Ch. 5: An Apology

The Heir

            Walking into a enormous and glamourous studio with cameras almost on every table White, solid grey, dark heather grey, and other solid colors background screen hanging against the walls, umbrella lights standing on the sides, and other equipment in the room. Nana was just astound as she enter the studio. A lady approach her with smiles—reach her hand out to greet Nana. She accept the handshake.

            “Hi, I’m Jooyeon, you must be Nana.”

            Nana mannerly bow to her, “Yes, I am.”

“Hi, I’m Yenny. Let me introduce you to a couple new staffs.” She led the way. Nana follow closely behind. They stop. In front of them is two men and women. “This is Ren, fashion supervisor.” The Platinum blonde hair hold his hand out, and Nana shake his hand. “Next to his is Heechul.” The medium brown hair welcome her with a hug. “This beautiful ladies here are Gyuri and Jooyeon. Ladies and gentlemen, this Im Jin Ah, our new model.”

            Nana politely bow to them. “Hi, it is nice to meet you all. You can call me Nana.”

            “Wow, you are tall and very pretty. I heard you were rank on the top ten beautiful face last year.” Said Jooyeon.

            Nana flush. “Thank you. I’m just a simple girl.”

            “Well, I’ve heard much about you.” Heechul praise.

            Nana flush again.

            “Alright, lets’ get you change and ready for an intro photo shoot.” Gyuri saids, softly.

            Nana follows her into the changing room. The door open to a big gold wall room, Nana eyes widen as if she was in paradise; the beautiful dresses, tops, pants, and shoes. It’s all in one room. 

            “Wow.” She said, astound. 

            “Yes, I had the same expression when I first came here.” Gyuri said. “Let’s have you put on a dress.” She said. Guiding her to the walk-in closet and pick out a dress for her.

            Nana take the dress and went into the fitting room in the corner. Forty five minutes later, Guyri and Nana join the group in the Photo room. Heechul and Ren walk up to Nana, pull her over to a seat behind a large mirror and apply make-ups and style her hair. It takes them approximately twenty minutes to do all the work on Nana.

            “Alright, we start now. The first two will be Nana ad Uee.” The photographer shout.

            Nana stand and walks over to the photographer. They spoke, the photographer give instruction to the ladies before the shoot begin. Taecyeon and Yunho enter the studio, catching numerous of ladies attention and whispering in the room. Immediately, Taecyeon look at Nana, her beauty have caught his attention.

            “Good evening Mr. Ok and Mr. Jung.” Yenny greeted them with a polite bow. Others immediately greet them with a bow.

            The photographer and greet them. “Hello, I didn’t you two coming in.”

            “We just got here. How is everything?” Yunho ask.

            “As of now, everything is going smooth. We’re about to get started.”

            Nana looks at Taecyeon and caught his eyes contact in return.

            “This is Nana and Uee.”

            Taecyeon hold his hand out at Nana, she accept his hand shake with a smile. “Hi, I’m Im Jin Ah, but I prefer you call me Nana.”

            “Hi Nana.” Taecyeon said, calmly.

            Yunho greeted Uee with a hand shake as well.

            “You two ladies are lovely.” Taecyeon praise.

            “Thank you Mr. Ok.”

            “Please call me Taecyeon.”

            Standing from aside, observing the way Taecyeon looks at Nana, Yenny step up and interrupt their staring game.

            “Mr. Ok, would you like something to drink?” Yenny ask.

            “I’m fine. Thank you.” He said.

            “Alright ladies, please stand on the white sheet.” The photographer ask.

            Nana turn and walks to the white sheet with Uee. Taecyeon stand behind the umbrella light and watch. The light flashes repeatedly. From one pose to another, the two girls’ sharing the light in the room.

64fa0ee3f9e2c82720f781250b5a082e.jpg

 

          Nana did a little spin with a soft and light smile; her hairs sprung gracefully in the air. Taecyeon could not takes his eyes off her. It was as if an angel have fallen from the sky into his arms as he stand with his hands in the pocket, trying to hold himself together. Nana glance over and meet his charisma eyes looking at her. The next two ladies shares the lights. Nana went into the dressing room and change into another outfit. Taecyeon turn away from the lights and join Yunho in the conversation with the stylists.

            “Okay, you two can leave.” Yunho said. The stylists leave. Yunho turn his direction to Taecyeon, “Done checking them out already?”

