Ch. 10: A Surprise

The Heir

           Yunho park in front of Claudia house, he turn off the engine of his car and get out of the car. Nervously, he walks up to a two story house, but stop when he see her walking out of the house. Breathlessly taken away by the pleasant and beautiful view, Yunho was awe.

01cabf3e3481d6235a98a5628e157024.jpg(Imagine Claudia in this dress)

            “Wow.” Yunho was speechless as he soullessly gaze at her. “You are very stunning tonight.”

            “Thank you.” She flushed, lifting her head up and looks at him. “You are very handsome tonight.” She praised.

 tumblr_mctyrkMkuj1rrcqrlo1_1280.jpg

            Yunho walks up to her, takes off his jacket and wrap it around her.

            “It’s cold tonight. You wear so less. I will be at fault if I cause you sick.”

            Claudia smiles warmly. She wraps her hands around his arms and walks with him to his car. Yunho open the door for her and wait for to take a seat before he close the door. Walking around the car, he open the door and get into his car. Staring the engine he turn on the heat then drive to the club.

            “How is your hand?” She asked.

            “It have heal.” He said a soft tone. “Thanks to you.”

            “I did nothing but bandage you hand.”

            “Your skill and special dessert heals it.”

            She blushed.

            Almost a thirty minutes ride, Yunho finally arrive and park at the VIP spot. Turning off his car engine, he step out and immediately walks over to the passenger side and open the door for her. She takes off his jacket return it to him.

“Thank you, I am warm.” She said. “You need to look perfect.”

He takes the jacket and wear it. She helps him fix the collar and button up his jacket. He reach for her hand, crooked in his arm, and close the door. He press the button on his remote, locking his car and walks into the club. The guards open the doors and bow to them. Entering the club, the music boom loudly, people dancing on the dance floor. Claudia tighten her grip, afraid of getting lost in the crowd.

            “Don’t worry, I won’t let you out of my sight.” He comforting said.

            A nervous smiles flash across her face before they proceed to Nichkhun and Taecyeon.

            “Sorry, I’m late.” Yunho said. “Claudia, this is Nichkhun and Taecyeon.” He introduced them to her.

            She reach her right hand out and shake their hands, “Nice to meet you.”

            “Finally, we get to see the beautiful Claudia. We heard a lot about you.” Taecyeon teased.

            Yunho glares at him.

            “Thank you for coming tonight. It probably won’t be a perfect night if you’re not here.” Nichkhun said.

            “Yunho oppaa!” Lena shout from the entrance. She sprint to him and embrace him tightly. Taken by surprise, Claudia back away a little, giving them rooms. “Happy Birthday!”

            Yunho smiles and pats her back lightly, “Thank you. When did you come back?”

            Lena break away, “Today. Nichkhun pick me up at the airport this evening.” She answered.

            “What about this oppa?” Taecyeon said, childishly.

            Lena walks to him and hug him as well. “I miss you too oppa. You look really handsome tonight.”

03dbf857a0e94e6a4a6ac874c3221c64.jpg

            Taecyeon welcome her with a warm hug. “It’s good to see you again, I’m hoping you’re staying here from now on.”

            The embrace parted and Lena nodded her head. “Yes I am. I have register to Yonsei University already and will start soon.”

            “In the middle of the course?” Nichkhun asked.

            “Yes, just the 1 credit course that is only one month long.”

            “That’s good.” Taecyeon pat her head. He turn and look at Claudia, who seem uncomfortable and confuse standing next to Yunho. “Oh by the way, this is Lena, Nichkhun’s younger sister. We were just talking about someone birthday tonight.” Taecyeon blurt out.

            Claudia gaze at him surprisingly.

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to ignore you. You’re really pretty. I’m Lena, I’m their little sister. When did you and Yunho meet and how? How long have you and him been dating?” She said. Yunho embarrassedly looks away. 

            Claudia shyly and mannerly bow to Lena before she answer her question. “Nice to meet you too. And thank you. Yunho is a regular at my family restaurant. We’re not together. He ask me to come with him tonight without telling me that tonight was his birthday.”

