Chapter 3: The One

The perfect husband

Chapter 3 :the one

I was awake by Himchan who asked me to meet him near a garage not far from my place. He said it's very important (and believe me if Himchan use the word important it is important). I wonder if it's about Yongguk or about the plan. Maybe both, he never called me that soon the morning. Maybe another crazy idea. As desperate as I am, I take everything. And even if my friend's ideas were always crazy, he managed to make it work. I won't say it to him, but sometimes, I think he is a genius.

Even if the place we have to meet is not far, I take the time to choose carefully my clothes and make myself beautiful. Who knows maybe someone will be attracted to me and will help me. No okay maybe I'm dreaming too much. Stop thinking Youngjae you'll be late and Himchan's gonna kill you.

--------------------------

HC: What took you so long I called you a hour ago and we're at five minutes from your home. Rules number one, never meet Himchan late. Except if you're Bang Yongguk.

YJ: Yeah yeah sorry I'm here now.

HC: So you don't ask me why I called you to meet me here? Suddenly back to his good mood. I don't like this look.

YJ: Why am I here ? I didn't know there was a garage here, if Himchan didn't tell me I would never know. Not like I care anyway.

HC: That's not exactly what I asked you to as...

YJ: CHANIE

HC: Ok I tell you. Remember yesterday when Yongguk wanted to talk to me and the other time when I thought he cheated on me. What a question.

YJ: Of course I remember you were crazy. And when I say crazy I'm nice.

HC: Well listen, the man who called him is his cousin from Busan and he helped him moving in Seoul. I knew he was just paranoid.

YJ: I'm happy for you it's a good news but why am I in this place? a café would be a better place to talk. Seriously he wanted to meet in front of a garage to tell me that. Sometimes I don't understand him really. He could have just come to my place.

HC: Wait I'm not done. So his cousin work in this garage. We talked a lot yesterday when I met him he is a really good boy and I can tell you, he'll be perfect for the plan he already accepted to help you. Wait Yongguk's cousin work here and he wants to help me ? Why didn't he tell me that on the phone ? Why am I thinking about such a stupid thing, my friend is saving my pretty .

YJ: You mean he can be Jaebum this weekend and meet my parents!? Oh Himchan I love you so much thank you. I can't help it, I hug him with all my strength. I trust him so if he says the guy is good I know it's true. Himchan is very difficult in men taste, more than me. Once again he saves my life.

HC: Yeah I know you're nothing without me, c'mon he is probably waiting for us. We made our way inside the garage, curiously this is not dirty like all garages. Maybe it's because it opened recently that's why I didn't know it existences. Or simply because it's a garage, not the kind of place I notice. The place is empty, there's nothing... except an old car with a pair of legs under the car.

HC: Hey Daehyun we're here. The name sounds familiar.

The feet under the car move.

DH: Wait I'm coming.

The man, Daehyun got out from under the car and walk toward us a side smile on his face. The name sounds familiar but not the face. This guy could definitely be my fiancé for the weekend. I told my parents already how handsome JB is. And this man is... perfect, I couldn't find better.

DH: Hi I'm Daehyun and you're Youngjae right? Nice to meet you he said shaking my hand. I don't really like handshakes. With Himchan to say hello we hug and with JB we used to kiss like a normal couple. His skin is soft despite him working in a garage.

The guy himself is not bad no in fact he is really hot but I wont admit it, no way. With a smile like his I can't even imagine how many girls or boys (I don't know if he is gay) he can have. You know he's this type of guy we call everyone style. You can't say he is not your type, you know what I mean.

YJ: Yeah it's me nice to meet you too Daehyun and thanks for helping me. His smile never left his face. I wonder what he is thinking to smile that much. I'm not used to it, JB didn't smile a lot. But like it.

HC: Okay I let you two know more about each other. Himchan that bastard is leaving us.

DH: Is there anything you need to know about me ? Or anything I can do? He asked with a serious tone. Oh he can be serious too it's a good thing.

YJ: HM do you have something else to wear that clothes full of oil and gasoline. I can't imagine Jaebum in mechanic clothes.

DH: Oh yeah of course don't worry.

YJ: Do you have a car I don't have a driver license but I do have a car.

DH: I have an old car.

YJ: We'll take mine. Can you do something with your hair? His messy hair gave him a hot badass look, but for a lawyer he had to style it more.

DH: What's wrong with my hair you don't like it? He said passing a hand in his hair.

YJ: No I like it, but it doesn't look very professional. You're a business man, remember.

DH: Yeah no problem, I understand.

YJ: Great, tomorrow 9 a.m. You come to take me and we'll take my car. Don't be late.

DH: Uh ok.

I left my address before leaving the place.