            “Hey, you’re making sound like you’re a player here. I’m here for business.” He said, defensively. Feeling a vibration in his pant pocket, he reach his right hand in and pull out his cellphone. “I need to make a call.” He said before stepping aside into the corner of the room.

            Yunho watch him for a second before he turn his attention to the model given from the fashion supervisor.

            Nana walk out of the dressing room to the Ren. They had a little chat. Taecyeon continues to talk on the phone as he face the wall. “Text me if you have any more info. I want to know what they’re up too….Bye.” He end the call and turn around. The moment he turn, his jaw drop at the beauty yet y Nana standing beside Ren.

            “Nana, you’re going to do a solo this time. Please get ready in five.” the photographer said.

            Nana nod. Ren finish curling her hair. Nana stand and walks over to the shoe rackets where dozen heels hanging.

            “Taec! Come here!” Yunho shout.

            Taecyeon walk to him. Nana stand and indecisively looks at the heels. He stop and stand behind her; he looks at the heels and then back at her. Walking up to the shoe racks, he reach for a black with crystals heels. Nana puzzlingly watch him grab one and walks up to her.

            “This one suit you well.” He said in a husky and manly voice.

            Nana grab the heels and put it on.  “Thank you.” She said, nervously.

            “Am I that scary?” He said as he watches her hurriedly put on her heel.

            Not responding back to him, Nana focus on fixing her heels. Taecyeon reach his hand out, offering to help her stand. Nana looks at his hand then at him; she hesitate as she looks into his intense eyes. He mildly his head with a calm expression, Nana finally reach her hand out and place it over his. He securely hold her hand and help her up to her feet.

            “My name is Taecyeon.”

            “Nana.”

            “Nice to meet you. You are very beautiful.”

            “Nice to meet you too. And thank you. You are not bad either… I bet a lot of women can’t escape your hands.” She said, calmly. “Especially, a man like you with millions of KRW in your hands. I doubt you can catch them whenever you want.”

            Taecyeon lightly smiles at her words. “Thank you, but none catches my eyes.”

           “I’m pretty sure, I’m one of them too.”

           “Don’t’ be so sure about that.”

           Nana nervously looks into his trap gaze as her hearts beating furiously fast. She grab a hold of herself and pull her hand back, “Sorry, I have to go back to shoot.” She walks past without glancing at him.

AS_First+Love_04.jpgNana - After School - First Love Concept Image

            Taecyeon joyfully smiles in defeat as he watches her. Yunho walks up to him, light elbow him.

            “That smile…seem different.” Yunho said.

            “What smile? It’s the same.” Taecyeon reply, “You wouldn’t believe that I just got rejected before making any moves.”

            “Really? I guess she know what type of a guy you are. Maybe, she’s not interest in you.” Yunho said. “Anyway, any news?”

            “Yes. The Yoo’s men are going to this bar tonight. They usually not around this area, I’m assuming they’re up to something. I can’t be sure, but I’ll go find out. On the other hand, you have somewhere you need to be at, so don’t worry about it.”

            “Just don’t make a mess.”

            “I never make a mess.” Taecyeon confidently said.

            “By the way, did you know if they will show up this Friday or not?”

            “I don’t know. I don’t think Nichkhun invited him.” Taecyeon turn and look at him. “Why?”

            “I don’t feel good about this Friday.”

            “Don’t worry. I will have extra security this Friday.”

            Yunho quietly sigh and watch the model change their pose from a short distant with Taecyeon. Nana standing with UEE on the white sheet, glance over at Taecyeon, who is watching her. Immediately, she looks away and nervously gulp. Taecyeon softly smirk as he caught her little apple drop.

* * * *

            One day have gone by, the girls (Jiyeon, Nana, and Guk Joo) have finish their exam and plan on celebrating at a local bar in the city. Dressing up femininely except Jiyeon, who is in delicate casual; super skinny black jean with black blouse, black skinny belt, grey jacket, and high heel.

            “Wow, the elegant yet y Jiyeon. You should curl your beautiful long hair more often.” Guk Joo praise.

            “Girl, you are hot!” Nana said as she run to her. See? Be confidently. You have a nice body, beautiful face and hair. Men will come to you.” Nana said.

            Jiyeon blush, “Thank you girls.”

            Suddenly, a couple knock on the door echo through the apartment. Guk Joo went to answer and receive a letter and a bouquet of flower from a mailman. She close the door and walk to Jiyeon

            “This is for you.” Guk Joo said as she hand her the items.