            “Wow, this sound like Romeo and Juliet.” Lena smiles excitedly.

            “Anyway, we’re going to greet others. You two enjoy, okay?” Taecyeon said.

            Claudia nod. Taecyeon pat Yunho arm before he walks to the guests with Nichkhun.

            “I’m sorry I didn’t get you a gift.”

            “You coming here tonight is my gift.” He said as he gaze at her.

            Claudia tip toe and peck his left cheek. Yunho eyes flew wide in surprise. He looks at her, waiting for an explanation.

            “Since I didn’t get you a gift, I might as well give you a birthday kiss.” She shyly said.

            Yunho was speechless as his eye still gaze at her.

            As Taecyeon continues to talk to the guests, enjoying the music. Nichkhun pull out his phone, dial Jiyeon number; trying to get a hold of her, but she did not answer her phone. His worries increase as he continues to call her and looking around the club for her.

            The manager walks up to the stage, grab the microphone and smiles.

            “Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I hope you all are having a great time tonight.” Said the manager through the microphone. The guests raise their drinks up in the air. “Great. Now I have a surprise for the hosts of tonight. Tonight I have a special performance ready for Mr. Jung, Mr. Horvejkul, and Mr. Ok. It may not be much, but they are talented people. Please welcome this wonderful ladies and men.”

            The light of the stage darken for ten second. Everybody looks at each other confusingly then the light goes back on at a dim-level. Standing at the center, Jiyeon rest her hands at her hip and slowly rest her head up. Nana seductively runs her fingers through her soft blonde hair as the music goes on.

B-YAfd2IIAADVuX.jpg

2a4edece8e4f73ba2e076ad7c278f43a.jpg

           The music start with a “can-open” beat, Jiyeon and Nana ily wave their body down to their knees. A girl in between begin to the dance follow by Jiyeon and Nana.

            Standing below the stage are two men “out-of-their-mind”, watching them in shocks. Nichkhun couldn’t believe what he is watching. Taecyeon was just speechless as his eyes fix on Nana. Her body busily grooving to the beat of the music and stop as one of the girl sings her part; she look at the center of the room and sees Victoria walking up to Nichkhun and rest her right hand on his shoulder. She looks at Nichkhun, who’s eyes are big as a grape with flares inside. She looks away unhappily and dance again, waving her body, running her hand up and down her body, and shaking her hips. She sense a pair of eyes ready to explode and pull her down the stage.

            “Woohooo!!” Men cheering loudly as the performers continues to perform.

            Nichkhun grits his teeth, tighten his grip around his cup as he continues to hear men in the club cheering and whispering at the ladies.

            It was one of the girls solo, Nana kneel on the side. She flash her y eyes across the room, but stop at a man she recognize. He had the same facial expression at Nichkhun, eyes big as a grape and mouth apart from each other. She looks away immediately and continues dancing to the beat of music.

            The Sugar Free song ended, the dancer walks backstage. Jiyeon and Nana were the only two girls still on stage. The DJ play the second, “Crazy in Love Remix Featuring Jay-Z”. It start with a slow beat. Jiyeon and Nana ily fingers through their hairs as they seductively waves their body –running their right hand across their chest. The beat begins to pick up and the girls dances fiercely on stage. Two male dancers walks up to the stage and up to the girls 

            “So this is the girl that you like?” Victoria said as she runs her index finger down the side of his face. “She and her partner is going to be very popular tonight among the males here. How about we get together tonight?” She moves closer to him.

            Nichkhun grab her hand and move it away from him. “Not like someone who would go sleep another man just for status and money.”

            Victoria face turn pale and irate, “Nichkhun, we talk about this already. It was only a onetime thing. If you did not leave me that week, none of this would have happen.”

            “You cheated on me numerous of time. You tried to steal my company money.” Nichkhun raised his voice. “I’m done talking to you. Please leave me alone or else I will have security you out.”

