of the boy's presence.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Mom! I'm home" Jira took of her shoes, still not used to her new house. She didn't like calling it home, her home was in Korea not... Canada. She didn't like it here. She missed Korea. She missed wearing uniforms. She just...ugh! Her mom hummed in response, Probably working, she thought.

 

As she turned to her room, she passed her parents' room, reeking of coffee and other caffinated drinks. Her mom was typing away and looking at the screen from time to time. Jira sighed and went to her room.

 

As she got to her room, she immediately took her backpack and sweater off and flunked down her bed. She was thinking,yet again. That's all she does these days, think. 

It was funny, how an 11-yr old can have so much things in her pretty little head. Her head was actually pretty clear, until her parents decided to go to the other side of the world that is.

She went down to the kitchen and grabbed a mug with hot coco and a bowl of ramen. She went upstairs and drank it all, brushed her teeth and fell asleep, thinking. Typical day for an 11 yr-old Jira.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

"Jira! Wake up! You're gonna be late for school" Her eyes snapped open and she immediately regretted it, the sun's rays hitting her eyes after hours. When her eyes adjusted to the lighting, she was met with her mom that was, of course, in her business suit. Her glasses hung from the bridge of her nose and her skirt hugged her hips closely, making her look y. One would think this "lady" was in her early 20s but no, her mom was actually 32, her mom married early and had Jira so she didn't really have time to explore the world and got stuck in business world since she was 21.

 

"Mum, do I have to go to school again?" She asked, hoping to get a different answer everytime. "Yes, honey" her mom replied, her cheek. Jira groaned in response. "Yes, mum" Her mom got up and got out of the room. Jira hopped out of her bed and changed into dark clothes, hoping to get unnoticed just for once.

 

As her mom drove closer and closer to the school, Jira's breath got caught in , seeing the group of girls standing there, looking at her car mockingly.

The girls immediately smiled at her direction and came up beside her, hooking their arms, pretending to be close. Her mom smiled as she saw her daughter making friends. Once her mom's car was out of sight, Jira's arm was tugged forcefully. "Hey there, asian." One blonde called her, the other girls snickered and kept calling her names. Asian, Vampire, Loser, Loner, these were some of the names they called her. Some guy even came up to her and whispered, "Chu hai ma ni? (That doesn't actually mean anything, he's saying it to insult her language)" then laughed his head off. It's only my second day here. She groaned, reality hitting her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"It seems like we have some new students here. I'm sorry if you didn't get to introduce yourself yesterday, there was alot of organizing and stuff done so... Let's start with you." He pointed to a blonde girl. "Hi! My name is Alicia and I came from River Heights School." She sat back sown to her seat and the teacher pointed at a boy with dark brown hair. "Uhh... Hi, My name is Kris but my chinese name is Yifan, Wu Yifan." His engish was pretty shaky but it was understandable. He then pointed to Jira. "Hello. My name Jung Jira. If you didn't know, in Korean the last name goes first therefore my name is Jira, not Jung." She then sat down and realized that everyone was looking at her, some mouths agaped. She looked around in wonder. "Her english grammar is better than yours, Cole!" some boy broke the silence, apparently his name was Kaleb. The boy, whose name was Cole came up to her and apologized for making fun of her language. Some girls just looked bored, not really caring. Some boys still didn't like her and bullied her at recess but still, some boys always defended her when they saw what people did to her. It was getting easier.
 

"Hey Jira! I was wondering if you would like to hang out with us at recess." Some boys came up to her (You thought they were girls, didn't you? kekeke). The girls looked at her in wonder, thinking the same thing, Why do the boys want to be with her?. She nodded and walked outside with them. She heard small, hushed whisperings from the boys and she looked around, curious. "What?" she asked. "Nothing." a boy named Logan  quickly answered and she shrugged it off, oblivious to what was gonna happen.