            Jiyeon takes it and open the letter. “Jiyeon, I am sorry for the misunderstanding between us. Those words I said at the coffee shop are the truth. Yes, I do want to become friend with you…..it’s just that I’m afraid this friendship will fall if I take the next step. There are reason why I told you to stay clear from me. I was not joking, and it’s for your own safety. I hope you understand. Please forgive me. In a bouquet of rose, there is a box…a gift for you. I hope you like it. –Nichkhun”

            “Ommo. Ommo. It’s from Mr. Horvejkul. How does he know where you live?” Guk Joo ask, curiously.

            “Did something happen? Is he trying to go after you?” Nana ask.

            Jiyeon mood sour as she look at the rose, a sudden flashback cross her mind. She recalled the things he had said to her the other day at the coffee shop. Putting the letter aside, she take out a dark color box and open it.

            “WOW!” Guk Joo shout. “It’s beautiful.”

            “This is Vera Wang special edition bracelet. Not many can get it or afford it.” Nana said.

            “I’m sending it back to him.”

            “What! Why?” Guk Joo pout. “It’s beautiful and an apology from him. I don’t what happen between you but keep the bracelet so that I can borrow it and wear it.” She plead.

            “No. I’m going to return it to him tomorrow.” Jiyeon said, stubbornly.

            Guk Joo unhappily pout, “Fine.”

            “Jiyeon, are you okay?” Nana ask, concernly.

            “I’m fine. We should go.” Jiyeon said.

            “Yeah, we got to go anyway.” Said Guk Joo, “Myungsoo, and others are waiting for us at the bar.”

            They all grab their purchase and leave the apartment down to Guk Joo car. Guk Joo start the engine and head to the bar in the inside the city. Circling from street to the next, she finally found a parking spot and park. All leaving the car at the same time, Guk Joo lock her car and the three ladies head to the bar.

            “Okay! 1…2…3! Myungsoo shout happily.

            Everybody chug a shot down their throat and laugh.

            “We made it! Only one semester left!” Guk Joo shout, happily.

            Nana laughs as she watch the excite Guk Joo moving her body to the rhythm of the beat.

            “Alright, another one for final exam.” A man at the table said as he hold up a shot glass in the air.

            Myungsoo pour more into the ladies shot glasses and his. They all hold it up and cheer before chugging it again. The celebration continues with drinks, talks, and laughter at the table. Jiyeon find herself out of the circle and into her own as she think about the gift and roses from Nichkhun. Jiyeon got up and went to the ladies room; she stood and wait in line.

            A group of men enter the bar went to the corner table of the bar; kicking out those who were sitting there. The server immediately clean the table and seat for them. Nana, Guk Joo, and a couple others watch from their seat. They were just annoy and disgust by the group of men’ actions.

            Washing her hand, Jiyeon heard a ding coming out from her purse. She clean her hand with paper towel and takes out her cellphone. It was a message from Nichkhun, she open it and read the message. “Did you get my mail?—Nichkhun.”

            Jiyeon roll her eyes and dials his number. It rings and she waits.

            “Annyoung Jiyeon.” Nichkhun answer.

            “Yes, I’ve received it and will send it back to you. I don’t need your gift.” She slur at him.

            “Jiyeon, are you okay? You sound strange?” Nichkhun ask, worriedly.

            “I’m fine. I’m at a bar with my friends.”

            “Which bar? And where?”

            “You don’t need to know. You just need to steer clear from me.”

            “Jiyeon, tell me where you are now?” Nichkhun said, angrily.

            “You are really bossy. Why should I tell you? I’m doing what you told me to do, steer clear from me, remember?” Jiyeon said, upsetly.

            “Jiyeon, tell m—.”

            “I gotta go, my friends is waiting for me.” Jiyeon said and immediately end the call. She exhale deeply and looks to the girl next to her. “I told him. I did it.”

            The lady next to her awkwardly looks at her. Jiyeon awkwardly smiles before she leave the ladies room. She stand in front of the mirror, looking at herself and then at her phone. Biting her bottom lips, she search for his number in her phone. She place her thumb over the red “Delete” button, hesitating a bit before she press her thumb on the “house” button, taking her back to the main screen. She jump in shock at a man standing in front of her.

            “What the—Nichkhun.”

            “Jiyeon.” He said in cold tone with his hands in his black pant pockets.

            “Wh—what are you doing here?” She ask. “How did you know I was here?”

            A lady exit the ladies room, but was block by Jiyeon. She step forward a couple steps, giving the lady a little room to leave the small hall.            