            Victoria glance at him one more time before she walks away. Nichkhun finish his glass of cognac and place it on the table, he order another one. The performance was over, he watches her walk off stage. Walking through the crowds to her, but only to stop by the guests wanting to chat with him. He looks over to the left side of the stage, she was gone. The DJ play a slower song. Men and women pair up for a dance on the dance floor.

            Yunho turn and looks at Claudia. “May I have a dance with you?” Yunho asked with his right hand in front of her.

            She nod and place her hand on his. They walks to the dance floor, wrapping their arms around each other. They feet move along with the music beat; slow and steady.

            “Thank you for coming with me tonight.”

            “Your welcome. If I knew it was your birthday I would have dress better and gotten you a gift.”

            “You are beautiful tonight. I don’t like gift that much, you being here is enough for me.”

            She blush. “Can I ask you something?”

            “Sure.”

            “Where you at the ice-rink stadium the other night?” She asked.

Yunho eyes jolt. He hid in farthest corner of the stadium, yet she’s seen him.

            “Be honest with me.”

            “Yes.”

            “Is it the first?”

            “No.”

            A short silent as they dance elegantly on the dance floors. Yunho nervously looks at Claudia, waiting for her to speak.  He firmly hold her left hand, afraid she would walk away.

            “Have you been following me every night?”

            “It was a coincident at first. The first couple months after I visited your restaurant, I did not know you ice skate. Just one night, I was there to meet someone and you happen to be there. The owner of the place there said you come practice every night. She said you either come alone or with your mom, but I saw you alone most of the time.”

            “So you stay….until I leave.”

            “Yes. I had to make sure you’re safe. I meant no harm. I’m not a stalker. I was just…..”

            Claudia tip toe and crash her lips over her. Yunho eyes jolts again, surprise by her action. She move away with her eye gaze at him. “I know.” She smiles. “No wonder I always have a feeling that you’re around. I just couldn’t see you until that night after I saw you driving away. The next day, I see you injured. It felt really uncomfortable. I really wanted to ask you but, I was afraid you would lie to me.”

            “I have never lied to you.”

            “I know.”

            “Can I ask you something?”

            She cocked her head slightly to the side with a soft and gentle look.

            “Will you be mine?”

            Claudia paused. Her eyes filled with emotion and surprise as she gaze at him. Yunho slowly withdraw his hands from her and take a step back.

            “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ask you a ridiculous question. Please forgive me.”

            “Yes.” She replied quietly.

            Yunho looks at her. “What?” He still couldn’t believe what he just heard.

            “Yes.” She repeated. “Yes, I will be your…”

            Yunho happily grab her hands—pull her to him, and crashes his lips on her. Claudia happily respond as she tangles her arms around his neck.

            He back away a bit and happily smiles, “Thank you.” He said.

            “Thank me for what? For accepting to be yours?”

            “Yes, for being mine. I thought for second you would say no.”    

            “For a smart guy like you, how can you be so clueless?”

            “I’m sorry, I can’t read women mind. I don’t know what they like e feel, I just know that if I see someone I like I would do my best to protect her.”

            “Promise me you won’t get hurt and keep your eyes on me only.”

            “I promise.” He said before he lower his head down for another tender and passionate kiss as they dance again.

            “It seem like someone successfully got the girl.” Said Taecyeon standing at a table by the bar.

            “She’s really pretty and tall. She looks like an athlete.” Lena said.

            “Yunho said she’s on the nation reserve team for Olympic 2018. She will be representing South Korea.”

            “Wow, jjinja? What sport does she play?”

            “Ice-skating.”

            “It’s a beautiful sport.”

            Taecyeon smiles as he pick up his glass and drink. Nana walks out from the back across the floor, and sees Taecyeon at a table with a lady. Jealously she looks at him for just a short second. Taecyeon turn and caught her looking away.

            Walking to the bar station, she begin to serve drink and refill drink for the guests. A couple men approach her with empty glass.

            “Hello pretty lady, may we get a refill?” a man in dark brown suit spoke.