DH: Wait. He followed me outside. I have few questions can we talk somewhere else ? 

YJ: Okay I let you time to change your clothes. I'll see you in the café around the corner. He takes a look at his clothes. Don't tell me he wanted to go out like this.

I walk to the nearest coffee shop, waiting for him. He joined me minutes later in jeans and bright white shirts. This man is definitely a y beast. And he does have clean clothes. White is a nice color when you have such a great body.

DH: Did you order yet. I shake my head.

YJ: No, but I'll take a latte. He goes to the counter to order and comes back with our drinks. 

DH: Here. He handed me my drink. I thank him. I see him rolling up his sleeves before sitting on the chair facing me.

YJ: What do you want to know ? I Sigh.

DH: Do you have food allergies ? Is he serious ?

YJ: No and I hope you don't. I said my mother you didn't have any food allergies. It was a good question finally.

DH: Don't worry, I can eat everything. How did we meet ?  I should have make a list with informations he needed to know. I was so focused on finding someone, I didn't think about that details.

YJ: We met during a fashion show, my boss presented us to each other. The following weeks we went on dates and ended up together. He nods.

DH: Himchan didn't tell me everything, can you explain more about what I'm supposed to do.

YJ: You just have to pretend to be my boyfriend, well fiancé... Soon to be husband. You're a lawyer. All you have to do is being here. Be Jaebum. I'll pay you good, did Himchan told you how much?

DH: I don't want to be paid for that. I told him already.

YJ: Are you sure? I can't let you help me without giving you anything.

DH: No really I insist. You know it's stupid but I have my proud and I can't accept easy money like this. I'm a man. I see he is the macho type. I like this. And it's not like you don't give me anything, I'll get free food for two days. He joked.

YJ: Knowing my mom you don't have to be worry about food.

DH: So basically, all I have to do is be confortable in my lawyer role ?

YJ: Well yes.

DH: Okay it seems easy, I work with Guk in the office so suit and tie is my thing. I swear this man is the jackpot. He can do everything. I'll really have to do something for Himchan to thank him.

YJ: If you don't have more questions, I have to go. We'll talk more on the road, the drive will be quite long. Thanks for the drink.

I hope this guy won't mess up. I have bad experiences with handsome boys so I'm still suspicious.

 

--------------------------

 

Friday, 8:55 P.M with a new haircut and a clean suit, he is here.

YJ: Daehyun it really suits you and you're on time. Good first impression.

DH: Thanks you're good too. He looks a bit shy now lol it's cute. Is this your car ? He asks me pointing at my car. I nod and now he is the impress one.

I give him the keys and let's go.

DH: What do you have a car and not your license? It would be a lie if I say I didn't wait for this question.

YJ: I never felt the need to drive, my ex was the driver and to be honest since I met him I never thought being single again.

DH: Can I ask you why did you broke up I mean you're gorgeous and all? I can see he was hesitant. He feared my answer or my reaction. I can see it even with his gaze on the road. This guy is easy to read.

YJ: Thanks for the compliment. I smiled I don't really know why, our relation was good, maybe he was not ready. I'm sure he'll come back.

DH: HM okay. huh, Will you take him back if he does?

YJ: Well, honestly I don't know. He's my first serious relationship and It will take times before I move on, but I'm enough of being fooled. He used some hurting words when we broke up, I don't know if I can forgive him. Distraction, that's the worst thing he could call me after what we lived together. What about you ? Are you really single ? I mean don't take it personally but you look like the playboy type.

He let escape a mocking laugh. I like the sound of his laugh, it's manly and childish at the same time. Is this possible?

DH: I knew you would think that and believe it or not, it's because of this playboy face I'm single. It's a joke right ?

YJ: What do you mean ? I don't understand.

DH: You know when you look like a ladies man, people think you are one. My ex was extremely jealous. When I get home late from work, she thought I was with someone else. I may look like a playboy but I'm not. I believe in love, I really do but you know, when the one you love don't trust you, it hurts. This guy is damn serious. I like this side of him. I'm embarrassed now, I don't know what to say. When I met her, I had recently been through a heartbreak, so I ended things with her before It could get too serious. I don't think my heart could handle a third bad love story.

YJ: You mean you had your heart broken two times? I nearly shouted. The guy was so unlucky. 

DH: Hell yeah. Love has been hard on me. But I don't really like to talk about it. I try to forget all of this.

YJ- Hm yeah you're right. Okay maybe I should have stay with my mouth shut. I always need to say something even if it's useless. Really Youngjae you need to learn how to use your mouth. Now the atmosphere is awkward.

The rest of the ride went on with us exchanging as much informations as possible about each others. I explained certain things about my ex he had to know.