“Beside a business, I’m here because you left me hanging. You think I wouldn’t know where you were?” He said in an angry tone.

            “Why is he angry at me? It should be the other way around.” Jiyeon whispered inside her head before guilty yet upsetly looks away.

            “Luckily, I happen to be around here, so I track your phone and immediately rush to here.”

            Jiyeon looks at her phone, “What! There’s a tracker in here. I gotta change my phone.”

            “Don’t even try, it’s not the phone fault. I track you by your phone number.” He said, calmly.

            Jiyeon bit her bottom lips. “He can read minds now?”

            “You got to stop doing that.” Nichkhun said.

            “Can you stop being so bossy around me?” Jiyeon said. “I had enough of your control freak this past couple days. You told me to stay away from you, but why the hell are you here?” She raise her voice.

            “I’m here because I received a call from you in your unstable condition.”

            “I’m stable. I can walk perfectly fine.” She tighten her grip around her cellphone.

            “You’re stable?” He cocked his head, doubting her words as he eyes looks up and down at her. “How many drinks have you had?”

            “About 4..5….why does it matter to you?”

            “Because you are a woman…someone that I know and wishes nothing to happen to you.”

            Jiyeon glance away from his eyes, breaking the connection for a moment, then she gaze at him again. “I receive your gift, but I’m sorry I can’t accept it. I will send it back to you tomorrow.” She said before she walks away.

            Nichkhun lift his hand up and was about to grab her arm, but something inside of him stop him from doing so. He turn and watches her leave.

            Jiyeon return to the table with an unhappy mood and eyes nearly in tears.

            “Are you okay?” Nana ask.

            “Did something happen?” Guk Joo ask.

            “Nichkhun. He’s here.” Jiyeon said.            

            Myungsoo looks around and sees Nichkhun at a table across the room. He glares at him then soften his facial expression at Jiyeon.

            “What did he said?” Nana ask.

            “Where is he? I’ll go talk to him for you.” Guk Joo said.

            “Nothing. I’m fine. Let’s continues. I don’t want him to ruin our mood.” Jiyeon said through her red eyes. She grab a bottle of whiskey and pour it in everyone shot glass.

            They worriedly watches her as they held their glass. Jiyeon pick hers up and hold it to the middle of the small round table.

            “Congratz to us! We made it through our finals!” Jiyeon said, loudly.

            They cheer and takes a shot.

            Nichkhun uncomfortably watches from his seat. He watches Myungsoo slowly moving closure to Jiyeon flares the demon inside of him. Taecyeon notices Nichkhun staring at one position for a quite a while, he looks at the direction Nichkhun’s is looking at and sees Nana with two other ladies beside her. Taecyeon expression change when he sees a man next to Nana wrap his arm around her.

            “What an unpleasant view.” Taecyeon said.

            Nichkhun sighed and drink his glass of whiskey.

            “I want to go out for some fresh air.” Jiyeon said as she stand and head to the exit.

            “I’ll go with her.” Myungsoo said to Guk Joo and grabs Jiyeon jacket with him. He rushes out of the bar.

            Nichkhun put down his glass and follow them.

            Jiyeon stand under the streetlight near an alley. Inhaling and exhaling as she stares at the road. Myungsoo join her. He put her jacket on her and stand beside her.

            “Are you okay?” He ask.

            “I’m fine. It’s feels good to be out here.” Jiyeon said.

            “That’s good. If you don’t want to stay, we can leave and go somewhere else.” He suggest.

            “Here is fine. There’s no need to go anywhere else.”

            A silent moment whisk across them. Myungsoo gulp and looks at her.

            “Jiyeon, there’s something I need to said to you.”

            Jiyeon gawkily looks at him.

            “Have you been noticing me lately?..... Or this past few years?” He ask.

            “What?”

            “Have you seen me other than just friend?”

            “Myungsoo, are you telling me you like…”

            “Yes, Jiyeon. I like you. It’s been a while now. There are times I want to confess to you but every time I do, someone comes in between us or you getting drag away.” Myungsoo said as he grabs her arms.

            “Myungsoo, I—I don’t see us that way.” Jiyeon said, uncomfortably. “You’re drunk.”

            “Jiyeon, I like you a lot and I hope you feel the same way as I do to you.” Myungsoo step closer to her.

            Understanding he’s potential, Jiyeon struggle to break free from his grip. “No, Myungsoo.”

 

To be continues………………….