            “And another glass for you too. We would like to have a drink with you.”

            Nana grab a bottle of Hennessy and pour it in their glass. “I’m sorry, I’m not allow to drink while working.”

            “Come on, it’s just a glass. If your boss yells at you, tell him to come look for us. We will take the blame.” Said the man in dark grey suit.

            Nana hesitate. She does not want to drink with these men, but they refuse to leave, giving her no choice.

“You dance really well, we just want to reward a glass.” Said the third man in black suit.

“Just one glass.”

            Nana pick up the glass and cheer with the men before she chug the Hennessy down . The man in the second grab the bottle and pour more in the glass and his.

            “Another one with me.”

            “Sorry, I ca….”

            “Just one.” He push the glass toward her.

            Taecyeon walks over to the bar and pick up the glass and finish it for her.

            “What the f—who are you? We didn’t invite you.”

            “You want someone to drink, I’ll drink with you.”

            The second man grab the glass back. “Get out of here.”

            “What is your name?”

            “Park Hyun-Jun, the son’s of Park Lee-dae who is the owner of Park Inc.

            “Wow, for a second I thought it was someone crying out for his dad name to back him up.”

            “You!”

            “Stop it.” The first man pull him back, “He is Ok Taecyeon, Nichkhun’s trusted man. You mess with him, you mess with Nichkhun. If you want your dad to live in peace then en stop and leave.” He growl at him.

            The second man grit his teeth and shameless leave. The first and second men bow to Taecyeon before they walk away.

            “Why did you do that?”

            “They were trying to get you drunk.”

            “I can handle that myself. I know how to take care of myself.”

            “I was just trying to help you. Can you at least say Thank you or give me a drink?”

            Nana sighed and grab a bottle of whiskey, “Thank you.” She said as she pour it into a new glass. She place the glass in front of him.

            Taecyeon smiles and reach for the drink. “You’re really beautiful and y tonight. I didn’t know you dance so well.”

            “Beside modeling, I’m also a dancing.”

            “Wow.”

            Taecyeon gazing at her while she tries to ignore him, serving drink to guests.

            “May I ask you a questioned?” He said. She looks at him, “Do you hate men like me?”

            She was taken back by his question a bit. Her lips parted, “Yes.”

            “Why?”

            “Because they are unfaithful and immature. I hate men that have a little more money than the rest, and think they are the dictator and cocky.”

            Taecyeon was slightly hurt by her answer. “Do you not like me?”

            “Yes.”

            “Can you not be so honest for once and at least act like you like me a little?”

            “I’m sorry, I’m not good at that game.”

            Taecyeon sadly nodded his head as he looks away. “Okay, I get it.” He wretchedly walks away. Nana exhale, regretting everything she had said to him as she watch him walk away with her lie. He stand at his table and constantly drinks.

            Nichkhun pull out his cellphone and text Jiyeon.

 

            From: Nichkhun

             To: Jiyeon

             Where are you? I’ve been looking for you. Please tell me where you are. I’m worry.

 

             Her phone vibrate and ring at the same time. She pick up her phone and read the message. She wrap her hand around her phone and hold it up to her jaw. She recall the unpleasant time at the bar where Victoria come to him and the time during her performance she sees her again with Nichkhun. She take the time to think before replying to him.

 

             From: Jiyeon

             To: Nichkhun.

             You don’t have worry about me. I’m with my group. We’re just talking how well the dance turn out tonight.

 

             From: Nichkhun

             To: Jiyeon

             I hope it’s not about asking you to join a dance team or perform more often at the club. I will definitely disagree. I recalled men “howling” at you. If there wasn’t so much people here tonight, I would have rip their tongue off.

 

Reading his jealous message, she smiles to herself. Though she was more jealous seeing Victoria close to him, she still could not stop the happiness running inside of her.

 

             From: Jiyeon

             To: Nichkhun

             Well, it was not a good view on stage either for me to see a woman touching you. If I recalled, she tried to touch you.

 

             From: Nichkhun

             To: Jiyeon

             She did NOT touch me. I don’t want to talk like this. Can you please come out, so we can talk?

 

             From: Jiyeon

             To: Nichkhun

             I will be out in five, but I have to work. We won’t be able to talk. Don’t you have guests to chat with.

            

             From: Nichkhun

             To: Jiyeon

             Yes, I do. But I want to talk to you more. I heard the manager let you borrow club once this event is over. I’m guessing it is a graduation gift?

 

         Her eyes jolt. “What? How does he know?” quietly talking to herself, she text him back again.

 

           From: Jiyeon

           To: Nichkhun

           Yes he did. It was kind of him. This mean you won’t be able to show the contract tonight. Should we reschedule?

            P.S. You are invited to my early celebration if you are free from your “drama”. If not, Myungsoo and friends will keep me company.

 

             It anger him recollecting that night Myungsoo tried to force a kiss on her. He inhale and exhale deeply before replying.

 

             From: Nichkhun

             To: Jiyeon

             Trust me, I’ll definitely be there. And for your information, I do not have any drama. What happen between Victoria and I was long time ago. What I worry now is us.

 

             From: Jiyeon

             To: Nichkhun

             I have to get going now. I will see you shortly.

 

She put her phone in the back pocket of her pant and walks out of the dressing room to the main room. She walks across the stage to the bar, looking to her right she sees Taecyeon.

            “Jiyeon, I need another bottle of cognac for our VIP.” Said one of the waitress. “This is the third bottle already. Mr. Ok can really drink.”

            Jiyeon grab Camus Cognac and put in on the tray. Nana took it back and put it on the shelf.

            “Nana, what are you doing?”

            “He drink too much already. Tell him, if he want to drink than he has to come to me and get it.”

            “You’re going to get me in trouble.” Said the waitress.

            “I’ll bring it to him.” She said.

            The waitress walks away. Jiyeon turn and cross her arms.         

            “I’m guessing his drinking have something to do with you.” Jiyeon said.

            Nana sigh and grab a water pitcher. Walking to Taecyeon, she passed Nichkhun, who’s eyes is on fire as he walks to the bar. Nana place the water pitcher on the table.

            “Hey, I want another bottle, not this…..”

            He turn and sees Nana standing in front of him.

            “You drink water. That’s all you get tonight.” Nana said before she walks away, leaving Taecyeon once again speechless.

            The bar was surround with male guests, they place their glass on the table and watches Jiyeon moving back and forth, filling up their glasses with liquor. Some whispers to each other, while others checks her out. Jiyeon is aware of it, but does nothing about it. Pouring the last drop into one of the make guest, the bottle empty. She walks to the trash can at the end of the bar and sees Nichkhun standing with an intense and fierce face and hands in his pockets as he gaze at her. Jiyeon throw the bottle in the trash can before he grab her left hand and pull her into a little hall of the stage. He stop and pin her to the wall, trapping her with his hands on both side. He stare at her intensely. She can see the flares in his eyes. Jiyeon part her lips ready to speak, but shut by his lips. He hungrily devours her lips—passionately and nipping her lips. His insert his tongue into , exploring deliciously. She was breathless, against his lips as she feels his body pressing against her harder. His arms wraps around her tiny and thin body.

            Jiyeon push him away and pants heavily.

            “Did you know… all the men at the bar want to devour you?” He said.

            “I know.”

            “Just watching them makes me mad. It would have been better for me if you wear a little bit more clothes. Those men won’t surround the bar is you didn’t have to wear this less. I wish I could rip their eyes off.”

            Jiyeon smiles softly as she gazes at his jealousy face. “Is this why you pull me here?”

            “Yes, but also another reason. Tonight, I’m definitely taking you with me.”

            “We will see. I have to go back to work.” She said. “Please don’t make it harder for me or my boss. I don’t want any trouble tonight.”

            He sighed and step aside. “I promise.”

            Jiyeon tip-toe and peck his lips before she stroll back to the bar.

 

To be continue…………………………………….